Question for atheists...

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
26-03-2016, 07:29 PM
RE: Question for atheists...
(26-03-2016 07:20 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 07:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  You apparently don't understand Hilbert's work. Why am I not surprised? Consider

Just gone about your business, bruh.

(26-03-2016 07:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  You actually believe that?

Yes

Whats part of Hilbert's work do you think supports your misunderstanding of infinity?
Hilbert's work is congruent with Cantor's, both demonstrating that infinity and transfinite math are counter-intuitive.

Your lack of understanding of it is yet another demonstration of your shallow, thoughtless arguments.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
26-03-2016, 07:30 PM
(26-03-2016 07:18 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 07:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, some might be willing, even myself.

Excellent. Lets begin...tomorrow Smile

Start a thread when you're ready. I don't have a lot going on aside from the normal stuff.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
26-03-2016, 07:58 PM
(26-03-2016 07:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  Whats part of Hilbert's work do you think supports your misunderstanding of infinity?
Hilbert's work is congruent with Cantor's, both demonstrating that infinity and transfinite math are counter-intuitive.

Your lack of understanding of it is yet another demonstration of your shallow, thoughtless arguments.

I know I just had said that I will own you on this subject (again). But I just really don't feel like it. The only way I will discuss this with you again if you go back to our previous conversation and tell me how can infinity be traversed, or possessed.

If you can't...just leave me alone, bruh. Can you do that, please? Just leave me alone.
26-03-2016, 07:59 PM
(26-03-2016 07:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 07:18 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Excellent. Lets begin...tomorrow Smile

Start a thread when you're ready. I don't have a lot going on aside from the normal stuff.

I thought you were setting up a thread for one on one discussion?
26-03-2016, 08:09 PM
(26-03-2016 07:23 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 04:40 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  And I am "explaining"
Assertions are not explanations you chuckle fuck.

(26-03-2016 04:40 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  to you that however you define anything, if it falls short of "accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior and believing that he died on the cross for your sins"....if it falls short of that, it really doesn't FUCKING matter, it is WRONG.
Well that's just fucking stupid.
The brain is described as :The portion of the central nervous system that is located within the skull. It functions as a primary receiver, organizer, and distributor of information for the body. It has a right half and a left half, each of which is called a hemisphere.
Now given that that's not about Jesus and if, according to your delusions, anything not about Jesus is wrong..where is the brain located CotW? How many hemispheres does it have? Maybe I'm asking the wrong person given you think the brain is made outta fucking cartilage.

Any definition that's not about Jesus is wrong. *snort* That's really the best distraction from the fact you don't know what a word means that you have? Bloody amateur.

(26-03-2016 04:40 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  You can sit there and play these word games all you want
The fact that you think using a word correctly with an actual understanding of what it means is "a word game" is ...well actually kinda sad. I pity you, having to go through life as semi-sentient potato.

(26-03-2016 04:40 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  "Oh, agnostics don't believe in Christ, but they don't disbelieve in Christ either"
Except that that's not what I'm talking about or even what I was gonna say, or would say cause it's wrong. So not only do you not know what the word means you don't even know what the arguments against what you don't know are. You have managed to be wrong multiple times before I've even actually said anything about it.
Poor poor, potato.
Actually lots of agnostics believe in god. Lots of agnostics don't believe in god. Do you know why? Cause agnostic/gnostic is not about what you believe you fucking retard. It's about what you claim to KNOW. Not believe, know. Know. K.N.O.W.

Considering you don't even know what YOU are talking about, maybe don't waste your time trying to act like you know what other people are thinking. Stupid potato.

(26-03-2016 04:40 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  ...and all of that other kind of nonsense.
Yes, I suppose you would think "using words right" is nonsense.

(26-03-2016 04:40 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  It still isn't Christianity...either you are FOR Jesus, or against Jesus. No in-betweens.
Actually you are wrong it's actually about Zeus so enjoy your time in Hades shitbag. I. Don't. Share. Your. Delusions. So arguing from them as if they were real means nothing to me I'll just mock you and move on.

(26-03-2016 04:40 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  So, when you take your scrawny ass to hell, you can say "well, at least I was right about the definition of "agnosticism" Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
If there is a hell I'll get to tell you myself as even you're self-aware enough to know that after 5 minutes dealing with your dumb ass Jesus is gonna chuck you into the fire.Laugh out load

Mean while I get to be right about it now. And the 2 dozen other times I explained this to you. So tell me did you think yelling JESUS as much as you could would distract me from the fact your a fucking idiot who can't understand a word even after it's been explained to him 24+ times over several months? 'Cause it didn't you illiterate peasant.Drinking Beverage

You don't have a learning disability, you have a learning inability.

Now this babbling fool has come out of the woodwork. I guess this is what Batman must feel like. Once you finish with the Joker, here comes Penguin. Once you finish with Penguin, here comes Two-Face. Once you finish with Two-Face, here comes Poison Ivy. Once you finish with Poison Ivy, here comes Scarecrow. Once you finish with Scarecrow, here comes Mr. Freeze. Once you finish with Mr. Freeze, here comes Mad Hatter. Once you finish with Mad Hatter, here comes the Riddler. Once you finish with the Riddler, here comes Ra's Al Ghul.

The list goes on and on and on Weeping No rest for the weary Weeping

Ahh, but, this is for the Kingdom. And just thinking about who I am working for, makes it all more the while Cool
26-03-2016, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2016 08:22 PM by Chas.)
(26-03-2016 07:58 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 07:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  Whats part of Hilbert's work do you think supports your misunderstanding of infinity?

I know I just had said that I will own you on this subject (again). But I just really don't feel like it. The only way I will discuss this with you again if you go back to our previous conversation and tell me how can infinity be traversed, or possessed.

If you can't...just leave me alone, bruh. Can you do that, please? Just leave me alone.

No, your question is nonsense. "Possessed" is not a mathematical or scientific term, and infinities are spanned all the time.

You don't understand it, and you are too stupid to recognize it.

I'm still waiting for you to explain how Hilbert's mathematics supports your cartoon view of infinity.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-03-2016, 08:44 PM
(26-03-2016 06:41 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  <----------Past infinity-------------------------Big Bang Event-------------------------Future infinity----->

There is no equal point from the big bang event to past infinity.

Something is infinite, or it is not infinite. This applies as much to your alleged god as it does to the universe and whatever might have come before.

All you have there is an argument from incredulity with a side of special pleading.

Quote:Because of the logical problem above, there has to be an ultimate First Cause.

"Has to be" is an unsupported assertion. It is not yet demonstrated that the universe requires a First cause, nor is it demonstrated that the supposed First Cause has to be sentient, and you definitely haven't linked it to the god of the Bible.

Quote:The universe is contingent. It didn't have to be here. Anything that is contingent owes its existence to something external from it.

So if the universe doesn't have to be here (and indeed nothing needs to be here), let's just extend that one step further and consider that a universe-creating god also doesn't need to exist. In short, if we don't need watches, we don't need watchmakers either.

Quote:To create from nothing is unnatural, isn't it?

That's precisely why I think creation ex nihilo is nonsense.
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
26-03-2016, 09:03 PM
(26-03-2016 08:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, your question is nonsense. "Possessed" is not a mathematical or scientific term, and infinities are spanned all the time.

Catman, what I mean by "possessed" is, one cannot have an actual infinite number/amount of things at one's disposal.

You cannot have or be in possession of an actual infinite amount of baseball cards, or marbles, or tops. I dont give a DAMN whether it is a mathematical/scientific term or not...because that is IRRELEVANT to whether or not one can possess an infinite number/amount of things.

So your objection is bullshit. It is worthless, unwarranted, unfounded, and irrelevant. It has no basis, or purpose.

(26-03-2016 08:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  You don't understand it, and you are too stupid to recognize it.

Begone, catman.

(26-03-2016 08:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm still waiting for you to explain how Hilbert's mathematics supports your cartoon view of infinity.

Hilbert's Hotel. But before you can Google ways to refute the Hilberts Hotel paradox, please go to our previous discussion on this issue..the one where you were owned. If you STILL cannot adequately address any of those points I raised, then please...stop typing to me.
26-03-2016, 09:06 PM
(26-03-2016 07:58 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I know I just had said that I will own you on this subject (again). But I just really don't feel like it. The only way I will discuss this with you again if you go back to our previous conversation and tell me how can infinity be traversed, or possessed.

COTW has never "owned" anyone, on any subject.

From the whining above, we can conclude "I just don't feel like it" (the dog ate my homework) means he actually for once knows he's in WAY over his uneducated small little head and is calling "uncle".

His BS about "proofs" (for anything religious) is actually heresy. If one has "proof" of something, faith is unnecessary. Apparently he's the first Christian ever, who needs no faith. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-03-2016, 09:12 PM
(26-03-2016 08:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-03-2016 07:58 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I know I just had said that I will own you on this subject (again). But I just really don't feel like it. The only way I will discuss this with you again if you go back to our previous conversation and tell me how can infinity be traversed, or possessed.

No, your question is nonsense. "Possessed" is not a mathematical or scientific term, and infinities are spanned all the time.

You don't understand it, and you are too stupid to recognize it.

I'm still waiting for you to explain how Hilbert's mathematics supports your cartoon view of infinity.
Can I play this imaginary game too?
I see your "infinity" and raise you an "all"
I have 1 "all of infinity"
Do I win?