Poll: Would you prefer being out of nothing, or being made out of clay?
Nothing
Clay
[Show Results]

Question for creationists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Question for creationists
Genesis 2:7 says God made man out of "the dust of the ground" (commonly referred to as "made man out of clay")

Why did God first make clay out of nothing, and then make man out of clay? Why not make man out of nothing, like everything else he created? And then there's the thing with the rib...

But wait.. I know 'God works in mysterious ways', so that is not my question to you.
My question is:
What would you have preferred? Being made out of nothing, or being made out of clay?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2012, 11:49 AM
RE: Question for creationists
Clay... then I could be like Clayface from Batman.

[Image: opforum1.png]
11-06-2012, 12:18 PM
(11-06-2012 11:45 AM)greenjelly Wrote:  Genesis 2:7 says God made man out of "the dust of the ground" (commonly referred to as "made man out of clay")

Why did God first make clay out of nothing, and then make man out of clay? Why not make man out of nothing, like everything else he created? And then there's the thing with the rib...

But wait.. I know 'God works in mysterious ways', so that is not my question to you.
My question is:
What would you have preferred? Being made out of nothing, or being made out of clay?

I think there is one creationist on TTA.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
11-06-2012, 02:14 PM
(11-06-2012 12:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(11-06-2012 11:45 AM)greenjelly Wrote:  Genesis 2:7 says God made man out of "the dust of the ground" (commonly referred to as "made man out of clay")

My question is:

I think there is one creationist on TTA.

We scare them off quite efficiently I guess. Blush Assuming by the question the OP means YEC.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
11-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Who is the YEC left?

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
11-06-2012, 03:04 PM
(11-06-2012 02:38 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Who is the YEC left?

S.T. Ranger

[Image: vjp09.gif]
11-06-2012, 07:38 PM
(11-06-2012 03:04 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(11-06-2012 02:38 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Who is the YEC left?

S.T. Ranger
I think there are a few more dormant ones hanging around. Interesting people to talk to.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
11-06-2012, 07:52 PM
I've actually heard an answer to this. Allow me to provide it and refute it (efficiency at its best).

Some YECs say that we were made out of "the dust of the ground" because God wanted to make us naturally. You see, they claim that all of the elements that make up humans can be found in dust, and that's absolutely true... because a significant portion of dust is made up of dead skin cells.

The original dust of the ground would not have contained these skin cells because there was no one to shed them, and without those cells the raw materials for humans would disappear, too.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2012, 08:31 PM
(11-06-2012 07:52 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Some YECs say that we were made out of "the dust of the ground" because God wanted to make us naturally.
wow, never heard that before. Is that the ultimate sub-conscious acceptance of evolution?
12-06-2012, 05:16 PM
(11-06-2012 08:31 PM)greenjelly Wrote:  
(11-06-2012 07:52 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Some YECs say that we were made out of "the dust of the ground" because God wanted to make us naturally.
wow, never heard that before. Is that the ultimate sub-conscious acceptance of evolution?
Ever since the majority of the public started accepting that science held the best answers to our questions, Christians have tried to explain everything they can with science. Of course when science fails, that's when they fall back on supernatural explanations.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Creationists are the same as NAMBLA Shadow Fox 6 209 20-05-2014 07:09 AM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Well, That Didn't Take Long...Creationists Are Bitching 'Cosmos' Is Unfair WindyCityJazz 31 1,293 03-05-2014 05:26 PM
Last Post: Charis
  Why no sympathy for creationists. sporehux 4 269 06-02-2014 04:02 PM
Last Post: sporehux
  Question about the fine-tuning argument by creationists flyingpancake 14 562 04-02-2014 06:15 PM
Last Post: Mathilda
  Question for YECers. kingschosen 25 842 13-01-2014 01:29 PM
Last Post: anonymous66
  2 questions for creationists Relic of the Darkling 173 4,564 25-12-2013 03:36 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  My discussions with Creationists! Crulax 3 267 09-12-2013 02:10 PM
Last Post: kingschosen