Question for members experienced with MyBB and other forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Question Question for members experienced with MyBB and other forums
Even though users can create user names, avatar, signature, etc. Does the forum have an option for administrators to create a board where when ever someone posts in it, the username is automatically blank/changed to a preset/randomly generated? And all signature and avatars are automatically removed?

If not, do other forums have an ability like this?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2013, 05:47 PM
RE: Question for members experienced with MyBB and other forums
(31-12-2013 04:48 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  Even though users can create user names, avatar, signature, etc. Does the forum have an option for administrators to create a board where when ever someone posts in it, the username is automatically blank/changed to a preset/randomly generated? And all signature and avatars are automatically removed?

It would be possible to anonymise posts with a plugin that wouldn't be difficukt to write. For administrative reasons it probably wouldn't be allowed. It defeats the purpose of most of the system.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
31-12-2013, 06:05 PM
(31-12-2013 05:47 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 04:48 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  Even though users can create user names, avatar, signature, etc. Does the forum have an option for administrators to create a board where when ever someone posts in it, the username is automatically blank/changed to a preset/randomly generated? And all signature and avatars are automatically removed?

It would be possible to anonymise posts with a plugin that wouldn't be difficukt to write. For administrative reasons it probably wouldn't be allowed. It defeats the purpose of most of the system.

Are you saying that these plugins already exist, like the ones that translate a board to another language? Or that they don't exist (on any professional level), but you could theoretical create one?
31-12-2013, 06:11 PM
(31-12-2013 06:05 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 05:47 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  It would be possible to anonymise posts with a plugin that wouldn't be difficukt to write. For administrative reasons it probably wouldn't be allowed. It defeats the purpose of most of the system.

Are you saying that these plugins already exist, like the ones that translate a board to another language? Or that they don't exist (on any professional level), but you could theoretical create one?

As far as I know they don't exist but I could create one fairly easily. With a few lines of code I could create a forum with that kind of posting behaviour.

31-12-2013, 06:50 PM
(31-12-2013 06:11 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 06:05 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  Are you saying that these plugins already exist, like the ones that translate a board to another language? Or that they don't exist (on any professional level), but you could theoretical create one?

As far as I know they don't exist but I could create one fairly easily. With a few lines of code I could create a forum with that kind of posting behaviour.

I know you could but don't do it. I see no upside and foresee great turmoil.

This is not my signature.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
31-12-2013, 06:51 PM
(31-12-2013 06:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 06:11 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  As far as I know they don't exist but I could create one fairly easily. With a few lines of code I could create a forum with that kind of posting behaviour.

I know you could but don't do it. I see no upside and foresee great turmoil.

Yes, that is what I was trying to explain.

[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
31-12-2013, 08:08 PM
It's a good/interesting idea, but as Deep said this would only be used for bad. Like superpowers on easily corruptible persons.
This isn't 4chan.

Plus, I like that people know it's me calling them a cuntrag.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
31-12-2013, 08:11 PM
(31-12-2013 08:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's a good/interesting idea, but as Deep said this would only be used for bad. Like superpowers on easily corruptible persons.
This isn't 4chan.

Yes, I always appreciate it when you do. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-12-2013, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2014 03:31 AM by GirlyMan.)
(31-12-2013 08:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's a good/interesting idea, but as Deep said this would only be used for bad. Like superpowers on easily corruptible persons.
This isn't 4chan.

Yup, that's kinda the whole point you cuntrag-stuffed MuffinMouth. Big Grin

[Image: bates1.jpg]

This is not my signature.