Question for (once) young ladies who lived on their own for a time.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2013, 02:36 AM
Question Question for (once) young ladies who lived on their own for a time.
When you lived alone with not too many friends in the immediate area/city, did you ever fall in with a group of people, or take a boyfriend whom you didn't have any feelings towards, but liked them enough and found them harmless, so that you wouldn't be alone (and so felt safer)?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2013, 06:05 PM
RE: Question for (once) young ladies who lived on their own for a time.
Well, I didn't, and would never do. It would be a waste of his and mine time.

But I know some girls do it.
16-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Well, I live in a city where most of its inhabitants are college students. And when I just moved here I lived in a dorm of sorts... I think "student residence" is the best term for it.

My point is, I lived with a bunch of girls. We didn't exactly live alone, but everyone was pretty much "alone" in the sense that they had few friends and no family in the city, at least in most cases. And I saw a few of them get random boyfriends because "eh, why not?". I also used to wander around college with people I didn't exactly like, but liked better than being alone. Mind you, this was partly because of the company and partly because I wanted to double and triple-check everything the professors said and it was easy hanging around people when I already knew their names.

I used to hang out with this group of about 10 people. Then I realized a few of them were actually pretty shitty people. I only talk to like two of them now. Nothing huge happened, though. I just found cooler people.

I can't help but wonder, why are you asking?

[Image: killing-floor-screen-banner.jpg]
16-04-2013, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2013 09:14 PM by PoolBoyG.)
I'm just noticed some trends. Young ladies, out of secondary education, living in a big city, with no real friends around, hooking up with people and boyfriends not necessarily because they like them, but because they're lonely or genuinely afraid of having no one to call to in case something dangerous happens.

As a large male, I've lived in new a city, completely alone, but never found myself to be "lonely" or "afraid for personal safety" to seek out, essentially, a posse.

note: as for "waste of time", I wouldn't consider it so if sex is involved, or the partner isn't looking for a relationship for whatever reason.
16-04-2013, 09:21 PM
Ah, I see.

Now that you mention being pulled along, I remember an acquaintance that got a boyfriend and was pretty indifferent towards him. Except when she had to carry heavy stuff. Although the attention she gave him lasted only as long as it took her to push the boxes/bags on him. Also, I once ran into them and she quickly let go of his hand. I already knew they were dating.

So there you go, one more random anecdote.

[Image: killing-floor-screen-banner.jpg]
17-04-2013, 01:10 PM
I was a young lady, once upon a time...

(16-04-2013 06:05 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  Well, I didn't, and would never do. It would be a waste of his and mine time.

But I know some girls do it.

This. I value my solitude way too much. I've had roommates for financial purposes (to split the bills) though, but I always preferred having a place all to myself. i get annoyed with people easily; I view home as a safe haven where I can go to get away from [all] people.

As for people doing that, I know serial monogamists of both sexes who get into relationships the minute they end the last relationship, some people just can't deal with being alone I guess.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-04-2013, 02:28 PM
(16-04-2013 09:01 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  I'm just noticed some trends. Young ladies, out of secondary education, living in a big city, with no real friends around, hooking up with people and boyfriends not necessarily because they like them, but because they're lonely or genuinely afraid of having no one to call to in case something dangerous happens.

As a large male, I've lived in new a city, completely alone, but never found myself to be "lonely" or "afraid for personal safety" to seek out, essentially, a posse.

note: as for "waste of time", I wouldn't consider it so if sex is involved, or the partner isn't looking for a relationship for whatever reason.

How can you possibly know whatever or not a girl really loves her BF?
Are you a psychic?

Also, if you just want sex, then why not just have sex with the person, without the whole relationship part.
I think it would be even more a waste of time building a up a love relationship, if all you want is sex. Just be friends, and have sex then.
[+] 2 users Like MuffinPuffin's post
21-04-2013, 12:01 PM
(17-04-2013 02:28 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 09:01 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  I'm just noticed some trends. Young ladies, out of secondary education, living in a big city, with no real friends around, hooking up with people and boyfriends not necessarily because they like them, but because they're lonely or genuinely afraid of having no one to call to in case something dangerous happens.

How can you possibly know whatever or not a girl really loves her BF?
Are you a psychic?

Also, if you just want sex, then why not just have sex with the person, without the whole relationship part.
I think it would be even more a waste of time building a up a love relationship, if all you want is sex. Just be friends, and have sex then.

I wish I had friends like Muffy Puffy. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
21-04-2013, 04:44 PM
(17-04-2013 02:28 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  How can you possibly know whatever or not a girl really loves her BF?
Are you a psychic?

Simple conversation. Actually leaving the house and talking to people. No supernatural powers required.