Question for the Brits here...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2017, 01:48 PM
RE: Question for the Brits here...
I'd just like to say that as an American male with no accent to speak of myself, I absolutely adore female British and Australian accents. The British accent seems so demure and proper. The Australian accent seems so brazen and improper. Both are so alluring and sexy as hell!

It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes reeveseb's post
29-08-2017, 02:52 PM
(29-08-2017 01:48 PM)reeveseb Wrote:  I'd just like to say that as an American male with no accent to speak of myself, I absolutely adore female British and Australian accents. The British accent seems so demure and proper. The Australian accent seems so brazen and improper. Both are so alluring and sexy as hell!

Lol you should hear the Essex / Estuary English (also known as cockney) accents those are truly grating there's nothing demure or proper although they are brazen and improper but not in an attractive way like how the Australian accent is. Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
29-08-2017, 04:26 PM
(29-08-2017 02:52 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Lol you should hear the Essex / Estuary English (also known as cockney) accents those are truly grating there's nothing demure or proper although they are brazen and improper but not in an attractive way like how the Australian accent is. Laugh out load

Stay away from Essex girls. They have a bad reputation. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-08-2017, 04:35 PM
(29-08-2017 04:26 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 02:52 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Lol you should hear the Essex / Estuary English (also known as cockney) accents those are truly grating there's nothing demure or proper although they are brazen and improper but not in an attractive way like how the Australian accent is. Laugh out load

Stay away from Essex girls. They have a bad reputation. Wink

Reminds me of an old joke here in the UK.
What's the difference between an Essex man and an Essex girl ?
Essex girl has a higher sperm count. Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
30-08-2017, 01:58 AM
(29-08-2017 01:48 PM)reeveseb Wrote:  I'd just like to say that as an American male with no accent to speak of myself, I absolutely adore female British and Australian accents. The British accent seems so demure and proper. The Australian accent seems so brazen and improper. Both are so alluring and sexy as hell!
As a brit, I'll chip in and say it's a combo of the person themselves and the area they were born in.

Most local accents are terrible, like just the worst. But those that actually try to clean up their accents for professional purposes, or even just to not sound like a complete tool, end up sounding great.

For "Foreigners", the nice ones among us try to put on a bit of a BBC accent, so you can understand us better haha. You know you're met a proper brit, when you have no idea what they've said Laugh out load

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post
30-08-2017, 02:23 AM
Folks,

To digress... My masseuse is a big South London girl. Smile She says that I'm very fit for my age.

I can take that in any accent. Thumbsup

D.
[+] 2 users Like Dworkin's post
30-08-2017, 04:54 AM
(30-08-2017 02:23 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Folks,

To digress... My masseuse is a big South London girl. Smile She says that I'm very fit for my age.

I can take that in any accent. Thumbsup

D.

TMI!!!! SadcryfaceOhmyBlinkGaspShockingHuh

Tongue

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
30-08-2017, 05:25 AM
You should try living in my part of the UK - Somerset.

Every day is "Talk Like A Pirate Day"!Undecided

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 2 users Like Silly Deity's post
30-08-2017, 01:11 PM
(30-08-2017 05:25 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  You should try living in my part of the UK - Somerset.

Every day is "Talk Like A Pirate Day"!Undecided
ARG!

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
30-08-2017, 01:17 PM
I read something interesting the other day on livescience.com about American vs. British accents. They said that accents in America are actually closer to the standard British accent back in 1776 than the British are today. One of the quotes from the piece says, "It is the standard British accent that has drastically changed in the past two centuries, while the typical American accent has changed only subtly." The crux of the story is that Hollywood has been portraying historical accents wrong for all of these years, and it goes into some detail about why they think this.

Accents are fascinating!

It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.
[+] 1 user Likes reeveseb's post