Question for theists: What would make you change your faith?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2013, 01:13 AM

RE: Question for theists: What would make you change your faith?
(26-01-2013 05:20 PM)Godless Heathen Wrote:  This sucks. I hate it when I find out about the existance another religion. It mean I now have yet another "Holy Book" to read!

How right you are. The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ is now available online for free (you still have to buy the Kindle or Paperback version). Right now, you can view the .html version at http://veridican.org.

There will be a .pdf version as well, but I haven't got it up there yet.

Have a look. Yes
Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2013, 01:24 AM
Time for the Pirate Bay.

[Image: neutral-pirate-poker-face.png]

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2013, 07:05 AM
(25-01-2013 02:52 AM)Egor Wrote:  They will all become like Joel Osteen's kind of religion, or the religion of the former Crystal Cathedral in California: mere positive thinking clubs where everyone hands everyone else their business card and then listens to a sermon guaranteed to fuel whatever narcissism they harbor within. All the members will have bleach-blond hair, saline psuedo-boobs, veneered teeth, and $2000-dollar suits until the only thing that can be said for being a Christian is "We all televangelists now!"
Funny stuff
(25-01-2013 02:52 AM)Egor Wrote:  I don't even know anyone like me. I am so on fire with the Holy Spirit, the Power of God, and the great love of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ that sometimes I don't know how I can contain it. I feel like I will explode and all that will be left is a great and brilliant light.
Kinda like Islamist suicide bombers?

(25-01-2013 02:52 AM)Egor Wrote:  Or is it that in reality I'm scaring the crap out of atheists, because they can't break me down, and I won't cater to them or play nice? Maybe it's that light coming through.
Your ideas don't scare me, the only reason I'd be scared of you is if you decide to "explode...into a great brilliant light" and take others with you.

(25-01-2013 02:52 AM)Egor Wrote:  When I left the Christian Church, I took Christ with me.
No wonder He can't be found, where are you keeping Him hostage?

(25-01-2013 02:52 AM)Egor Wrote:  Well, since I'm worth talking about, I figured I just join in.
You certainly are entertaining in a Jack Nicholson The Shining sort of way.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
27-01-2013, 07:50 AM
(25-01-2013 07:03 PM)PersephoneK Wrote:  From then on, it was a relatively short path to total unbelief. The evidence was just too strong.

What evidence, specifically?

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
27-01-2013, 08:01 AM
(27-01-2013 07:50 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(25-01-2013 07:03 PM)PersephoneK Wrote:  From then on, it was a relatively short path to total unbelief. The evidence was just too strong.

What evidence, specifically?

What would depend on what you are asking evidence for.

Evidence against PersephoneK's particular ideology, or evidence against god itself?

27-01-2013, 02:35 PM

(27-01-2013 07:05 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Kinda like Islamist suicide bombers?

Oh, I'd never blow myself up. Consider

Quote:Your ideas don't scare me, the only reason I'd be scared of you is if you decide to "explode...into a great brilliant light" and take others with you.

I want the light within me to take as many with me as I can

Quote:You certainly are entertaining in a Jack Nicholson The Shining sort of way.

You’ve had your whole fucking life to think things over. What goods a few more minutes going to do you now?

That just needs to be on a T-shirt. Yes

I really think Jack puts it quite well if you consider atheists as Wendy, and me as Jack going after the atheist mindset. I'm not sure what the bat represents. Unsure
27-01-2013, 02:40 PM

mistake, please delete. Blush
27-01-2013, 03:04 PM
(27-01-2013 08:01 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(27-01-2013 07:50 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  What evidence, specifically?

What would depend on what you are asking evidence for.

Evidence against PersephoneK's particular ideology, or evidence against god itself?
I'm asking for the particular evidence that PersephoneK referred to when he said "it was a relatively short path to total unbelief. The evidence was just too strong".

I'm not going to let you turn this around on me.
Someone said "evidence" and I asked what it was. As simple as that.

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
27-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Good, good.

That should serve you well.

27-01-2013, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2013 10:59 PM by Full Circle.)
(27-01-2013 02:35 PM)Egor Wrote:  I'm not sure what the bat represents. Unsure
The bat could represent reason.

You get bonked on the head with reason but all it does is make you angrier. The backfire effect predicts that if you present some people with evidence that contradicts their strongly held beliefs it will reinforce their existing opinions, rather than changing them. - Brendan Nyhan and Jason Reifler

The most dangerous place to stand is in between someone and what they want to believe.- Unknown

Anyway do try to keep your emotions in check and don't hurt anyone in your self-righteous quest.

BTW went to your site, read some of your responses on the threads including the one where you say "God destroys every physical form He creates. Everything is made to be destroyed eventually." Next thing I see happening is you'll ask God to make you a sword of His will. Yeah, The Shining analogy definitely applies.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption