Question for theists: What would make you change your faith?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2013, 11:05 AM
RE: Question for theists: What would make you change your faith?
(23-01-2013 01:49 AM)kpax Wrote:  Maybe slighly off topic but I had to google "Veridicanism" and got this...wtf?! What happened since I've been gone?

http://veridicanism.com

And more wtf?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veridicanism

Is this the same guy, Egor, who posts here??

Quote:According to Edward Gordon:

“We hate atheism because we love the human being who is tormented by atheism. We are committed to fighting the atheistic influence in society, and see it as a detriment to the psychological functioning of human beings, to society as a whole, and to future generations influenced by it.”

Indeed, most of the efforts of Veridicans today are directed at challenging atheistic beliefs through online discussions, debate, and through sermons offered on a weekly basis through the Church of the Veridican.
Wow...
Just when I thought I couldn't be surprised by anything from Egor anymore... Blink

Silence is only golden when it's not synonymous with a failure to speak out against injustice.

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." --Gene Roddenberry
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
23-01-2013, 11:15 AM
(23-01-2013 08:54 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Wikipedia seems to be on the verge of deleting it too. How bad does your shit have to be for wikipedia to delete it?
It's a religion whose only members are its founder and his wife. No surprise there. Drinking Beverage

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
23-01-2013, 11:48 AM
(23-01-2013 11:15 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(23-01-2013 08:54 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Wikipedia seems to be on the verge of deleting it too. How bad does your shit have to be for wikipedia to delete it?
It's a religion whose only members are its founder and his wife. No surprise there. Drinking Beverage

There's a great reason for deletion on the discussion page.

Quote: Not even a church - just a website.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
25-01-2013, 01:20 AM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2013 01:27 AM by kpax.)
I must admit: Though he creeps me out and pisses me off Egor does keep me on my toes and reinforces my atheism. And I like kingschosen. He's respectful and isn't a nutball.

Now that I realize this place favors freedom of speech:

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
and there's nothing you bitches can do about it!

Banana_zorro
[+] 1 user Likes kpax's post
25-01-2013, 02:52 AM

I love it when I'm told I don't belong, I'm a jackass, and that I'm not worth the time of day--in a post, created by an atheist, in an atheist forum that has already collected so many replies, I can't read them all, and I just found out about it.

Veridicanism.com is an atheist attack on me and the philosophy of Veridicanism. I don't own that domain name. I own Veridican.org, .com, and .net, and they all point to the same place, "The First Veridican Church." (FVC). I am doing my damndest to build it right now. I work on it eight or nine hours a day when I'm off work. I have not publicized it beyond TTA, because right now, I don't want a lot of activity in the forum. The few members I have and the two Forum Patrons are enough until there is a minimum content on all the website pages. It will probably be at least a month before I really launch it.

As for the wikipedia article--It shouldn't be there. I don't even think it meets wikipedia standards at this time, and I even told them that when they said they were going to delete it. But they haven't removed it yet. So, there it is.

As for why a theist would change their belief to Veridicanism and join the FVC, you have to understand the spiritual war that is going on in this generation. Atheists are ripping the guts out of traditional religion. Traditional religion is very old, it came from a time when people didn't ask a lot of questions about God, and the Church had a lot more social and even governmental control. Today, those religions are not sufficient to combat the satanic influence of atheism in society. So, they will die. And by that I mean they will become (and are now) so compromised that they will not resemble anything like a religion that can satisfy the soul. They will all become like Joel Osteen's kind of religion, or the religion of the former Crystal Cathedral in California: mere positive thinking clubs where everyone hands everyone else their business card and then listens to a sermon guaranteed to fuel whatever narcissism they harbor within. All the members will have bleach-blond hair, saline psuedo-boobs, veneered teeth, and $2000-dollar suits until the only thing that can be said for being a Christian is "We all televangelists now!"

ahem...So, there has to be someone who can provide a refuge. I assure you, atheism cannot stand up against the theology of Veridicanism. Because we are centered on the teachings of Jesus Christ and no others, not even the other writers in the Bible--just the Gospel, and we kick atheist ass for sport (spiritually speaking, of course). And to wax arrogant, I'm the man for the job. I don't even know anyone like me. I am so on fire with the Holy Spirit, the Power of God, and the great love of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ that sometimes I don't know how I can contain it. I feel like I will explode and all that will be left is a great and brilliant light. And I'm not part of the Church. The Church hates me. Believe me, they do. The Christians--the ones who have encountered me--hate me worse than the atheists do. I wouldn't be surprised at all if I were shot and killed by a Christian one day who felt they were doing God's will.

Shoot, I'm already persecuted, and I haven't even really started yet. I mean really, who would buy a domain name and host it just to ridicule me when I'm a nobody, a nothing? Or is it that in reality I'm scaring the crap out of atheists, because they can't break me down, and I won't cater to them or play nice? Maybe it's that light coming through.

I say this objectively about myself--I am a force. And I don't mean I think I'm God or...gravity. I mean, most people who abandon the Church become atheists, or they become some ridiculous wiccan or ineffectual Buddhist or some damn thing. But I never through the baby out with the bathwater. When I left the Christian Church, I took Christ with me.

Now, frankly, I think I am a Christian. A type of Christian, anyway. But I have nothing to do with the Church. I am a lose cannon. But I will build a home for the believers who can't be part of the Joel Osteen--Creflo Dollar crowd. I will will give the atheist the reason to want to live forever, and I'll bring them back to the Fold of God in Christ.

Oh...did I go past my time limit? Is the red light on? Well, since I'm worth talking about, I figured I just join in. Wink
Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2013, 05:01 AM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2013 05:05 AM by Vosur.)
(25-01-2013 02:52 AM)Egor Wrote:  I will will give the atheist the reason to want to live forever, and I'll bring them back to the Fold of God in Christ.
Good luck with that, Joseph Smith. [Image: emoticon_laughing.gif]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Vosur's post
25-01-2013, 05:33 AM
(25-01-2013 02:52 AM)Egor Wrote:  I will will give the atheist the reason to want to live forever, and I'll bring them back to the Fold of God in Christ.

What a great idea, and while you are at it, maybe you will will be able to convince the mathematicians of the world that 2+2= 684,795,673.9?

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
25-01-2013, 07:16 AM
http://memegenerator.net/instance/33844124

Help! I'm being persecuted on the internets. Someone call the lulz catz.

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
25-01-2013, 08:00 AM
(25-01-2013 01:20 AM)kpax Wrote:  I must admit: Though he creeps me out and pisses me off Egor does keep me on my toes and reinforces my atheism. And I like kingschosen. He's respectful and isn't a nutball.

Now that I realize this place favors freedom of speech:

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
and there's nothing you bitches can do about it!

Banana_zorro

That's the spirit. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-01-2013, 12:44 PM

Thanks for the + rep, KC, and thanks for the words. Smile
Quote this message in a reply