Question for theists in the forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2011, 10:32 AM
RE: Question for theists in the forum
(07-12-2011 01:20 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(05-12-2011 10:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Heh, shouldn't the title be "Question for Spectre and kingschosen"?

Smile

Anyway, this sort of thing happens a lot. People who are raised in the church are often indoctrinated and have no real idea what it means to be like Christ. Empathy and compassion is often lost; especially on nonbelievers. These people are so concerned with conversion that they will either berate people into following them or shun them as heathens.

Their actions become so self serving that most believe that God needs them to turn others to Christ and they don't realize their actions aren't needed by God; that they have nothing to do with another person's salvation - that is between that person and God.

Why?

Why what?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2011, 02:29 PM
(07-12-2011 07:31 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Goes to show how effective the tactic is. Why fix what ain't broke (if you're in the manipulation business). I don't remember right now, Filox, where your patriotic roots lie, but in the US, religion is the first tool to turn to when you want to influence the populist vote. Throw out a few threats that a vote for "the other guy" will lead to God turning his back on this great Christian nation and we'll be no better than Rome, which was not brought down by the Barbarians at the gate, but by the loose morals of the hedonist, baby-eating, Godless, Communist Left.

Pretty heady power to weild. Why reinvent the manipulation wheel?

Like Ricky P's "war on christmas" crap...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/arts..._blog.html

Should check out some of the vids on this link - hilarious! The Jesus vid is great too:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/e23d1c2...-strong-ad

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Seasbury's post
09-12-2011, 07:21 PM
(09-12-2011 02:29 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  Should check out some of the vids on this link - hilarious! The Jesus vid is great too:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/e23d1c2...-strong-ad

Jesus H. Christ, that was hilarious! I had seen a couple of the parodies, but losing Jesus' endorsement is really going to hurt RP's campaign.

I also have not had the guts yet to get too whacky with my religious resentments on Facebook, but the Jesus video just got posted. Booyah!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
11-12-2011, 11:41 AM
(07-12-2011 05:44 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Have you ever rode the bus King? The bus is a really good place to find haters.

Yeah, huh? Though watching KC's vids, he doesn't look poor enough to be riding the bus. Wink

I don't hold it against him. He's a decent sort. A little naive about the black heart that seems to be lurking in many Christians, but I don't like them negative waves...

What's with the negative waves, Moriarty?

Channeling some Oddball just now... the answer to the OP is identity enhancement. People believe in "their right" and convince themselves that "their" is the "right." It's a sign of weakness; that many do it is a "safety in numbers" consideration.

I know all about my right - the right to love Gwyneth Paltrow - try to disabuse me of my right, you'll see there's no weakness involved. Big Grin

Same with Temple of Set; same with some members of the faithful who align with this atheist and the contention of Job 38 - that knowledge of god is a point-object truth local to points - individuals - and not religious fundamentalism.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
11-12-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm slightly worried that I think I understood that in its entirety Tongue Well made points Cantor Smile Or point object truths Gwyniies my Gwnieeeeeeees Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-12-2011, 11:47 AM
(09-12-2011 02:29 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/e23d1c2...-strong-ad

That was awesome. Had to bookmark that site. Wink

11-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Argh I can't even spell Gwynies right...
11-12-2011, 11:51 AM
(11-12-2011 11:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  Argh I can't even spell Gwynies right...

People have all kinds of problems with her name. Her middle name's much more betterer - Kate. Big Grin

11-12-2011, 11:54 AM
(11-12-2011 11:51 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  People have all kinds of problems with her name. Her middle name's much more betterer - Kate. Big Grin

Awkward...

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
11-12-2011, 12:03 PM
(11-12-2011 11:54 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(11-12-2011 11:51 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  People have all kinds of problems with her name. Her middle name's much more betterer - Kate. Big Grin

Awkward...

What's awkward about it, Preacher? Angry

Rawl, says the tiger... Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post