Question of Theory of Evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2015, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2015 04:28 PM by The Organic Chemist.)
RE: Question of Theory of Evolution
(30-11-2015 09:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 12:05 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  While it is true that the Ursay experiment results in a mixture, as more and more acids accumulate and form more complex proteins, it is not unreasonable that some aggregations of proteins could catalize the production while complexed with transition metals dissolved in the water. If one enantiomer is favored (lets say L) in the slightest, it will form a slight excess of one enantiomer (L), which can then go on to form other proteins with a slightly enriched L. Some of thest can form the complex that can catalize the formation of the acid again, but with slightly better selectivity. Over millions of cycles thos can repeat where slowly one hand is favored heavily. Also keep in mind that as the favortism of L increases, the amount of D decreases, thereby slowing the formation of complexes capable of forming D because the complex that favors D has less material to begin with. Asymmetric synthesis FTW.

Do you mean the Urey-Miller experiment? Consider

Yeah, I have no idea why I typed that.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2015, 04:07 PM
(01-12-2015 03:52 PM)Iñigo Wrote:  Talk origins also has a nice section which discuses provabilities of getting a specific sequence of amino acids which is more complex since you have 20 variables (20 amino acids) per residue as opposed to 2 variables (D or L amino acids). The gist of it is that if you are randomly making one protein at a time until you get the all D or all L protein, yes it is going to take a long time to make the all D or all L, but if you start making 10^50 proteins at the same time you are going to get there a lot faster. Clearly in a pre-biotic world, there was nothing restricting the synthesis of proteins to the one a time scenario.

I love it when you talk dirty. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
04-12-2015, 07:33 PM
One of the problems I see a lot with the creoversion of evolution is that they consider ONE molecule, or ONE animal. In the primordial soup, there was a LOT of chemicals sloshing around. Any combination that could combine, would combine, many, many times. Figure it as the biggest array processor that the world has probably ever seen. Things jostle around; some come together in ways that replicate more readily, perhaps. In the end, all those things that don't work fall apart, and life begins and slowly evolves...in LOTS of "animals", beginning with the smallest biota. That serial thinking is where most get thrown.

I blame levo molecules on the Coriolis Force, though. Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post