Question to Jesus Freaks??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2012, 04:56 AM
Question to Jesus Freaks??
I was watching phony fraud jesus get his ass beat in Passion Of the Christ. Why does Jesus feel pain in his beatings, if he is supernatural. If you can walk on water, cure blind people ,and turn a couple of fish into a feast, why would you feel a whip. Here is the link. BTW, It's alot of fun watching jesus get his ass beat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE9FeX6xc...re=related
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes satan69's post
15-02-2012, 06:13 AM
RE: Question to Jesus Freaks??
The theistic explanation would be that when Jesus was born, he would have taken up a human form and thus is able to experience emotions and pain like humans, even though he can perform miracles.

From what I see, the concept of "Jesus suffering for you and dying for your sins" aim to stir the feeling of guilt in people. Imagine if someone died selflessly for you, even though you do not know him. It's natural to attempt to return the favour, we are altruistic beings after all. For the theists, the attempt to return the favour would be methods like accepting Jesus as their saviour, being a good person, spread the Word, and shower praise on Jesus.

It's fine actually, if such acts aim to spread peace and goodwill. Remove the indoctrination, remove the fear, and promote more of the love and care, that would be nice Smile

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
15-02-2012, 07:27 AM
I think that was a Mel Gibson film and he is a total nutter. He is a racist and I wish they would put him on a cross for real.
15-02-2012, 08:28 AM

(15-02-2012 07:27 AM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  I think that was a Mel Gibson film and he is a total nutter. He is a racist and I wish they would put him on a cross for real.

Someone thats gods son, yet god (trinity speak) and can raise the dead, cast out demons...blah blah blah...can certianly FAKE the pain with facial experessions and do the magic Pain Off switch in his head.

Here's the bigger question, if he really felt pain...could he have gone 'Sarah Palin' Rogue and simply said "Fuck this, i'm out"??

If he was here to feel our pain, could 1/3 of god rebel against the other 2/3rds?

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
15-02-2012, 09:12 AM
(15-02-2012 08:28 AM)Denicio Wrote:  
(15-02-2012 07:27 AM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  I think that was a Mel Gibson film and he is a total nutter. He is a racist and I wish they would put him on a cross for real.

Someone thats gods son, yet god (trinity speak) and can raise the dead, cast out demons...blah blah blah...can certianly FAKE the pain with facial experessions and do the magic Pain Off switch in his head.

Here's the bigger question, if he really felt pain...could he have gone 'Sarah Palin' Rogue and simply said "Fuck this, i'm out"??

If he was here to feel our pain, could 1/3 of god rebel against the other 2/3rds?

D

According to KC's theology, Jesus had no choice in the matter. It was all pre-ordained, so as much as he probably wanted to, God didn't give him the desire to go Rogue so he was stuck.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
15-02-2012, 01:00 PM
But how do you turn off your supernatural abilities during the beating. I could see if jesus had a girlfriend, and he wanted to have sex like a regular human, so he decides to expose himself to red Kyrptonian sunlight. By doing that, he would lose his supernatural powers and then could feel the pain of the beatings like a real human. Unfortunately, I did not see this transformation before the beatings. Hence, I am not sold on this story.Maybe Kingschosen can give his expert opinion.
[+] 1 user Likes satan69's post
15-02-2012, 01:15 PM
(15-02-2012 06:13 AM)robotworld Wrote:  The theistic explanation would be that when Jesus was born, he would have taken up a human form and thus is able to experience emotions and pain like humans, even though he can perform miracles.

This. When the Son took human form, He relinquished His omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence. His power was given to Him only through the Father.

Throughout scripture it says that Jesus experienced pain; both physical and emotional.

Moreover, He did NOT want to die; however, He was accepting of the Father's will.

Luke 22:41-43
41 And He withdrew from them about a stone’s throw, and He knelt down and began to pray, 42 saying, “Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done.” 43 Now an angel from heaven appeared to Him, strengthening Him. 44 And being in agony He was praying very fervently; and His sweat became like drops of blood, falling down upon the ground.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
15-02-2012, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2012 02:01 PM by satan69.)
if he took human form, but could still perform miracles, couldn't he just perform a miracle and make himself not feel pain. also, what took god so freaking long to send jesus down to earth. why wait 4.5 billion years. what were jesus and god talking about all that time. GOD-"hey jesus, i know we have been up here for billions of years, but i think i am going to send you down to earth to get your ass beat. JESUS- "okay, i will go, but can you wait 2000 more years so they can tape it for all future generations to see. i dont want to get my ass kicked and then have people doubt my human life years later, because there is no visual proof" GOD- " No, I dont want to wait. Your going now"

Kingschosen, i always make fun of jesus and call him a fraud and a phony. do you think he will let that slide when i die. if not, how much torture do you think i will go through.
[+] 2 users Like satan69's post
15-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Say what you want about the little guy, but Jesus was THE biggest party pooper ever!
Turns water into wine on the spot ONE time and doesn't show anyone else how to do it.
Just another reason to think that your phantom god is a cruel sadistic bastard.
Was the wine at the last supper foofed into existence or done the "hard" way.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TalladegaTom's post
15-02-2012, 07:45 PM
(15-02-2012 04:56 AM)satan69 Wrote:  I was watching phony fraud jesus get his ass beat in Passion Of the Christ. Why does Jesus feel pain in his beatings, if he is supernatural. If you can walk on water, cure blind people ,and turn a couple of fish into a feast, why would you feel a whip. Here is the link. BTW, It's alot of fun watching jesus get his ass beat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE9FeX6xc...re=related

The Jewish Talmud, compiled between 70 and 200 AD:
"On the eve of the Passover Yeshu was hanged. For forty days before the execution took place, a herald went forth and cried, 'He is going forth to be stoned because he has practiced sorcery and enticed Israel to apostasy. Anyone who can say anything in his favor, let him come forward and plead on his behalf.' But since nothing was brought forward in his favor he was hanged on the eve of the Passover."

So, Jesus spends 40 days in jail waiting for someone to speak on his behalf and no one does. Where were the 12 apostles? Oops, I mean the 12 zodiac signs.
He was NOT executed for claiming to be the son of god, but for practicing sorcery that he learned in Egypt and trying to raise a rebellion against the Romans.
He was then hung, not crucified.
The only thing they got right was that he has executed on the eve of Passover.
300 years of verbal story telling would account for the evolved story.
Either a 1st century Talmud is wrong, or a 4th century Roman bible is wrong.
This is the story of a lunatic preacher, not a massiah.
...and the christians still believe.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post