Question to Jesus Freaks??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2012, 06:04 PM
RE: Question to Jesus Freaks??
(17-02-2012 01:16 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  
(16-02-2012 08:00 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  
(16-02-2012 07:42 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  I watched Passion of Christ when I was six...*shudder*
So...much...blood... traumatized...
Your parents should be hung on a cross.

Dude I was watching horror and action movies since I was five. I really didn't know what was going on at the time. It's only when I remember it. Mel Gibson was one twisted guy.

Sarcasm most is lost on find you will young jedi. Hell it probably just contributed that much more to your already innate precociousness. May the farce be with you, tazmin.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-02-2012, 03:56 AM
RE: Question to Jesus Freaks??
(15-02-2012 01:15 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(15-02-2012 06:13 AM)robotworld Wrote:  The theistic explanation would be that when Jesus was born, he would have taken up a human form and thus is able to experience emotions and pain like humans, even though he can perform miracles.

This. When the Son took human form, He relinquished His omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence. His power was given to Him only through the Father.

Throughout scripture it says that Jesus experienced pain; both physical and emotional.

Moreover, He did NOT want to die; however, He was accepting of the Father's will.

Luke 22:41-43
41 And He withdrew from them about a stone’s throw, and He knelt down and began to pray, 42 saying, “Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done.” 43 Now an angel from heaven appeared to Him, strengthening Him. 44 And being in agony He was praying very fervently; and His sweat became like drops of blood, falling down upon the ground.

If he was going to such a grander place, why did he not want to die? That doesn't make sense at all. When you ask xtians the same question they look dumbfounded for a min and tell you suicide is a sin...lol.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply