Questioning Abrahamic Morality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2015, 01:10 PM
Questioning Abrahamic Morality
Been thinking about this and whenever I get around to writing...books or whatever, I might use this as a template for some chapters.

First Point:
It is quite bewildering to my mind in the way anyone whom follows one of the Abraham religions; the religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam, that they would lack the ability to truly assess from a third person perspective on their own religious laws, code of conduct, and most of all the moral system of not only what is commanded of them to live by, but of the absolute authority in which they assert to be true.

Take for example the Infinite punishment and reward system. This is perhaps the most morbidly obese and monstrous example of poor moral and critical thinking and ethics I know of. First of all, we have a deity who according to the Christians, puts us here to "discover things" which is an absolute lie when you read the first parts of Genesis and find out that any of today's Christians explaination for why we are here is a lie based on their own subjective opinions. We are here, according to the bible, only because Adam and Eve whom had no possibility of knowing right from wrong, made a wrong choice that doomed countless to an infinite torture. We have a being who created a place to torture people infinitely for a finite crime. A crime in which almost everyone undoubtedly cannot have any knowledge of and this being refuses to give them the knowledge.

I don't want to press too far into this on a forum post as I feel it could write at least its own 3-4 chapters in a book. So I will leave out everything pertaining to the evidence of god and all the other arguments and points needed to assist with this and just concentrate on the punishment and reward system without sidetracking.

Now, what we have here is a finite time on our planet. Hitler was a Christian whom later began to resent his religion, but he was still a Catholic. The Catholic church supported the nazi's and so did the pope at that time who's name I do not remember right now. Today, there is very few jew's in the world whom have a hatred of Hitler, but more rather a hatred of the Ideals he did and the past crimes committed against those old enough to still remember what happened to them.

There is an old saying that goes like, time heals all wounds. This is both true for physical and emotional wounds. We read about Hitler and don't like what he did, but it would be quite queer to outright hate him. After all, he is dead right now. Human beings have an amazing capacity to forgive each other over enough time. Only the ignorant and mentally defective are incapable of never letting go of something over the course of an entire lifetime. Yet, here we have someone whom regardless of how massive of the pain he caused, is going to burn and scream, and chock and cry forever and ever until the end of time. Now for some of the morally obese, I would like to ask, do YOU actually think that YOU would care whether or not Hitler hurt people in let's say, four hundred thousand years into your afterlife?

I REALLY want you to think about that and not just shut your mind off and already keep the decision you most likely have already made and made up your mind about already refusing to change it, because I know many of you already have done that. But, actually THINK for a moment about what four hundred thousand years of existing might be like. Compare it to the time you have already experienced on this planet and then ask yourself...do you REALLY think it to be fair that someone who's crimes spanned only a few decades should still be deserving of torture? Now think about this, what would happen if the united states, England, or whatever country you come from that you are reading this text in, decided that endless torture until that person is dead is the punishment for ALL crimes in your country regardless of what they are?

If a police officer catches you speeding in a car, driving 5-10 miles or kilometers over the speed limit, than your punishment for this minor finite crime will be that you will be tortured endlessly until you die. Would you support that? Would you support the idea that if YOU the one who actually DOES support it, if YOU were to accidentally commit a minor infraction that YOU TOO would be subject to the very same crimes? Do you think that kind of law system would fly in any country in the world? Fuck no it would not! You would stand up for your people and your family to protect them against something so monstrous and cruel. So why would you allow a some being you call god to do the same thing? Why call a monstrous thing like that god at all?

Don't you think its more possible that these laws were not created by some ultimate loving being but by a pack of barbaric, ignorant savages who wanted to use fear to control people?

Than we get to the infinite rewards, The only incentive we are given to "be good" is that we will be rewarded. We are not expected to be good to each other because it simply "just is", but we are forced into two decisions, act, think, and do what we are told and give the church our money or be infinitely punished forever and ever. This does not sound like a very "moral" system to me. Certainly not a system I would had created If I was a supreme being.

Other Points:

Not to mention there is the story of Job, Abraham, Elisha and so many others.

I believe that some Christian parents have actually told Seth Yes when he asked them the question that if they truly believed that if their "god" told them to murder their own child to prove that they actually believed in him, they would do it.

How is it possible that one could think that it is morally just for their deity to send bears to mass murder dozens of children for being normal children and calling a prophet "baldy"? Then undoubtedly these children as STILL burning in hell and will always continue to do so forever and ever until beyond the end of time and infinitely still because they had the AUDACITY to call a man......Baldy! All because he was indeed bald.

How is it that Christians never read their bible? How is it that they cannot possibly see that the only time Satan is ever even mentioned in their book doing anything wrong, he does so with God's permission? This is the story of Job and Satan is not even really the one who did all that stuff to Job, God did. He murdered his family, destroyed his home and his land and friends and everything, all because the devil made him do it by making a bet.

Would it be acceptable for me to go to President Obama, say, HEY OBAMA! I bet you that if you were to send our military out on our own land and mass murder people in the name of a god of your choosing aside from Jesus, that everyone would convert to Atheism and away from Christianity while Obama countering me with "heck no! I will do this and you will see that they will stick with their faith"! Would it be acceptable and moral if Obama actually took my offer and the end result being that no one lost their faith? Why do Christians think its OK for god to murder people, destroy land and use bio weapons and not President Obama? If he did to the American people what God did to Job all to prove that the American Christians would remain Christians after being attacked and having everything taken away from them, would Obama be looked at as a holy and just person that performed a moral act?

FUCK NO! He would be assassinated well before he got too far and there really REALLY would not be very many people in our own military that would just blindly follow those kinds of orders. In fact nearly no one would.

These are just some of the values that many Christians have written in their book that they than assert as the absolute source of morality and than look down at us atheists as well as every religion that is not their own particular band of jesus juice and claim that all the rest of us are the immoral ones.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2015, 02:00 PM
RE: Questioning Abrahamic Morality
One thing I've noticed - that I find kind of amusing... As you correctly noted - the "big three" are all associated with Abraham.....However - I've had fundy christians insist "It's not the same Abraham as those false religions....."

Wow....

OK....

go figure..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
07-05-2015, 02:52 PM
RE: Questioning Abrahamic Morality
(07-05-2015 02:00 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  One thing I've noticed - that I find kind of amusing... As you correctly noted - the "big three" are all associated with Abraham.....However - I've had fundy christians insist "It's not the same Abraham as those false religions....."

Wow....

OK....

go figure..

That's what we call the no true scottsman fallacy.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ