Questioning The Intangible Versus Questioning the Tangible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2017, 11:40 PM
RE: Questioning The Intangible Versus Questioning the Tangible
(12-01-2017 11:18 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 11:07 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Jason, gent working towards becoming a Military Chaplin, is a good chap and I've had several friendly exchanges with him. Stand up guy him. Thumbsup

Honestly, as long as they don't try and maintain their belief through lying or more generic dishonesty I'm fine with them, even if I think their religious views are not fine.

Isn't Shai Hulud also a Catholic? He's pretty stand up, plus being a fan of DUNE is always a plus.
I believe you are right, and I second that sentiment. I like him as well.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2017, 11:47 PM
(12-01-2017 10:12 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 09:12 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  While it has not been true 100% of the time, the vast majority of the time when I sink my claws into someone and let rip it's exactly because of their previous conduct. Most of the time I don't really get going until it's clear a person is actively engaged in lying to me or others. I hate that shit.

I'll just say that I managed to get CW to conceded the point, very painfully and after a lot of back and forth, in his first thread. Since then I haven't paid much attention to him, he's just been boring. But if I found out he was parroting the exact same line of bullshit a second time, then hell yes, I'd rip him a new asshole; and he'll have deserved it.

It is impossible to convince a man who is lying to himself and takes his anger out on others.
12-01-2017, 11:50 PM
(12-01-2017 04:01 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You're using different words, but the spirit of my question remains the same. Who decides that someone is deluded, willfully ignorant and/or a liar? The people who are doing the mocking?

It seems that you think you should decide? Or maybe we should have a vote? What makes your opinion that someone shouldn't be mocked worth more than mine that they should?

*I* decide how I react to someone, not you, not anyone else.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
12-01-2017, 11:52 PM
(12-01-2017 11:50 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 04:01 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You're using different words, but the spirit of my question remains the same. Who decides that someone is deluded, willfully ignorant and/or a liar? The people who are doing the mocking?

It seems that you think you should decide? Or maybe we should have a vote? What makes your opinion that someone shouldn't be mocked worth more than mine that they should?

Yes morondog, it is you who decides how you act towards others, so why do you choose a manner that is so unbecoming?
[+] 1 user Likes Celestial_Wonder's post
13-01-2017, 12:03 AM
(12-01-2017 11:52 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 11:50 PM)morondog Wrote:  It seems that you think you should decide? Or maybe we should have a vote? What makes your opinion that someone shouldn't be mocked worth more than mine that they should?

Yes morondog, it is you who decides how you act towards others, so why do you choose a manner that is so unbecoming?

What you find unbecoming, others may not. He may feel you warrant his words.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
13-01-2017, 12:06 AM
(12-01-2017 11:52 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 11:50 PM)morondog Wrote:  It seems that you think you should decide? Or maybe we should have a vote? What makes your opinion that someone shouldn't be mocked worth more than mine that they should?

You are not entitled to anything from me. If you show yourself intelligent and honest and so forth then we'll get along. If not, fuck you. You fall in the latter category. You are not irredeemable - get your shit together and quit whining, I might even re-evaluate you, but moaning that you deserve to be treated better just makes you even more disgusting.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
13-01-2017, 12:23 AM
(13-01-2017 12:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 11:52 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Yes morondog, it is you who decides how you act towards others, so why do you choose a manner that is so unbecoming?

You are not entitled to anything from me. If you show yourself intelligent and honest and so forth then we'll get along. If not, fuck you. You fall in the latter category. You are not irredeemable - get your shit together and quit whining, I might even re-evaluate you, but moaning that you deserve to be treated better just makes you even more disgusting.

Let us hope Morondog that if we ever encounter higher life forms that they do not share your sentiments. How others treat me I am indifferent about, I act on the behalf of others including you.
13-01-2017, 12:26 AM
(13-01-2017 12:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 11:52 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Yes morondog, it is you who decides how you act towards others, so why do you choose a manner that is so unbecoming?

What you find unbecoming, others may not. He may feel you warrant his words.

No one is going to respond positively to a condescending remark. If you mock someone chances are they're going to lash back. Then any hope of a civil discussion will devolve into a madhouse.
[+] 1 user Likes Celestial_Wonder's post
13-01-2017, 12:27 AM
(12-01-2017 11:47 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 10:12 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'll just say that I managed to get CW to conceded the point, very painfully and after a lot of back and forth, in his first thread. Since then I haven't paid much attention to him, he's just been boring. But if I found out he was parroting the exact same line of bullshit a second time, then hell yes, I'd rip him a new asshole; and he'll have deserved it.

It is impossible to convince a man who is lying to himself and takes his anger out on others.

You had best not be insinuating that I am lying to myself and you are retracting your concession, or else you'll very soon find yourself as the owner of a brand new asshole.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-01-2017, 12:27 AM
Has the OP been explained yet?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.