Questioning The Intangible Versus Questioning the Tangible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2017, 10:51 PM
RE: Questioning The Intangible Versus Questioning the Tangible
(14-01-2017 03:23 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 02:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Cue the violin, the sad boy is trying to deflect his own staggering ineptitude with faux purpose.

Evolution, Whiskey replies to those things which are not worth replying to. He doesn't focus on any single point, preferring something that resembles a broad spectrum of topics when in reality all he is really doing is insulting the parts he doesn't like. How can one have a conversation with someone of such a vulgar predisposition? Its as if everything from him is some sort of white noise that lacks in coherency.

Aside from my attempt at vulgarity. The only thing that even remotely resembles something that could be disputed that I brought up was that Vosur was talking about, what Whiskey called irrelevant. He changed the argument into everything but.

If you observe his lengthy posts you can probably pick up on why I call a lot of his 'input' as white noise. This is not an isolated case Evolution.

Oh fuck off, your OP is white noise. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
14-01-2017, 10:53 PM
(14-01-2017 10:12 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 09:46 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  [Image: nrn8x.jpg]

Sticking with no content posts eh? Probably the smart thing to do, wouldn't want you hurting your head trying to think up a an actual point.Drinking Beverage

Well no content posts is pretty much all you've been posting on this forum for years apparently.

The irony is palpable. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
15-01-2017, 12:51 AM
(14-01-2017 05:13 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 05:07 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hello Celestial Wonder Smile

Hmm.. I for one quite often question, ridicule, make fun of and outright swear at pretty much every thing all sides of my government does and do. So... maybe you're over generalizing a bit?

Okay, so there's a deity that every one (And be extension every thing) answers to.

Do you have any thoughts, ideas, information etc to share about said deity?

Thumbsup

Got'a run. *waves*

Peebothuhul you may do all those things and that would be your error, for I suspect that if you do those things you fail to do one thing above all that you should do. Take your government seriously.

I have no thoughts about the deity in question, its just another part of the hierarchical structure that our society forms itself around.

I neither care about either, for I do not believe in either of them, nor do I answer to them.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
15-01-2017, 05:15 AM
(14-01-2017 04:58 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Well alright, its quite simple really, everyone has their own thing which they excel at.
Yeah, everybody is a special snowflake and participant tropies are the best thing since sliced bread. Can you hand me the joint please?
(14-01-2017 04:58 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  In less basic terms I am saying that atheists seem to be less inclined to question the government while theists are. ......While for atheists there is nothing higher than the government (at least for many of them) for which they answer to.
And you know this how? Seriously, apart form making this shit up wholesale, what do you base your thoughts on? Do you have any justification for pulling this out of your ass, other than just making that assertion? You dont know that atheism is (for many if not most in here at least) the result of a basic attitude of scepticism? Scepticism, which would make us sceptic towards government as well? No? Do you think we are gullible fools? Does being sceptic and rejecting silly magic claims support that idea of yours (that we arent questioning enough)? Does the fact that we constantly apply scepticism to your baseless assertions suggest that we are gullible? Facepalm Do those..what...almost 20 pages of scepticism suggest that?

For atheists there is nothing higher than government? At least for many of them? Name a few, a few you know or a few historic ones or even living celebrities if you want. How do you come to this conclusion (no baseless assertion please but a coherent thought, non-sequiturs arent coherent thoughts btw.), and how do those atheists you can name come to this conclusion? Drinking Beverage

Quote:Trump or Obama are only the pinhead of the vast network you call a government. Questioning that is like questioning the pope's (or a priest or a bishop whatever) actions when you should be questioning religion in its entirety.
Are you an anarchist? Are you implying we dont have a grasp of state theory or at least how the current reality fares compared to those theories? Of all people, you, want to lecture us about a reality check?
Do you think Szuchow, who can recommend you a dozen books on every possible topic concerning the history of communist dictatorships or the Nazi regime, has no clue about state theory, or how states in reality compare to the theory? Do you think Banjo, who has read greek and roman philosophers, has no clue about state theory and thinks he "has to answer" to government? I have read Sallust, Seneca, Cicero, and Ceasar (de bello gallico). Are you trying to question (and insult!) my intellect by asserting i may part of your conjectured term "atheists"? Do you even know how to spell those names? Do you have to ask google when i am giving you the names Montesquieu, Hobbes and Locke? Do you? Consider
I have not only read but translated passages of those (Catullus as well, but that was a poet and irrelevant to this topic). What is your qualification to lecture us about political systems and organisation of a state in general and to tell us to question our beliefs regarding them?

Are you going to continue to insult and question our intellect and then start whining again when we protest and tell you that you are full of shit, like i just did? Because.....well you are full of shit, at least concerning atheistm and its stance on governement and state theory, its not an insult, its a fact, you demonstrated it. You dont even understand (until now) that atheism isnt the basic attitude you have to adress but scepticism. Yet, its obvious you dont. Asking us to quesion or scepticism would be like asking us to be gullible and buy your unfounded BS, which would be a pretty silly move, even for you.

To quote Dennet:
Quote:There is no polite way to suggest to someone that they have devoted their life to a folly
Your folly is being a conspiracy theorist, you already admitted to it, who cant and wont bring forth the supporting evidence and rather complains about being treated with rudeness when being told about his folly. You think buying silly government conspiracies equals being sceptic towards government and therefore are changing one gullibility for another, but you dont see that scepticism needs to be applied to everything including your favourite "theory".

Instead of annoying us with your repeated suggestion to question our picture of the world we live in, how abou you:
#1 get an proper understanding what our views actually are (scepticism/atheism =!= authoritarianism)
and while doing that
#2 start questioning your own views for a change

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 7 users Like Deesse23's post
15-01-2017, 05:22 AM
(15-01-2017 05:15 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  #2 start questioning your own views for a change

Deflection and projection are easy. Introspection? That takes work.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-01-2017, 05:34 AM
Groupthink is a sponsored illusion. We're all individuals here. When I have ventured into the fringe and spoke of alignment with the poster, my input was subsequently ignored; my experience is that you're all a bunch of fucking trolls. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-01-2017, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2017 05:43 AM by Celestial_Wonder.)
(15-01-2017 05:15 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 04:58 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Well alright, its quite simple really, everyone has their own thing which they excel at.
Yeah, everybody is a special snowflake and participant tropies are the best thing since sliced bread. Can you hand me the joint please?
(14-01-2017 04:58 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  In less basic terms I am saying that atheists seem to be less inclined to question the government while theists are. ......While for atheists there is nothing higher than the government (at least for many of them) for which they answer to.
And you know this how? Seriously, apart form making this shit up wholesale, what do you base your thoughts on? Do you have any justification for pulling this out of your ass, other than just making that assertion? You dont know that atheism is (for many if not most in here at least) the result of a basic attitude of scepticism? Scepticism, which would make us sceptic towards government as well? No? Do you think we are gullible fools? Does being sceptic and rejecting silly magic claims support that idea of yours (that we arent questioning enough)? Does the fact that we constantly apply scepticism to your baseless assertions suggest that we are gullible? Facepalm Do those..what...almost 20 pages of scepticism suggest that?

For atheists there is nothing higher than government? At least for many of them? Name a few, a few you know or a few historic ones or even living celebrities if you want. How do you come to this conclusion (no baseless assertion please but a coherent thought, non-sequiturs arent coherent thoughts btw.), and how do those atheists you can name come to this conclusion? Drinking Beverage

Quote:Trump or Obama are only the pinhead of the vast network you call a government. Questioning that is like questioning the pope's (or a priest or a bishop whatever) actions when you should be questioning religion in its entirety.
Are you an anarchist? Are you implying we dont have a grasp of state theory or at least how the current reality fares compared to those theories? Of all people, you, want to lecture us about a reality check?
Do you think Szuchow, who can recommend you a dozen books on every possible topic concerning the history of communist dictatorships or the Nazi regime, has no clue about state theory, or how states in reality compare to the theory? Do you think Banjo, who has read greek and roman philosophers, has no clue about state theory and thinks he "has to answer" to government? I have read Sallust, Seneca, Cicero, and Ceasar (de bello gallico). Are you trying to question (and insult!) my intellect by asserting i may part of your conjectured term "atheists"? Do you even know how to spell those names? Do you have to ask google when i am giving you the names Montesquieu, Hobbes and Locke? Do you? Consider
I have not only read but translated passages of those (Catullus as well, but that was a poet and irrelevant to this topic). What is your qualification to lecture us about political systems and organisation of a state in general and to tell us to question our beliefs regarding them?

Are you going to continue to insult and question our intellect and then start whining again when we protest and tell you that you are full of shit, like i just did? Because.....well you are full of shit, at least concerning atheistm and its stance on governement and state theory, its not an insult, its a fact, you demonstrated it. You dont even understand (until now) that atheism isnt the basic attitude you have to adress but scepticism. Yet, its obvious you dont. Asking us to quesion or scepticism would be like asking us to be gullible and buy your unfounded BS, which would be a pretty silly move, even for you.

To quote Dennet:
Quote:There is no polite way to suggest to someone that they have devoted their life to a folly
Your folly is being a conspiracy theorist, you already admitted to it, who cant and wont bring forth the supporting evidence and rather complains about being treated with rudeness when being told about his folly. You think buying silly government conspiracies equals being sceptic towards government and therefore are changing one gullibility for another, but you dont see that scepticism needs to be applied to everything including your favourite "theory".

Instead of annoying us with your repeated suggestion to question our picture of the world we live in, how abou you:
#1 get an proper understanding what our views actually are (scepticism/atheism =!= authoritarianism)
and while doing that
#2 start questioning your own views for a change

You have judged me so entirely based on me being a conspiracy theorist? Why not just call me a nigger while you're at it? Both are used as insulting terms to denote people who are intellectually less superior according to those doing the accosting.

You are prejudice sir, maybe not against race, but of a system of beliefs. That sir, is your fault and I can not cure you of something that you must cure yourself of.

Quote:Do you think we are gullible fools?

We are all susceptible to gullibility.
15-01-2017, 05:39 AM
(14-01-2017 10:12 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 09:46 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  [Image: nrn8x.jpg]

Sticking with no content posts eh? Probably the smart thing to do, wouldn't want you hurting your head trying to think up a an actual point.Drinking Beverage

Well no content posts is pretty much all you've been posting on this forum for years apparently.

Lol seriously? "I know you are but what am I?"

All anyone has to do is read our debate on Catholics and see just how much content and arguments you ignore to see how lazy a lie that is. You are swear I hope that just ignoring a person's points at every turn doesn't mean they don't exist?

Again I'm not bothered by how dishonest you are, but how lazy and transparent you go about it.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
15-01-2017, 05:51 AM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2017 05:54 AM by Celestial_Wonder.)
(15-01-2017 05:39 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 10:12 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Well no content posts is pretty much all you've been posting on this forum for years apparently.

Lol seriously? "I know you are but what am I?"

All anyone has to do is read our debate on Catholics and see just how much content and arguments you ignore to see how lazy a lie that is. You are swear I hope that just ignoring a person's points at every turn doesn't mean they don't exist?

Again I'm not bothered by how dishonest you are, but how lazy and transparent you go about it.

Whiskey, you are way to predictable. Just give it up.
15-01-2017, 06:31 AM
(15-01-2017 05:34 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Groupthink is a sponsored illusion. We're all individuals here. When I have ventured into the fringe and spoke of alignment with the poster, my input was subsequently ignored; my experience is that you're all a bunch of fucking trolls. Tongue

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post