Questioning The Intangible Versus Questioning the Tangible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2017, 06:36 AM
RE: Questioning The Intangible Versus Questioning the Tangible
(14-01-2017 08:46 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 08:16 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Perhaps if you were to question the government, like you questioned god? Except there are some differences at least, unlike god, there are tangible and real world effects of governance.

Once again, you exhibit a total lack of understanding. Even a basic search, like the "View new posts" button, will reveal a variety of political and current events oriented threads.

Are you that lazy that you can't even do that?

That's one aspect of many theists that I find fascinating... the basic assumption that if we don't revere a god we must automatically substitute something else for it. Usually it is "we worship ourselves", sometimes evil, and sometimes government. It is a mindset that I never understood.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
15-01-2017, 06:41 AM
(15-01-2017 06:36 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 08:46 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Once again, you exhibit a total lack of understanding. Even a basic search, like the "View new posts" button, will reveal a variety of political and current events oriented threads.

Are you that lazy that you can't even do that?

That's one aspect of many theists that I find fascinating... the basic assumption that if we don't revere a god we must automatically substitute something else for it. Usually it is "we worship ourselves", sometimes evil, and sometimes government. It is a mindset that I never understood.

I guess they're so used to subjecting themselves to some "higher authority" that they can't comprehend that some people didn't need stern father figure making sure they will behave.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
15-01-2017, 07:11 AM
Sorry it's taken so long to get back. Been a busy day.

So, at first Celestial you posted this:

(14-01-2017 04:58 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Well alright, its quite simple really, everyone has their own thing which they excel at. That is what I'm saying in the most basic terms. In less basic terms I am saying that atheists seem to be less inclined to question the government while theists are. This might be because theists answer to something higher than the government IE God. While for atheists there is nothing higher than the government (at least for many of them) for which they answer to.

Where you start of with;

"Everyone has their own thing which they excel at. That is what I'm saying in the most basic terms."

Which is followed by the comment of;

"I am saying that atheists seem to be less inclined to question the government while theists are."

Now, those two comments,even though you tied/linked them together actually have nothing in common. When I posted and mentioned that you over generalization of atheists views on authority were... weird... and how I don't do such as bow to government authority, you latched onto my other disparaging remarks about my attitude towards such and replied with;

(14-01-2017 05:13 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Peebothuhul you may do all those things and that would be your error, for I suspect that if you do those things you fail to do one thing above all that you should do. Take your government seriously.

Consider

Now... being rude and skeptical of something doesn't follow on with not taking it seriously.

One can take a situation deadly seriously and yet still be able to both make a joke of it and express humor.

The very interesting thing about your replies is that they are, in effect, 'Non answers'.

Your replies simply flip concepts around and regurgitate wrote responses.

Consider

Is there a school that posters such as 'Heywood' etal go through?

I'm beginning to see some rather glaring similarities about such posting behavior.
[+] 8 users Like Peebothuhul's post
15-01-2017, 07:18 AM
(15-01-2017 05:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  You have judged me so entirely based on me being a conspiracy theorist?
Is "conspiracy theorist" a formal education (like "engineer"), a qualification, a belief (system), a job description, or a hobby? If not, what else is it? What is the definition of "conspiracy theorist"? That was a question, not an insult ("Nigger" or so).
I have asked you several questions before. Each one about how do you come to your conclusions (or where anyone else did) and about your qualification to lecture people here about governemnt. You havent adressed them so far, but have confirmed my suspicion and prediction of
Quote:...who cant and wont bring forth the supporting evidence and rather complains about being treated with rudeness when being told about his folly
So without any information from your side, and without you willingness to provide this, i have to conclude that you have none, nothing to base your conclusions on and no qualification to do so.

(15-01-2017 05:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Why not just call me a nigger while you're at it? Both are used as insulting terms to denote people who are intellectually less superior according to those doing the accosting.
Oh, asking you for data or coherent thoughts feels to you like calling you a Nigger? That explains a lot...about your character. Now, who brought up the term "Nigger", me or you? By the way, "Nigger" is not an intellectual insult but a racist one. Facepalm Calling you an idiot, that would be an intellectual based insult. Smartass

I have asked you about your qualifications, and all i get is "you might call me Nigger as well". Seriously dude? Your helplessness and dishonesty cant get any more transparent by now. I guess however you are going to prove me wrong, rather than adress the topics:
#1 your qualification
#2 do you think the atheists you are dealing with here are not sceptic (enough) to buy your theory of "while for atheists there is nothing higher than the government" without any furhter explanation/data?

(15-01-2017 05:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  You are prejudice sir, maybe not against race, but of a system of beliefs. That sir, is your fault and I can not cure you of something that you must cure yourself of.
Then why suggesting i should throw racial insults at you? I am not against your system of belief. You havent presented one yet! Or do you think being a "conspiracy theorist" is a kind of belief system? Laugh out load I am against you constantly evading and actually providing...nothing at all. So, yes, i am against your belief system if its the belief of "i can assert all i want, and when questioned and charged, i will provide absolutely nothing and pretend to be martyred and will slur my opponents by suggesting they should slur me".

You might as well leave your fake humilty and fake politeness out. It just makes you look more dishonest. Still dont care to adress the issues at hand? Havent found atheist quotes to support your "theory"? Cant put up names? Cant present a coherent not non-sequitur thought?
I am waiting. Drinking Beverage

Quote:Do you think we are gullible fools?
(15-01-2017 05:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  We are all susceptible to gullibility.
You couldnt answer even the most simple of my questions without evading. Rolleyes

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
15-01-2017, 07:33 AM
(14-01-2017 10:11 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 09:32 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  On a whim I checked the Politics section of the forums.

Seems like quite a bit of questioning going on.

Trump or Obama are only the pinhead of the vast network you call a government. Questioning that is like questioning the pope's (or a priest or a bishop whatever) actions when you should be questioning religion in its entirety.

So, not even enough integrity to admit when you're wrong?

For the record, there are more than 83,000 posts in Politics.

Looking at some of the other subs:
Gaming? 33,000+
Movies and TV? 15,000+
Food? 10,000+
Science? 33,000+
Casual Coffeehouse? 176,000+

I see a great deal of questioning, answering and discussion on a wide variety of topics.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
15-01-2017, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2017 08:02 AM by GirlyMan.)
I swear every time I read the high-schooler lecturing his elders on how to behave like a proper human I feel like:

Didn't we used to at least wait until we graduated high school before we started handing out life advice? Unless you're Banjo doing the Mowgli thing living in the outback in the belly of a python you got no street cred kid.

(14-01-2017 10:11 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Trump or Obama are only the pinhead of the vast network you call a government. Questioning that is like questioning the pope's (or a priest or a bishop whatever) actions when you should be questioning religion in its entirety.

Facepalm

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-01-2017, 08:15 AM
(15-01-2017 07:18 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 05:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  You have judged me so entirely based on me being a conspiracy theorist?
Is "conspiracy theorist" a formal education (like "engineer"), a qualification, a belief (system), a job description, or a hobby? If not, what else is it? What is the definition of "conspiracy theorist"? That was a question, not an insult ("Nigger" or so).
I have asked you several questions before. Each one about how do you come to your conclusions (or where anyone else did) and about your qualification to lecture people here about governemnt. You havent adressed them so far, but have confirmed my suspicion and prediction of
Quote:...who cant and wont bring forth the supporting evidence and rather complains about being treated with rudeness when being told about his folly
So without any information from your side, and without you willingness to provide this, i have to conclude that you have none, nothing to base your conclusions on and no qualification to do so.

(15-01-2017 05:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Why not just call me a nigger while you're at it? Both are used as insulting terms to denote people who are intellectually less superior according to those doing the accosting.
Oh, asking you for data or coherent thoughts feels to you like calling you a Nigger? That explains a lot...about your character. Now, who brought up the term "Nigger", me or you? By the way, "Nigger" is not an intellectual insult but a racist one. Facepalm Calling you an idiot, that would be an intellectual based insult. Smartass

I have asked you about your qualifications, and all i get is "you might call me Nigger as well". Seriously dude? Your helplessness and dishonesty cant get any more transparent by now. I guess however you are going to prove me wrong, rather than adress the topics:
#1 your qualification
#2 do you think the atheists you are dealing with here are not sceptic (enough) to buy your theory of "while for atheists there is nothing higher than the government" without any furhter explanation/data?

(15-01-2017 05:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  You are prejudice sir, maybe not against race, but of a system of beliefs. That sir, is your fault and I can not cure you of something that you must cure yourself of.
Then why suggesting i should throw racial insults at you? I am not against your system of belief. You havent presented one yet! Or do you think being a "conspiracy theorist" is a kind of belief system? Laugh out load I am against you constantly evading and actually providing...nothing at all. So, yes, i am against your belief system if its the belief of "i can assert all i want, and when questioned and charged, i will provide absolutely nothing and pretend to be martyred and will slur my opponents by suggesting they should slur me".

You might as well leave your fake humilty and fake politeness out. It just makes you look more dishonest. Still dont care to adress the issues at hand? Havent found atheist quotes to support your "theory"? Cant put up names? Cant present a coherent not non-sequitur thought?

Quote:Do you think we are gullible fools?
(15-01-2017 05:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  We are all susceptible to gullibility.
You couldnt answer even the most simple of my questions without evading. Rolleyes

Your obsessive need for qualifications reveals your subservience to a higher power than you.

You also could not see my answer, the answer was yes, it wasn't direct and it was meant inoffensively. But if you asked that if I thought you were gullible (we so myself included) and I said we are all susceptible to it. Then the answer would be yes.

I gave you an answer, it was you who failed to understand it.

Quote:So without any information from your side, and without you willingness to provide this, i have to conclude that you have none, nothing to base your conclusions on and no qualification to do so.

Why should I engage with someone who is already so openly hostile in their demeanor?

You've already made your decision Deesse, and your demeanor shows that you are not open for negotiation. Like WhiskeyDebates.

Unlike WhiskeyDebates you seemed to like me just fine until my political beliefs differed and perhaps challenged your own. Then it was absolute loathing of me.

(15-01-2017 07:33 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 10:11 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Trump or Obama are only the pinhead of the vast network you call a government. Questioning that is like questioning the pope's (or a priest or a bishop whatever) actions when you should be questioning religion in its entirety.

So, not even enough integrity to admit when you're wrong?

For the record, there are more than 83,000 posts in Politics.

Looking at some of the other subs:
Gaming? 33,000+
Movies and TV? 15,000+
Food? 10,000+
Science? 33,000+
Casual Coffeehouse? 176,000+

I see a great deal of questioning, answering and discussion on a wide variety of topics.

Discussing the government, questioning the government, the error might be mine. No.

I want you to investigate your government, as though it were a criminal organization, a syndicate, a cartel, a mafia, a gang, particularly the CIA it is the easiest place to start.

(15-01-2017 07:11 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Sorry it's taken so long to get back. Been a busy day.

(14-01-2017 04:58 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Well alright, its quite simple really, everyone has their own thing which they excel at. That is what I'm saying in the most basic terms. In less basic terms I am saying that atheists seem to be less inclined to question the government while theists are. This might be because theists answer to something higher than the government IE God. While for atheists there is nothing higher than the government (at least for many of them) for which they answer to.

Where you start of with;

"Everyone has their own thing which they excel at. That is what I'm saying in the most basic terms."

"I am saying that atheists seem to be less inclined to question the government while theists are."

Now, those two comments,even though you tied/linked them together actually have nothing in common. When I posted and mentioned that you over generalization of atheists views on authority were... weird... and how I don't do such as bow to government authority, you latched onto my other disparaging remarks about my attitude towards such and replied with;

(14-01-2017 05:13 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Peebothuhul you may do all those things and that would be your error, for I suspect that if you do those things you fail to do one thing above all that you should do. Take your government seriously.

Consider

Now... being rude and skeptical of something doesn't follow on with not taking it seriously.

One can take a situation deadly seriously and yet still be able to both make a joke of it and express humor.

The very interesting thing about your replies is that they are, in effect, 'Non answers'.

Consider

I'm beginning to see some rather glaring similarities about such posting behavior.

Even you huh?

Conclusion.

I am wasting my time here.
15-01-2017, 08:26 AM
(15-01-2017 08:15 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 07:11 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Sorry it's taken so long to get back. Been a busy day.

Where you start of with;

Consider

Consider

Even you huh?

Um, I'm sorry.. you've lost me.
Even myself what? I admit to be finding your replies cryptic and a little obtuse.

Of course, that may be because our different countries put subtly different emphasis as to word usage which is another thing that maybe doesn't come across well over the internet.

I was simply pointing out that our conversation hasn't actually 'Gone any where'.

There seems to a distinct lack of understanding developing between out posts.

Perhaps being simpler in your sentence construction or word use with peoples such as my self? Please indicate how I might better word my responses towards yourself so that we can gain a better understanding of each others points?
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
15-01-2017, 09:34 AM
(15-01-2017 07:18 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Is "conspiracy theorist" a formal education (like "engineer"), a qualification, a belief (system), a job description, or a hobby? If not, what else is it? What is the definition of "conspiracy theorist"? That was a question, not an insult ("Nigger" or so).

#1 your qualification

Your obsessive need for qualifications reveals your subservience to a higher power than you.
In other words you have nothing. Ab-so-lutely-nothing. No argument no competence, nothing. Thank you. Thumbsup
You calling other people obsessive Laugh out load for projecting.

(15-01-2017 08:15 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  You also could not see my answer, the answer was yes...
So i missed the "yes" part in this answer when i asked if you think we, here are gullible??:
Quote:We are all susceptible to gullibility.

(15-01-2017 08:15 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I gave you an answer, it was you who failed to understand it.
No, you actually tried to give a non-answer so you can dishonestly wiggle out, just like you just tried. Too bad, its too transparent.

Quote:So without any information from your side, and without you willingness to provide this, i have to conclude that you have none, nothing to base your conclusions on and no qualification to do so.

Why should I engage with someone who is already so openly hostile in their demeanor?
Ah, ok. Asking questions is hostile demeanor and like calling you a Nigger, right? So, you still have no answers to my questions? Or maybe reasons to think "While for atheists there is nothing higher than the government (at least for many of them) for which they answer to."? No definition of what a conspiracy theorist is? No answer to what qualification a "conspiracy theorist" needs? Not even a slight correction to your wrong understanding of what atheism is? No response to the relation of atheism and scepticism? Nothing factual, nothing regarding the topics(s)? Nothing to follow up "Nigger"? Just more mud to throw?
Got it! Thumbsup

(15-01-2017 08:15 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  You've already made your decision Deesse, and your demeanor shows that you are not open for negotiation. Like WhiskeyDebates.
Thank you for telling me what i think. But....wow, still nothing that adresses anyting i brought up? Too bad. Weeping

(15-01-2017 08:15 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Unlike WhiskeyDebates you seemed to like me just fine until my political beliefs differed and perhaps challenged your own. Then it was absolute loathing of me.
You havent stated any beliefs, yet! With which of those you did not state should i have disagreed? Challenged mine? What are my beliefs?
Tell me:
#1 What are your beliefs that differ from mine?
#2 What are my beliefs that were "challenged" by you?

I bet paycheck your reply will not refer to any of those, but will be just another weak attempt to derail the conversation, because you have nothing to offer. All you are engaged in now is to cover your retreat.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
15-01-2017, 09:40 AM

Provide evidence for that. You have none.

Atheists are skeptics. They would be more likely to question everything, including politicians.
Theists, (the sheeple in the pews) would be more likely to buy the party line ... witness the German nation ... Christians who went along with National Socialism. Tongue

You have not one shred of evidence that theists actually *act* any different than anyone else.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.