Questioning The Intangible Versus Questioning the Tangible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2017, 09:52 AM
RE: Questioning The Intangible Versus Questioning the Tangible
@Whiskey and Vosur,

I just started reading this thread last night, and I had a comment to make on the subject of how theists are treated here. Except for one or two assholes, I've been treated very well here. My religious views may not be shared and are often debated, but I haven't felt ridiculed for thinking differently. I feel I'm treated with respect, and I've made good friends here. I like it here.

There seems to be a formula to success, and whether they’re atheists or theists, those who follow the formula are well received. When you walk into any new social setting, be it in real life or online, you are new, and you'd do well to remember that. There are certain protocols to follow and when people don’t have the skills to make new friends, others pick up on it right away. In any circle of friends, there is hierarchy and a placement where each person fits. You start at the bottom and earn status, respect and trust over time. Be humble and receptive to people and ease yourself into the group. Also, know thy audience. If you’re new, do more listening than talking and get a feel for the room before you jump in head first. Do not try to establish yourself as an authority. If you really do know your shit, let that come out naturally and let the others decide for themselves whether or not you’re trustworthy. Be polite and treat others as equals. Assume the default position that potential friends do not need you to come and save them or fix them. Finally, allow those people to establish themselves with you so they know that you’re reacting to them and not to a stereotype.

Just my two cents.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Aliza's post
15-01-2017, 09:58 AM
(15-01-2017 08:15 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I am wasting my time here.

Why exactly are you here? What's your goal?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
15-01-2017, 12:08 PM
(15-01-2017 08:15 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Discussing the government, questioning the government, the error might be mine. No.

Eh, pretty sure it's you.

(15-01-2017 08:15 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I want you to investigate your government, as though it were a criminal organization, a syndicate, a cartel, a mafia, a gang, particularly the CIA it is the easiest place to start.

First, I don't give a rats fucking ass what you want me to do.

Second, you assume that I haven't already done so. I am very familiar with some of the US governments "exploits". I seem to remember discussing some of them on the forums.

Thirdly, if you look at my sig line, you'll notice a quote from Noam Chomsky.
Are you familiar with the good Professor? Familiar with his reputation for criticism of the US government dating back to Vietnam? Have you heard or read his take on US Foreign policy, especially in regards to South America and Third World countries?

Wasting your time here?

You're whining about conspiracy theories, masturbating over illuminati chemtrails and sasquatch abductions and other bullshit and you don't even mention the real shit that actually happened?

Operation Paperclip?
Operation Ajax?
Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos?
Henry Kissinger?
Iraq?

Normally I would link and reference my comments, but you can do your own fucking work for a change.

Maybe you'll find something to justify your arrogance.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
15-01-2017, 12:13 PM

You really are. Shouldn't you be out chasing girls or something?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-01-2017, 02:54 PM
(15-01-2017 12:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

You really are. Shouldn't you be out chasing girls or something?

Laugh out load That woe-is-me-I-am-so-picked-on attitude should really go down a treat with the ladies.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
15-01-2017, 03:29 PM
(15-01-2017 02:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 12:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You really are. Shouldn't you be out chasing girls or something?

Laugh out load That woe-is-me-I-am-so-picked-on attitude should really go down a treat with the ladies.

It's so hot. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
15-01-2017, 03:34 PM
(15-01-2017 03:29 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 02:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  Laugh out load That woe-is-me-I-am-so-picked-on attitude should really go down a treat with the ladies.

It's so hot. Heart

Woe is me! I am so picked on!!!

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-01-2017, 04:31 PM
(15-01-2017 03:34 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 03:29 PM)Aliza Wrote:  It's so hot. Heart

Woe is me! I am so picked on!!!

[Image: witness-protection-cat.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
15-01-2017, 08:46 PM
(15-01-2017 05:51 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 05:39 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Lol seriously? "I know you are but what am I?"

All anyone has to do is read our debate on Catholics and see just how much content and arguments you ignore to see how lazy a lie that is. You are swear I hope that just ignoring a person's points at every turn doesn't mean they don't exist?

Again I'm not bothered by how dishonest you are, but how lazy and transparent you go about it.

Whiskey, you are way to predictable. Just give it up.
Sorry, am I supposed to be impressed by your ability to predict that I will point out your dishonest and evasive bullshit when you type it? What gave it away genius? Was it my repeated declarations that I would keep doing exactly that when you lie that tipped you off? Drinking Beverage

Goddamn you are stupid son.

(15-01-2017 08:15 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  You've already made your decision Deesse, and your demeanor shows that you are not open for negotiation. Like WhiskeyDebates.
What the fuck does that even mean? Negotiations? I was interested in a debate, and kept repeatedly trying to get you to address arguments made, the fact you couldn't bring your balls or your brain to the debate is not my fault you silly cock.

(15-01-2017 08:15 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Unlike WhiskeyDebates you seemed to like me just fine until my political beliefs differed and perhaps challenged your own. Then it was absolute loathing of me.
Deesse23 made it abundantly clear, in my opinion, that it's less your beliefs (your stupid stupid beliefs) that are the issue and the fact you can't provide a single scrap of supporting evidence to justify that belief that's the issue. For me, since you keep bringing me up, I could care less about your political beliefs as I already consider you're fucking idiot before I found out you're a lolconspiracy loon so your views don't surprise me in the least. I dislike you because you're a dishonest cowardly piece of shit.

The only time you are wasting is everyone else's as your time doesn't have any value for it to be considered wasted. Sorry you can't find any gullible twats to spread your meme to. So sad.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
15-01-2017, 09:44 PM
@Vosur: Still happy that CW is being unjustifiably treated badly? After reading his recent responses? Like I said right at the beginning, he's as much of a dickhead as anyone, *as* willing to insult people - just doesn't use swearwords while doing so. Add to that he's a conceited fuck who thinks he knows something special, you can understand why people get irritated right?