Questioning The Intangible Versus Questioning the Tangible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2017, 04:54 AM
RE: Questioning The Intangible Versus Questioning the Tangible
At work.

Having not been able to keep abreast of thecthread CW's comments about authority and conspiracies are somewhat confusnling.....

Consider
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2017, 04:57 AM
(16-01-2017 04:54 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Having not been able to keep abreast of thecthread CW's comments about authority are somewhat confusnling.....

Consider

Basically Whiskey is a bitch when it comes to authority figures. A complete and utter docile bitch. Probably from all that fluoride.
16-01-2017, 04:57 AM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2017 07:45 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(16-01-2017 04:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Actually evolution I have very little confidence that this procedure will work. I don't think I've very good at insulting others with crass language, but you seem to be worse at it than I am.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Drinking Beverage

(16-01-2017 04:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Also telling a test subject that they're being observed is just as much of a test in and of itself. If the people are aware of their environment, will they act differently or the same?

So doubling down then? After all, why let someone calling out your obvious bullshit get in the way of a good pity party?

(16-01-2017 04:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  All data points towards them acting differently than if they were not being observed. Its human behavior of which I am also prone to. So yes I suppose I might be doing a bit of 'covering my own ass'. As I have stated before in this thread, your perception (and others) of me will directly effect your opinion of my argument/view. It is not that I care about what you think of me, but I do care that you are willing to be open towards my views. The difference I suppose is that I know my actions will effect how you and others will perceive me, perhaps that is one of my flaws as it does prevent a sense of being genuine. But it also allows me to be able to analyze my own behavior as well as others.

Facepalm

It's a motherfucking forum. We all share an equal degree of anonymity. We can assume that everything we post is plainly visible for all to see. So your bullshit tripe about your vapid social engineering experiment is utter bollocks, because by replying to our posts we already knew they were being registered. Clearly not understood, but we're long past the point of expecting you to fucking get anything. Any additional considerations, such as what other on the forum might think about our posts, didn't change with the revelation of your supposed experiment. Just how much smoke are you going to try to blow up everyone's ass?

(16-01-2017 04:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  For example, Whiskey and Morondog obviously don't care what I think about them and therefore aren't trying to prove anything to me. But since I am here to see if it is possible to prove something to all of you, and I understand the relationship between perception and giving someone credibility I try to maintain cordial relations.

Evidence helps. So does not being a whiny, passive-aggressive bellend.

Good luck with that.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-01-2017, 04:58 AM
(16-01-2017 04:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I have all the evidence need to prove to someone of all I believe in the realm of conspiracy. However I must first determine whether it is possible that anyone here will be even remotely likely to evaluate their current beliefs. There are some, so my next question is 'what of the others?'

The some that are open to the idea are very few. Limited to what I believe to be three people on this forum.

Oh for fuck's sake. If you have evidence that is not of the "muh feels" variety, then fucken *show it*. Of course if you assiduously look for idiots who'll accept whacky ideas without critical thought you'll find a few in *any* gathering of people. I have to say, being named as one of the lucky three would be more of a shame to me than any number of backhanded insults from you.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-01-2017, 04:59 AM
At work.

(16-01-2017 04:57 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(16-01-2017 04:54 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Having not been able to keep abreast of thecthread CW's comments about authority are somewhat confusnling.....

Consider

Basically Whiskey is a bitch when it comes to authority figures. A complete and utter docile bitch. Probably from all that fluoride.

Okay.

So your point is then....... ?

Consider
16-01-2017, 05:08 AM
(16-01-2017 04:57 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(16-01-2017 04:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Actually evolution I have very little confidence that this procedure will work. I don't think I've very good at insulting others with crass language, but you seem to be worse at it than I am.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Drinking Beverage

(16-01-2017 04:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Also telling a test subject that they're being observed is just as much of a test in and of itself. If the people are aware of their environment, will they act differently or the same?

So doubling down then? After all, why let someone calling out your obvious bullshit get in the way of a good pity party?

(16-01-2017 04:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  All data points towards them acting differently than if they were not being observed. Its human behavior of which I am also prone to. So yes I suppose I might be doing a bit of 'covering my own ass'. As I have stated before in this thread, your perception (and others) of me will directly effect your opinion of my argument/view. It is not that I care about what you think of me, but I do care that you are willing to be open towards my views. The difference I suppose is that I know my actions will effect how you and others will perceive me, perhaps that is one of my flaws as it does prevent a sense of being genuine. But it also allows me to be able to analyze my own behavior as well as others.

Facepalm

It's a motherfucking forum. We're share an equal degree of anonymity. We can assume that everything we post is plainly visible for all to see. So your bullshit tripe about your vapid social engineering experiment is utter bollocks, because by replying to our posts we already knew they were being registered. Clearly not understood, but we're long past the point of expecting you to fucking get anything. Any additional considerations, such as what other on the forum might think about our posts, didn't change with the revelation of your supposed experiment. Just how much smoke are you going to try to blow up everyone's ass?

(16-01-2017 04:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  For example, Whiskey and Morondog obviously don't care what I think about them and therefore aren't trying to prove anything to me. But since I am here to see if it is possible to prove something to all of you, and I understand the relationship between perception and giving someone credibility I try to maintain cordial relations.

Evidence helps. So does not being a whiny, passive-aggressive bellend.

Good luck with that.

And thank you for proving my point.

(16-01-2017 04:59 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

(16-01-2017 04:57 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Basically Whiskey is a bitch when it comes to authority figures. A complete and utter docile bitch. Probably from all that fluoride.

Okay.

Consider

There isn't one. Its part of the observation I'm conducting. Although I suppose that observation is pretty much concluded at this point.
16-01-2017, 06:06 AM
More golden thoughts from the master. A golden shower. He raises incompetence to an art form.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-01-2017, 06:10 AM
(16-01-2017 05:08 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(16-01-2017 04:59 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.
Okay.

Consider
There isn't one. Its part of the observation I'm conducting. Although I suppose that observation is pretty much concluded at this point.

So... your comments about authority and conspiracies and such..... ?

Consider
16-01-2017, 06:22 AM
(16-01-2017 04:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I have all the evidence need to prove to someone of all I believe in the realm of conspiracy.

Except that last I checked, you conflated a conspiracy with a conspiracy theory. The two terms are completely different.

(16-01-2017 04:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  However I must first determine whether it is possible that anyone here will be even remotely likely to evaluate their current beliefs. There are some, so my next question is 'what of the others?'

I'm fairly sure that most of the posters here would revise their beliefs if presented with sufficient evidence.

What would you do if evidence was presented that disproved your pet theory?

(16-01-2017 04:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  The some that are open to the idea are very few. Limited to what I believe to be three people on this forum.

theBorg, yourself and who I wonder...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
16-01-2017, 05:22 PM
(16-01-2017 06:22 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(16-01-2017 04:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I have all the evidence need to prove to someone of all I believe in the realm of conspiracy.

Except that last I checked, you conflated a conspiracy with a conspiracy theory. The two terms are completely different.

(16-01-2017 04:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  However I must first determine whether it is possible that anyone here will be even remotely likely to evaluate their current beliefs. There are some, so my next question is 'what of the others?'

I'm fairly sure that most of the posters here would revise their beliefs if presented with sufficient evidence.

What would you do if evidence was presented that disproved your pet theory?

(16-01-2017 04:35 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  The some that are open to the idea are very few. Limited to what I believe to be three people on this forum.

theBorg, yourself and who I wonder...

What you might call a conspiracy theory I call a conspiracy because I am convinced that it is not just a theory any longer but having already physically transpired in reality itself. Therefore to me some are not theories at all but a fact. This you have to understand.

The difference is in our opinions of the matter. Its just like many people feel evolution should not be considered a 'theory' any longer because of the insurmountable amount of proof regarding it.