Questioning The Intangible Versus Questioning the Tangible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2017, 10:37 AM
RE: Questioning The Intangible Versus Questioning the Tangible
Yup all 9/11 conspiracies have been pretty much thoroughly debunked and the only reason they continue to flourish is that they forfil a deep seated psychological need in their proponents, basically that the magnitude of any event need to be proportional to the cause, Stalin and Hitler are completely irrelevant being as there was plenty of evidence of their atrocities.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2017, 10:58 AM
(17-01-2017 10:37 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Yup all 9/11 conspiracies have been pretty much thoroughly debunked and the only reason they continue to flourish is that they forfil a deep seated psychological need in their proponents, basically that the magnitude of any event need to be proportional to the cause, Stalin and Hitler are completely irrelevant being as there was plenty of evidence of their atrocities.

Or is it a deep seated psychological need to believe that it couldn't possibly happen in this day and age?

In which we only need to look at Israel to see that it in fact can.
17-01-2017, 11:06 AM
(17-01-2017 10:58 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 10:37 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Yup all 9/11 conspiracies have been pretty much thoroughly debunked and the only reason they continue to flourish is that they forfil a deep seated psychological need in their proponents, basically that the magnitude of any event need to be proportional to the cause, Stalin and Hitler are completely irrelevant being as there was plenty of evidence of their atrocities.

Or is it a deep seated psychological need to believe that it couldn't possibly happen in this day and age?

Mmm tried to reverse that right back, nice try but no. The conspiracy theorists are wrong because the evidence suggests they are and for no other reason than that. Sometimes massive events have small causes with con- theos the desire to believe is stronger than the desire to know.
17-01-2017, 11:08 AM
(17-01-2017 11:06 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 10:58 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Or is it a deep seated psychological need to believe that it couldn't possibly happen in this day and age?

Mmm tried to reverse that right back, nice try but no. The conspiracy theorists are wrong because the evidence suggests they are and for no other reason than that. Sometimes massive events have small causes with con- theos the desire to believe is stronger than the desire to know.

And the people here call themselves men of science. You're just cherry picking like Christians do.
17-01-2017, 11:10 AM
Err no, that's what the conspiracy theorists do.
17-01-2017, 11:11 AM
At work.

Laugh out load Celestial_Wonder

No
17-01-2017, 11:25 AM
Page 25 and everyone (or at least some) is still eager to actually get something presented.

This old "you" "no, YOU" "no, your MOTHER" is getting boring.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
17-01-2017, 11:29 AM
(17-01-2017 11:10 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Err no, that's what the conspiracy theorists do.

Perhaps this is the simplest way I can explain your station.

If you once believed in a god, and yet you are now an atheist (I forget whether you do or not personally) but if you do stop believing in a god its not because someone told you that god didn't exist. Its because you went looking for answers and you probably went to the most trustworthy method of proving or disproving something.

Science.

In a likewise manner conspiracy theorists also went looking, it survives because it has substance. Just like atheism has substance otherwise if atheism did not it would have faded. In this case though it is conspiracy theorists who are the ones looking, and if you are not looking, then what are you doing? Looking away? Closing your eyes? Standing still?

Stagnating?

Like me, finding a conspiracy comes very easily to me these days. In order to prevent myself from stagnating. I'm looking for ways to convince others.
17-01-2017, 11:32 AM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2017 11:37 AM by Celestial_Wonder.)
(17-01-2017 11:25 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Page 25 and everyone (or at least some) is still eager to actually get something presented.

This old "you" "no, YOU" "no, your MOTHER" is getting boring.

Well? What are you waiting for? The best adversary you can ever face is yourself.
17-01-2017, 11:37 AM
(17-01-2017 11:08 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 11:06 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Mmm tried to reverse that right back, nice try but no. The conspiracy theorists are wrong because the evidence suggests they are and for no other reason than that. Sometimes massive events have small causes with con- theos the desire to believe is stronger than the desire to know.

And the people here call themselves men of science. You're just cherry picking like Christians do.

I'm not a man of science and as far as this is concerned I don't need to be all that's required is common sense. I'm starting to see why people find you annoying, you have the temerity to come to a forum like this with an attitude that frankly comes off as a toxic mix of arrogance and smugness in seemingly expecting to be allowed free reign and immunity from criticism disguised as civility. You claim to be a proponent of constructive dialogue and debate, but I'm beginning to doubt you know what these words mean.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post