Questioning The Intangible Versus Questioning the Tangible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2017, 09:38 PM
RE: Questioning The Intangible Versus Questioning the Tangible
(17-01-2017 09:26 PM)adey67 Wrote:  To compare conspiracy skeptics to creationists is disingenuous to say the least. Attempting to give 9/11 conspiracy theories legitimacy without evidence like this may be partiality why you attract such hostility.

Quote:Like me, finding a conspiracy comes very easily to me these days. In order to prevent myself from stagnating. I'm looking for ways to convince others.

Note I said convincing others, which was not limited to just conspiracy theories. He said trying evidence would work, which there is at least one group 'creationists' that we can both agree that evidence does not work with them.

Proving inconsistencies in the bible is largely what drives most people away from Christianity not the theory of evolution is only really there to clean up.

See Adey the reason why I'm not engaging in a pointless thread isn't to prove any one particular conspiracy theory. It is getting people to believe that conspiracies can and do happen in the modern day and on large/international proportions. (that was what most of the cold war was about after all)

I think that might be where a lot of conspiracy theorists do get it wrong, they're trying to plant a fully grown tree in an orchid that is already full.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2017, 09:40 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2017 09:44 PM by Celestial_Wonder.)
(17-01-2017 09:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 09:18 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Does evidence work against creationists?

It doesn't stop people from presenting it. If all you ever did when criticising a creationist was say "I've got evidence to disprove you but you'll never believe it" why the FUCK would anyone listen to you?

They wouldn't morondog, which isn't exactly a change in pace. They wouldn't have believed you to begin with. The ones that would believe, already do.
17-01-2017, 10:02 PM
(17-01-2017 09:18 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 03:40 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  TRY EVIDENCE YOU STUPID CUNT!

Does evidence work against creationists?

It's worked on a lot of people who used to be creationists. You know what has not? Being an evasive motherfucker who only shows evidence to support his assertions to people who already believe his assertions.

Stop trying to give yourself an out, and get on with it.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
17-01-2017, 10:02 PM
(17-01-2017 09:40 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  They wouldn't morondog, which isn't exactly a change in pace. They wouldn't have believed you to begin with. The ones that would believe, already do.
'Cause no one has ever changed positions on that topic.

Facepalm

17-01-2017, 10:20 PM
(17-01-2017 09:38 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Note I said convincing others, which was not limited to just conspiracy theories.
Utter dishonest bullshit, conspiracy theories are exactly what you have claimed to have evidence for and the thing we have demanded to see your evidence for.

You have asserted you have evidence that you clearly do not.

(17-01-2017 09:38 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  He said trying evidence would work, which there is at least one group 'creationists' that we can both agree that evidence does not work with them.
Except there are thousands of former creationists that are no longer creationists BECUASE of the evidence. Secondly the notion that a group exists that ignores evidence does not entitle you to withhold evidence from entirely unrelated groups of people. Thirdly motherfucker YOU are the creationist in this labored analogy. The science on 9/11 has already been done, the conclusions passed through peer-review, and it shows not an ounce of what you claim it does. YOU are the one ignoring reality to maintain a deeply held personal belief.

(17-01-2017 09:38 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Proving inconsistencies in the bible is largely what drives most people away from Christianity not the theory of evolution is only really there to clean up.
Irrelevant to the subject of lolconspiracy nonsense and your repeated inability to prove your claims.

(17-01-2017 09:38 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  See Adey the reason why I'm not engaging in a pointless thread isn't to prove any one particular conspiracy theory.
More bullshit. You have personally specifically named 9/11 as a government conspiracy and you have been engaging in a pointless thread since you made this thread. The single and solitary way you are not engaging in this thread is by backing your big fucking mouth up and proving your claims.

9/11 was the result of a great many things none of which were government plots to carry out an attack on New York or DC. End of fucking debate.

(17-01-2017 09:38 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  It is getting people to believe that conspiracies can and do happen in the modern day and on large/international proportions.
No one is arguing that conspiracies do not or can not happen, but the fact that conspiracies do happen does not mean the one you are running up the flag pole did happen. To claim that it did takes evidence. Evidence that you don't have.

(17-01-2017 09:38 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I think that might be where a lot of conspiracy theorists do get it wrong, they're trying to plant a fully grown tree in an orchid that is already full.
I don't know about OTHER theorists but I can tell you the problem you are having is being, as per usual, an evasive dishonest cunt who can't cash the check his stupid mouth wrote. You are trying to plant a dead tree in cement, and you're too stupid to realize it.

So do you believe that the moon is a hologram? Is Obama a lizard person? Does HAARP cause tornados? Are Hebrews from space?

[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
17-01-2017, 10:35 PM
(17-01-2017 10:20 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 09:38 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Note I said convincing others, which was not limited to just conspiracy theories.
Utter dishonest bullshit, conspiracy theories are exactly what you have claimed to have evidence for and the thing we have demanded to see your evidence for.

You have asserted you have evidence that you clearly do not.

(17-01-2017 09:38 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  He said trying evidence would work, which there is at least one group 'creationists' that we can both agree that evidence does not work with them.
Except there are thousands of former creationists that are no longer creationists BECUASE of the evidence. Secondly the notion that a group exists that ignores evidence does not entitle you to withhold evidence from entirely unrelated groups of people. Thirdly motherfucker YOU are the creationist in this labored analogy. The science on 9/11 has already been done, the conclusions passed through peer-review, and it shows not an ounce of what you claim it does. YOU are the one ignoring reality to maintain a deeply held personal belief.

(17-01-2017 09:38 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Proving inconsistencies in the bible is largely what drives most people away from Christianity not the theory of evolution is only really there to clean up.
Irrelevant to the subject of lolconspiracy nonsense and your repeated inability to prove your claims.

(17-01-2017 09:38 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  See Adey the reason why I'm not engaging in a pointless thread isn't to prove any one particular conspiracy theory.
More bullshit. You have personally specifically named 9/11 as a government conspiracy and you have been engaging in a pointless thread since you made this thread. The single and solitary way you are not engaging in this thread is by backing your big fucking mouth up and proving your claims.

9/11 was the result of a great many things none of which were government plots to carry out an attack on New York or DC. End of fucking debate.

(17-01-2017 09:38 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  It is getting people to believe that conspiracies can and do happen in the modern day and on large/international proportions.
No one is arguing that conspiracies do not or can not happen, but the fact that conspiracies do happen does not mean the one you are running up the flag pole did happen. To claim that it did takes evidence. Evidence that you don't have.

(17-01-2017 09:38 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I think that might be where a lot of conspiracy theorists do get it wrong, they're trying to plant a fully grown tree in an orchid that is already full.
I don't know about OTHER theorists but I can tell you the problem you are having is being, as per usual, an evasive dishonest cunt who can't cash the check his stupid mouth wrote. You are trying to plant a dead tree in cement, and you're too stupid to realize it.

So do you believe that the moon is a hologram? Is Obama a lizard person? Does HAARP cause tornados? Are Hebrews from space?

Lizard people are whats ruining this country!
17-01-2017, 11:58 PM
I don't even ask you for evidence anymore. What are these stupid theories that you think you are justified in believing? Is one of them that you're secretly super intelligent and know things that other people don't? 'Cos I can tell you right off bat the evidence for that one is against you.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
18-01-2017, 12:14 AM
(17-01-2017 09:40 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 09:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  It doesn't stop people from presenting it. If all you ever did when criticising a creationist was say "I've got evidence to disprove you but you'll never believe it" why the FUCK would anyone listen to you?

They wouldn't morondog, which isn't exactly a change in pace. They wouldn't have believed you to begin with. The ones that would believe, already do.

No, you're projecting your incredibly stupid thought process onto other people. Other people look at evidence and sure, some *are* as dumb as you, and they dismiss it or find ways to explain it with cognitive dissonance, but most will change their minds if given sufficient evidence and backup.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
18-01-2017, 01:05 AM
(17-01-2017 11:29 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Perhaps this is the simplest way I can explain your station.

If you have such great difficulty and confusion arising from your inability to explain yourself, why do you think you can explain others???

[Image: the-dickhead-then-and-now-five-years-of-...quality=75]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
18-01-2017, 06:31 AM
(17-01-2017 11:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  I don't even ask you for evidence anymore. What are these stupid theories that you think you are justified in believing? Is one of them that you're secretly super intelligent and know things that other people don't? 'Cos I can tell you right off bat the evidence for that one is against you.

If you want the theory its the theory that 9.11 was orchestrated by the CIA in collaboration with Mossad to frame Al Qaeda and Osama Bin Laden and give the United States government a reason and outstanding public support not only to invade Afghanistan but also more importantly Iraq. Two countries with rich resources and strategically located on either side of Iran. These were the short term goals, the long term goals were having a new reason to invade dozens of countries of their choosing, the limitation of which they only need a sizable muslim population.

We see Western interference already in Libya, and Syria backing the civil wars/revolutions that the Western governments started. It mirrors the Cold War to the letter as they are textbook techniques from an era long ago.