Questioning The Intangible Versus Questioning the Tangible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2017, 02:46 AM
RE: Questioning The Intangible Versus Questioning the Tangible
(12-01-2017 02:09 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hello Celestial_Wonder! Big Grin

You see... when you take the three different thoughts/parts of that sentence apart and read them separately.. and think about them... They actually don't make any sense.

If some one says that they are a critical thinker. Then they should be able to think critically and can/should think critically about points raised in response to things posted by themselves.

To sort of word it such that you think said person was some how 'special' is... well... *Scratches head trying to think of correct term* Consider

It's odd.

It may sound odd to you, but you must realize that bias effects all of us including those of us who believe themselves to be critical thinkers, rather I should think that most everyone thinks of themselves as a critical thinker or an open minded person, and they probably are. But perhaps not as they think they are, although we may like to believe that if we are thinking critically then we do so all inclusively.

But bias gets in our way. Most of us probably don't even know that we have said bias. I myself am not immune to this bias, so yes we may like to think we are thinking critically in all aspects but our bias prevents us from truly being such.

Further more we should never assume that one is not a critical thinker JUST because they came to a different conclusion than we did.

Quote:Nope, I would word it more like;

"Every one is a universe within the confines of their own skin. We bridge the void between our minds/experiences with the poorly made and leaky words of the languages in which we speak."

For myself however, having been reading the forums for a while... some minds that get to try and sail their words across the screen for others to try and understand are well... simply, seemingly, just full of sh!t. Sad

Marriage isn't about finding the perfect person, its about finding someone and accepting them for who they are, including their flaws.

If we marry someone and expect them to be perfect in every way, we are going to be in for disappointment. I expect no one to be perfect, and so I'm filled with less disappointment than you perhaps.

I do ask of one very small concession from the other members of the forum, that they do not hold me to the ideal of perfection. For I am not perfect.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2017, 03:01 AM
CW.

Mate, Im an Aussie. Okay? I am not American or Indian or whatever. I'm Australian.

If a mate of mine came to me and said what you did in the OP, I'd answer: "Mate, what the fuck are you on about?"

This is pretty normal. Especially in the bush. Which is where I mostly grew up.

Now here we are some time after you joined and I still don't know what the fuck you're on about.

You tend to cloak your thoughts in what you may consider eloquence. As a result all I read is gobbledeegook.

Strip all that crap away and speak plainly.

I already read Sophocles and Plato and Shakespeare. I do not require brilliant or what appears pretentious language from you.

One cannot act smart or skilled. You've either got it or not.

You whine about mocking. I whine about one being pretentious.

1 all.

I still fail to understand your point. And I remember Sartre and his table!

Seriously mate, give that shit a rest.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
12-01-2017, 03:15 AM
(12-01-2017 03:01 AM)Banjo Wrote:  CW.

Mate, Im an Aussie. Okay? I am not American or Indian or whatever. I'm Australian.

If a mate of mine came to me and said what you did in the OP, I'd answer: "Mate, what the fuck are you on about?"

This is pretty normal. Especially in the bush. Which is where I mostly grew up.

Now here we are some time after you joined and I still don't know what the fuck you're on about.

You tend to cloak your thoughts in what you may consider eloquence. As a result all I read is gobbledeegook.

Strip all that crap away and speak plainly.

I already read Sophocles and Plato and Shakespeare. I do not require brilliant or what appears pretentious language from you.

One cannot act smart or skilled. You've either got it or not.

You whine about mocking. I whine about one being pretentious.

1 all.

I still fail to understand your point. And I remember Sartre and his table!

Seriously mate, give that shit a rest.

Baby steps.

If one mocked someone would that not make them pretentious?
12-01-2017, 03:20 AM
I have to wonder why people like Vosur or the OP are so pissed at my response.

I only rephrased what CW said. So it seems that when CW says something it seems to be worth considering, but when i say it, it must be sarcasm and stroking my ego? Vosur, please go and tell us how much sense CWs observations make to you if you think his views are so reasonable.

Isnt it interesting that noone, even CW, is talking anymore about his "observations" and "theories"? He has elevated this into a meta-discussion now, about being a "conspiracy theorist". Seriously!? What value does having this profession have? What does a "conspiracy theorist do when there are no conspiracies out here? What happens whae he is out of (real) conspiracies?

What is the point anyway about this meta-discussion? CW doesnt even want to talk about (specific) conspiracies anymore, for which we have evidence (or dont), no he has triggered a discusison about conspiracy theories in general as if having a conspiracy theory in your head is of any meaningful value, without even talking about the actual conspiracy we are talking about.
It has been told to him that there were conspiracies and always will, and there will be evidence for them or not. Noone disputes the existence of "plots" to achieve certian (sionister) goals, but there are conspiracies and conspiracy theories, the.arent.the.same.
What is questioned is this "profession" of being a conspiracy theorist, as if making up lots of shit about various plots had any value in itself. Its like the Russian revolution and its "professional" revolutionaries (aka the Bolsheviki around VIU). As soon as someone calls himself a "Profesisonal" revolutionary, his claim is going to become questionable (to me), likewise if one claims to be a "conspiracy theorist".

Either CW has has a specific a topic/plot to talk about, and either he has something to bring forth in favour of his view, or he doesnt. and probably people are going to accept what he has to bring to the table or not. And both sides have to deal with the fact that they migh tnot agree.
But talking about conspiracy theories and being a conspiracy theorist and then whining that we dont run after him like the followers of Brian, that is about stroking his ego, not mine or anyone elses.

Vosur, if you think that he gets wrongfully attacked and ridiculed with his ideas, what do you think, personally about his "observations" about atheists and his conspiracy theories?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
12-01-2017, 03:26 AM
(12-01-2017 03:15 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  If one mocked someone would that not make them pretentious?

See what I mean?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
12-01-2017, 03:43 AM
(12-01-2017 03:26 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 03:15 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  If one mocked someone would that not make them pretentious?

See what I mean?

I just told you its baby steps.

My opinions about certain things differ vastly from many here. I suspect fear and hesitation keep them.

How do you get someone on a plane who is afraid of heights?
12-01-2017, 03:47 AM
(12-01-2017 03:43 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I just told you its baby steps.

My opinions about certain things differ vastly from many here. I suspect fear and hesitation keep them.

Are you telling me the following? "I must use pretentious language because I do not know how to formulate and express ideas coherently"?

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
12-01-2017, 03:52 AM
(12-01-2017 03:47 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 03:43 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  I just told you its baby steps.

Are you telling me the following? "I must use pretentious language because I do not know how to formulate and express ideas coherently"?

Observation.

I might really suck at persuasion. Which is also the word I was getting at, persuade, you persuade them to get on the plane.
12-01-2017, 03:55 AM
(12-01-2017 03:52 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 03:47 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Are you telling me the following? "I must use pretentious language because I do not know how to formulate and express ideas coherently"?

Observation.

I might really suck at persuasion. Which is also the word I was getting at, persuade, you persuade them to get on the plane.

I don't know what you're on about mate.

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
12-01-2017, 04:12 AM
(12-01-2017 01:20 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Within each and every mind on this planet is a gold mine, a treasure just waiting to be found. Even yours and morondog's.

Show us the great treasure that is in that mind of yours then, oh wise one Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post