Questioning Veridicanism...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2014, 06:40 PM
RE: Questioning Veridicanism...
(17-12-2014 04:11 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(16-12-2014 03:30 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Well it is the philosophy section! Close it if you wish; it's your call!

I started this post as the OP of over 5000 views was in many aspects an abuse/blame fest, and not getting anywhere too fast.
Philosophy can be quite interesting if dealt with in a serious way..............

True, but Veridicanism more of a mental illness than philosophy...

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2014, 06:56 PM
(17-12-2014 06:40 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(17-12-2014 04:11 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I started this post as the OP of over 5000 views was in many aspects an abuse/blame fest, and not getting anywhere too fast.
Philosophy can be quite interesting if dealt with in a serious way..............

True, but Veridicanism more of a mental illness than philosophy...

...and Marky Mark's version is much more entertaining.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
17-12-2014, 07:28 PM
(17-12-2014 06:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-12-2014 06:40 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  True, but Veridicanism more of a mental illness than philosophy...

...and Marky Mark's version is much more entertaining.

Real philosophy is neutral, in some areas perhaps.....
It doesn't ridicule unnecessarily, just for kicks, and to get laughs.
There are lots of places that can be done.
Plato said 'madness is divine', and maybe looking at intangibles isn't totally insane.
17-12-2014, 07:46 PM
(16-12-2014 07:43 PM)Pointwithinacircle Wrote:  
(16-12-2014 03:01 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  (6) Jesus seems to have pushed pacifism in the main.
I think turning the other cheek is a warning. It means "I forgave you once, don't do it again". Of course the only church that I could start with that interpretation is the Church of Rambo, Or maybe The Divine Ascension of the Expendables. But that probably won't happen. After all, my opinion is outnumbered by twenty-five million to one.
(17-12-2014 01:17 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(16-12-2014 03:01 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  (6) Jesus seems to have pushed pacifism in the main. How far, if at all, do you value this line of thought?

I don’t think Jesus is a pacifist. Turn the other cheek is a way of gaining god-like power over an opponent. In other words, if you care so little what happens to your body (like the way he went to the cross), then the world has no power over you. Turn the other cheek is all about serious power.

Both PointyCircle's and Ego®'s interpretation are interesting. I think there is a third way. Turn the other cheek could indicate the inability of being offended. Like water off a duck's back.

#sigh
17-12-2014, 08:29 PM
[Image: 20120730.gif]

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
17-12-2014, 10:22 PM
(17-12-2014 07:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Both PointyCircle's and Ego®'s interpretation are interesting. I think there is a third way. Turn the other cheek could indicate the inability of being offended. Like water off a duck's back.

Yes, I agree. I think it means that as well. Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-12-2014, 04:11 PM
(17-12-2014 10:22 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(17-12-2014 07:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Both PointyCircle's and Ego®'s interpretation are interesting. I think there is a third way. Turn the other cheek could indicate the inability of being offended. Like water off a duck's back.

Yes, I agree. I think it means that as well. Thumbsup

As for the Christian response, and ideas relating to the trinity which started to evolve some 200 years post Christ's death on earth, I would suggest that the full extent of 'Godness' had not fully developed in Jesus.
Conflicting statements/ acts regarding passiveness may reflect a divisiveness in Jesus's battle with the conflicts felt in the'son of man' aspect in his personality........
Passiveness may be seen as an ideal to be sought after.
As it is the killing of our fellow beings whether via radical Islam or mega spending on arms for other reasons seems designed for ongoing misery.
Just a consideration, I'm not proselysing.
18-12-2014, 05:03 PM
Edward Gordon aka Egor has been going at this for years now on any atheist forum he can find as I just discovered here

http://ravingatheists.com/forum/showthre...73&page=13

"Michael wrote on 3/6/12 @ Raving Atheist forum:
Although I guess I do have one question:
Having seen the ridiculous number of changes "veridicanism" has gone through just in the lsat 6 months, do you honestly expect anyone to convert to something that clearly doesn't even know what it actually is?" Laughat

Apparently he's been spouting this shit anywhere he can with the same results, ridicule.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
18-12-2014, 05:16 PM
He does seem very aggressive in his sales pitch; all the worse if change is continually happening in the doctrines.
I like a flexible approach, but you cant have flexible absolutes.
18-12-2014, 05:25 PM
(18-12-2014 05:16 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  He does seem very aggressive in his sales pitch; all the worse if change is continually happening in the doctrines.
I like a flexible approach, but you cant have flexible absolutes.

He made the claim that Veriblahblahcanism was all over the web so I made a search and what I found was little and mostly anti-V. The images for V where mostly negative. What Michael (whoever he is) observed back then still applies today. Add to this constant changing "doctrine" his belligerence and it's easy to see why he has so "many" adherents and followers. Rolleyes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce