Questions???

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
05-02-2014, 04:14 PM
Questions???
I know you have ask a theist sticky already, but I wanted to take this time to ask you all if anyone had any questions before I stirred this pot again...

If not then maybe you could tell me what intrest you the most:

How to defeat the Epicurus Parodox

God does not love everyone

Hell

Messengers/angels

Is God truly Omni-max?

Freewill and what the bible has to say about it

Which church is the right one out of 30,000 different expressions of Christanity

Sin/repentance and what it truly means

Homosexuality, is it a sin

Genesis over view

(these are a few I have more if you like.)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 04:31 PM
RE: Questions???
Why don't you leave?

[+] 10 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
05-02-2014, 04:34 PM
(05-02-2014 04:14 PM)Drich Wrote:  I know you have ask a theist sticky already, but I wanted to take this time to ask you all if anyone had any questions before I stirred this pot again...
Why?

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
05-02-2014, 04:35 PM
If you want to use the Bible as a basis for argument, there are some prerequisites:

1. Prove that God exists (Good luck -- people have been trying to do this for thousands of years, and it's still an open question). Note that you can't use the Bible to do this.

2. Prove that the Bible is "the Word of God", and that, as such, it is more reliable than the Bhagavad Gita, the Koran, the Book of Mormon, etc. -- all of which also claim to be "the Word of God" -- and all of which contradict the Bible and each other.

Until you accomplish #1 and #2, arguing from the Bible carries exactly as much weight as arguing from The Iliad or Oliver Twist or the latest Harry Potter novel.
[+] 6 users Like Grasshopper's post
05-02-2014, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 04:40 PM by morondog.)
Epicurus ? You have a solution for that ?

Followed by homosex.

I must warn you that if I find you boring I'll just bug out...

ETA: I sleep now... also please if you use Bible be aware that I will need a justification for why you're allowed to use it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
05-02-2014, 04:38 PM
You have yet to establish a god exists, much less the bible god. All of the above questions are meaningless unless you can establish this.

So I will change your question about which church is the right one to - which god is the right one? and if you could establish that, then, which religion worshipping that god is the right one? (assuming you could first show by evidence that there is any god at all).
[+] 1 user Likes meremortal's post
05-02-2014, 04:41 PM
(05-02-2014 04:38 PM)meremortal Wrote:  You have yet to establish a god exists, much less the bible god. All of the above questions are meaningless unless you can establish this.

So I will change your question about which church is the right one to - which god is the right one? and if you could establish that, then, which religion worshipping that god is the right one? (assuming you could first show by evidence that there is any god at all).

And on that note, anyone have any questions for me about Pinocchio?

[+] 8 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
05-02-2014, 04:44 PM
(05-02-2014 04:41 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 04:38 PM)meremortal Wrote:  You have yet to establish a god exists, much less the bible god. All of the above questions are meaningless unless you can establish this.

And on that note, anyone have any questions for me about Pinocchio?

Yes. What's with the nose thing? Ever since she watched that, my girlfriend wants me to lie to her all the time now...
[+] 2 users Like meremortal's post
05-02-2014, 04:46 PM
I was planning on starting my own questions thread, but with a twist. Would you be willing to provide answers on it?
05-02-2014, 04:48 PM
(05-02-2014 04:44 PM)meremortal Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 04:41 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  And on that note, anyone have any questions for me about Pinocchio?

Yes. What's with the nose thing? Ever since she watched that, my girlfriend wants me to lie to her all the time now...

And how are we supposed to know the real "truth" with your nose growing in mysterious ways?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post