Questions???

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
09-02-2014, 07:40 PM
RE: Questions???
He never got his so called conversion by the so called A/S/K route so doesn't actually know anything about it. He had a lucid dream, like so many others (including me), but for some unknown reason decided it wasn't a dream but a revelation.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2014, 07:40 PM
(09-02-2014 03:16 PM)Drich Wrote:  Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

HS = Holy Shit
OT = Old Testament
NT = New Testament

moron

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
09-02-2014, 11:19 PM
(09-02-2014 07:16 PM)lookingforanswers Wrote:  @Drich, I was going to go through your response at post #128 and respond point by point, but I figured it would likely just be a waste of time.

Drich, I don't want to be mean, but you are the type of person that gives believers in a higher power a bad name. You know the answer and just change your arguments to suit that answer. You contradict yourself,
Where?
Quote: ignore important points and questions, and use circular logic.
If this was the case would it not be easy to point these things out as you go?
Quote:You tell me that the only way I can find God is through the spirit, and if I want to develop a relationship with the spirit then I need to a/s/k
Yes.

Quote: I tell you that I did a/s/k and was a Christian for most of my life,
No not once. I said i truly believe you Asked and you sought, but you did not knock.
Knocking is an on going thing If you are not knocking you did not knock as luke 11 points out then you did not knock. Even if you Ask and genuinely sought.
I did not say you were a Christian either. I acknoeledged you built an identical house to what a believer of Christ would build, but when the rains came it collapsed hence your turn to atheism.

Quote:and you tell me that the spirit didn't talk to me because I didn't have all the right beliefs of Christianity.
None of us do. You were looking for a deeper connection that what your current beliefs could support, so god tore down your house and is waiting to help you build a new one.

Quote:So, he gifted me by not responding, allowing me to reject my current Christian beliefs and giving me the chance to find new ones.
Do not be discouraged I too was where you are.

Quote: But, then you tell me that I can't learn anything about God, except through the spirit. You know, the spirit, that didn't respond to me when I was a/s/k'ing for 25 years or so.
what were you asking for specifically? or did you just goto church for 25 years?

Quote:Your solution for me is to just keep the faith and keep a/s/k'ing, because he'll answer me eventually. Seriously?!
I can understand how frustrating this can be. I am not asking you to repeat your last 25 years. I want you to specifically focous on a/s/king for the holy Spirit.

Quote:How does all of that seem consistent to you? Did you just figure out the right way to a/s/k and I didn't?
I had to A/S/k till it was well with me to do so. I did not care how many faiths I had to run over I found contentment in my approach. On some base level I was honoring all I knew to do. If you are faithful to what you have been given then you will find God. For me is was tormenting the kids who I went to school with and rode the bus with me.

Quote:Your problem is that you refuse to question your beliefs.
The verse the Changed my life (after I started to stagnate in my belliefs) is 1 thess 5:21 "Question all things and hold on to what is good. this does not mean question the questionable it also means question the foundational. I questioned everything and it almost had me leave the church again because I saw the cracks of Christian religion and could not reconcile them. This is where I really turned in my faith. this is the reason I can answer the question that have been posted here and in other forums and in person. Because to me nothing is sacred. I will look at any honest question research and provide an answer, no matter how many times you may have been turn away before. I do this because long ago I ran out of my own question and now I look for better ones. Questions I have never thought to ask.

Quote:You can't look at your religion from an outsider's eyes.
Rolleyes

Quote: No one outside your religion is going to accept anything based on your word that the Holy Spirit told you so, or the Bible told you so.
When they are hungry enough they will. Why? Because I am NOT selling a religion here. a set of rules or a list of religious practices. I am trying to provide you all with a genuine life changing ground moving relationship with the Living God. Granted it takes a measure of humility to plant your mustard seed where God tells you to, but if and when you do, you'd better hang on to something and brace yourself. when it happens it will hit like a mack truck.

Everything That I have shared that happened to me is as true as I can recall and possably make it to be, and what's more this stuff is not unique to me. anyone willing to A/S/K for the Holy Spirit as outlined in Luke 11 will receive Exactly what they need in the way of proof to establish and maintain a relationship between themselves and God. If they are faithful to what they have been given.

(Maybe that was your problem originally)

Quote: If you ever want to convince anyone here that your point of view has any merit, you are going to have to argue on their terms (ie. based on logic and reason, and based on facts outside of the Spirit and the Bible).
'logic and reason' is a game of keep away.(keep god away from people) what's I can prove it.
Please provide a list of acceptiable evidences that would have everyone believe with out question or doubt. If you can not provide a list (meaning more than one thing) please provide one thing that would be considered indisputiable evidence of God.

Quote:If you can't do that, you might want to re-think whether your beliefs are worth holding in the first place. And, even if you think they are, you should still avoid going on atheist forums and trying to convince people the way you do, because all you accomplish is re-enforcing the negative views that people on this page have towards Christianity in the first place.
what are they? (negative views?)

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
10-02-2014, 10:03 AM
So you are saying that knocking means "tormenting the kids who I went to school with and rode the bus with me". Well a lot of members here do the equivalent of that here on a nearly daily basis, and a lot of them are ex christians so presumably, adding all that together, have done your A/S/K route until they are blue in the face. Obviously doesn't work.
[+] 1 user Likes joben1's post
10-02-2014, 10:21 AM
(09-02-2014 07:40 PM)joben1 Wrote:  He never got his so called conversion by the so called A/S/K route so doesn't actually know anything about it. He had a lucid dream, like so many others (including me), but for some unknown reason decided it wasn't a dream but a revelation.

I had a lucid sex dream about Scarlett Johansson, but I don't think I get to receive credit for that. And you don't see me making threads about it to dicuss the details of my sexual encounter with Scarlett Johansson as though it has anything to do with the real world. I don't brag to my friends about this great sex I had with Scarlett Johansson in my dream, expecting them to be jealous.

In otherwords, who the fuck cares about your shitty dream?

[+] 3 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
10-02-2014, 07:19 PM
(10-02-2014 10:03 AM)joben1 Wrote:  So you are saying that knocking means "tormenting the kids who I went to school with and rode the bus with me".
for me yes because that is all I knew to do... Not just kids, but Christians. Most of the other kids fought back.Angel

I however am not the only one who found Christ like this. Paul had a similar conversion.

Quote:Well a lot of members here do the equivalent of that here on a nearly daily basis, and a lot of them are ex christians so presumably, adding all that together, have done your A/S/K route until they are blue in the face. Obviously doesn't work.
Because there is an element missing in their efforts. Humility. I found humility when my hypothesis was proven wrong, which allowed me to turn and seek Christ.

When people here have come across the answers they supposedly sought did they turn and honor the answers given them? Or did they look for some reason to maintain their disbeliefs?

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
10-02-2014, 07:32 PM
(10-02-2014 07:19 PM)Drich Wrote:  Humility.

You wouldn't know humility if it bent you over and fucked you in the ass.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 5 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
10-02-2014, 09:06 PM
(10-02-2014 07:19 PM)Drich Wrote:  I however am not the only one who found Christ like this. Paul had a similar conversion.

Yes. Hallucinations are common among the insane.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-02-2014, 09:30 PM
(10-02-2014 09:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 07:19 PM)Drich Wrote:  I however am not the only one who found Christ like this. Paul had a similar conversion.

Yes. Hallucinations are common among the insane.

A little over a year ago, around November 2012, "God" "told" a friend of mine that the rapture was going to happen March 31st of 2013. I shit you not! "God" himself told her! She told me he did, that's now she knew the exact date the rapture was going to happen last year.

Much like this, it too was shown/told to her in a vision, by "God" directly. And that really happened, so who are we to say it's bullshit and just in their heads? You can't argue with "God" talking to them directly.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
10-02-2014, 10:42 PM
(10-02-2014 07:19 PM)Drich Wrote:  Because there is an element missing in their efforts. Humility. I found humility when my hypothesis was proven wrong, which allowed me to turn and seek Christ.

You have no idea how arrogant this is, do you? While claiming humility, you also pretend to know the journey and sincerity of others who you don't know, and many of whom you've never interacted with.

By the way, if you have to go around claiming humility, rest assured you're intolerably arrogant, just like Paul was.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 4 users Like toadaly's post