Questions???

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
10-02-2014, 10:48 PM
RE: Questions???
(10-02-2014 10:42 PM)toadaly Wrote:  ...
By the way, if you have to go around claiming humility, rest assured you're intolerably arrogant, just like Paul was.

Yeah, Paul was a HUGH asshole, right?

I have no idea why Christians relate to that guy, or like him. The more I've read of him, the more massive a dick he just seems to be all around.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
10-02-2014, 11:49 PM
(10-02-2014 10:48 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 10:42 PM)toadaly Wrote:  ...
By the way, if you have to go around claiming humility, rest assured you're intolerably arrogant, just like Paul was.

Yeah, Paul was a HUGH asshole, right?

I have no idea why Christians relate to that guy, or like him. The more I've read of him, the more massive a dick he just seems to be all around.

Yes...he hated just about everyone, but especially women. Saul of Tarsus was completely nuts.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-02-2014, 03:34 AM
(10-02-2014 11:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 10:48 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Yeah, Paul was a HUGH asshole, right?

Yes...he hated just about everyone, but especially women. Saul of Tarsus was completely nuts.

I always picture Woody Allen in my head as Paul of Tarsus, a completely neurotic creeper who ruins everyone else's life as well as his own with his insecurities and perversions. If you were to remove Paul's taint from this mongrel religion it becomes almost infinitely less horrible and sycophantic.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
11-02-2014, 07:38 AM
(10-02-2014 09:30 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 09:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yes. Hallucinations are common among the insane.

A little over a year ago, around November 2012, "God" "told" a friend of mine that the rapture was going to happen March 31st of 2013. I shit you not! "God" himself told her! She told me he did, that's now she knew the exact date the rapture was going to happen last year.

Much like this, it too was shown/told to her in a vision, by "God" directly. And that really happened, so who are we to say it's bullshit and just in their heads? You can't argue with "God" talking to them directly.

Ahh.. No.
God is not the only one who speaks in visions and in dreams... If the revelation given to you or your friend in vision or dream is found to be false or condradicts scripture then the source of that vision or dream is not God.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
11-02-2014, 07:43 AM
(09-02-2014 11:19 PM)Drich Wrote:  'logic and reason' is a game of keep away.(keep god away from people) what's I can prove it.
Please provide a list of acceptiable evidences that would have everyone believe with out question or doubt. If you can not provide a list (meaning more than one thing) please provide one thing that would be considered indisputiable evidence of God.

You ask an interesting question, I actually did start a thread about that a little while ago. However, like I mentioned before, I'm a deist, I do believe in a creator God, I just don't believe in the Christian God.

For me to believe in Christianity wouldn't have been too tough at all. Frankly, the Bible just would have had to make sense and be consistent.

If the Bible is the infallible word of God, why are the accounts of Jesus so inconsistent? The gospels can't agree on Jesus' last words, the inscription on the tomb, etc. Most of the old testament books were written years (sometimes many years) after the events chronicled and were written by unknown authors (basically at least half of the old testament). How is anyone expected to believe the words of unidentified authors? Why do I believe that Moses parted the red sea when I don't even know who wrote the book the story was written in? Not only that, most of the old testament just seems to be a history of the jewish nation's wars against other nations and brutalities committed in the name of the almighty.

Quote: The verse the Changed my life (after I started to stagnate in my belliefs) is 1 thess 5:21 "Question all things and hold on to what is good. this does not mean question the questionable it also means question the foundational. I questioned everything and it almost had me leave the church again because I saw the cracks of Christian religion and could not reconcile them. This is where I really turned in my faith. this is the reason I can answer the question that have been posted here and in other forums and in person. Because to me nothing is sacred. I will look at any honest question research and provide an answer, no matter how many times you may have been turn away before. I do this because long ago I ran out of my own question and now I look for better ones. Questions I have never thought to ask.

There are books that go through all the problems with the Bible. Try reading the Age of Reason by Thomas Paine. The second part of the book goes through most of the bible book by book pointing out the issues with them. If you really want to question your beliefs and the foundation therefore, take a read through that one.

Quote:what are they? (negative views?)

Basically, I think the main negative view is close-mindedness. They view Christians as having an inability to rationally question the basis of their own belief system and, accordingly, they end up believing in something that doesn't make a lot of sense.
11-02-2014, 07:59 AM
(10-02-2014 10:42 PM)toadaly Wrote:  You have no idea how arrogant this is, do you? While claiming humility, you also pretend to know the journey and sincerity of others who you don't know, and many of whom you've never interacted with.
I tell you this because we are told in scripture. 'All a have sin and fallen short of the glory of God.' I have also observed that none own it and trutly repent of it. they justify it or find a reason to stay in it. This is an act of pride.

Quote:By the way, if you have to go around claiming humility, rest assured you're intolerably arrogant, just like Paul was.
I'm not claiming humility in general. I have humbled myself to God. As you are not God i do not expect that you would be able to identify the Humility I speak of.

As far as being like Paul... Truly, Thank you. I make a great effort to follow his example.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
11-02-2014, 08:09 AM
(11-02-2014 07:59 AM)Drich Wrote:  I'm not claiming humility in general. I have humbled myself to God. As you are not God i do not expect that you would be able to identify the Humility I speak of.

[Image: 6666022h.gif]
11-02-2014, 08:11 AM
Hey. Fucking MORON. The word "evidences" is not a plural noun.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
11-02-2014, 09:00 AM
(11-02-2014 07:38 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 09:30 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  A little over a year ago, around November 2012, "God" "told" a friend of mine that the rapture was going to happen March 31st of 2013. I shit you not! "God" himself told her! She told me he did, that's now she knew the exact date the rapture was going to happen last year.

Much like this, it too was shown/told to her in a vision, by "God" directly. And that really happened, so who are we to say it's bullshit and just in their heads? You can't argue with "God" talking to them directly.

Ahh.. No.
God is not the only one who speaks in visions and in dreams... If the revelation given to you or your friend in vision or dream is found to be false or condradicts scripture then the source of that vision or dream is not God.

Interesting statement Drich. A couple questions: Who else would speak to a person in visions, such as what happened in this story? How would one know if it was false and not worthy to act on or take with any validity? Have you or anyone you know had a vision or revelation from God that was not perfectly aligned with a scripture? I mean if God told or guided you to get a new career and move to another country, would you follow the path even though no scripture talks about your damn career path?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
11-02-2014, 09:18 AM
(11-02-2014 09:00 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 07:38 AM)Drich Wrote:  Ahh.. No.

Interesting statement Drich. A couple questions: Who else would speak to a person in visions, such as what happened in this story? How would one know if it was false and not worthy to act on or take with any validity? Have you or anyone you know had a vision or revelation from God that was not perfectly aligned with a scripture? I mean if God told or guided you to get a new career and move to another country, would you follow the path even though no scripture talks about your damn career path?

You can draw conclusions from the Bible though. I mean Jesus didn't start preaching until he was in his 30s. I don't know if he was just signing on until then but I'd assume he had at least done a bit of college and at least got his NVQ level 3 carpentry. ... The Bible is also very pro fisherman. ... I'm sure tax collectors and slavers feature in there too so there are some excellent opportunities for scripturally inspired career paths Drinking Beverage

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member