Questions???

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
11-02-2014, 09:23 AM
RE: Questions???
(11-02-2014 09:18 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 09:00 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Interesting statement Drich. A couple questions: Who else would speak to a person in visions, such as what happened in this story? How would one know if it was false and not worthy to act on or take with any validity? Have you or anyone you know had a vision or revelation from God that was not perfectly aligned with a scripture? I mean if God told or guided you to get a new career and move to another country, would you follow the path even though no scripture talks about your damn career path?

You can draw conclusions from the Bible though. I mean Jesus didn't start preaching until he was in his 30s. I don't know if he was just signing on until then but I'd assume he had at least done a bit of college and at least got his NVQ level 3 carpentry. ... The Bible is also very pro fisherman. ... I'm sure tax collectors and slavers feature in there too so there are some excellent opportunities for scripturally inspired career paths Drinking Beverage

Blessed are the cheesemakers. Yes

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
11-02-2014, 09:41 AM
(11-02-2014 09:23 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 09:18 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  You can draw conclusions from the Bible though. I mean Jesus didn't start preaching until he was in his 30s. I don't know if he was just signing on until then but I'd assume he had at least done a bit of college and at least got his NVQ level 3 carpentry. ... The Bible is also very pro fisherman. ... I'm sure tax collectors and slavers feature in there too so there are some excellent opportunities for scripturally inspired career paths Drinking Beverage

Blessed are the cheesemakers. Yes

Shut up big nose! Big Grin

Rev, that post is genius! We need an ultra-like button! Thumbsup

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
11-02-2014, 09:52 AM
11-02-2014, 09:54 AM
(10-02-2014 10:03 AM)joben1 Wrote:  So you are saying that knocking means "tormenting the kids who I went to school with and rode the bus with me".

Quote:for me yes because that is all I knew to do... Not just kids, but Christians. Most of the other kids fought back.Angel

So it was pure luck that the only thing you knew to do was exactly the thing that was required of you when Asking. Do you do the lotto?

Quote:I however am not the only one who found Christ like this. Paul had a similar conversion.

1. How do you know this?
2. If true, how do you know it wasn't just a dream? Just like yours.

Quote:Well a lot of members here do the equivalent of that here on a nearly daily basis, and a lot of them are ex christians so presumably, adding all that together, have done your A/S/K route until they are blue in the face. Obviously doesn't work.
Quote:Because there is an element missing in their efforts. Humility.

And you know this how?

Quote:When people here have come across the answers they supposedly sought did they turn and honor the answers given them? Or did they look for some reason to maintain their disbeliefs?

Who knows? You certainly don't.
11-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Damn quote tags....joben1, did I get right below what you were trying to post ?:

-----------------------------------------------------------

(10-02-2014 07:19 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 10:03 AM)joben1 Wrote:  So you are saying that knocking means "tormenting the kids who I went to school with and rode the bus with me".

for me yes because that is all I knew to do... Not just kids, but Christians. Most of the other kids fought back.Angel

So it was pure luck that the only thing you knew to do was exactly the thing that was required of you when Asking. Do you do the lotto?

Quote:I however am not the only one who found Christ like this. Paul had a similar conversion.

1. How do you know this?
2. If true, how do you know it wasn't just a dream? Just like yours.

Quote:
Quote:Well a lot of members here do the equivalent of that here on a nearly daily basis, and a lot of them are ex christians so presumably, adding all that together, have done your A/S/K route until they are blue in the face. Obviously doesn't work.
Because there is an element missing in their efforts. Humility.

And you know this how?

Quote:When people here have come across the answers they supposedly sought did they turn and honor the answers given them? Or did they look for some reason to maintain their disbeliefs?

Who knows? You certainly don't.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
11-02-2014, 10:09 AM
yes lol
11-02-2014, 10:27 AM
(11-02-2014 07:38 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 09:30 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  A little over a year ago, around November 2012, "God" "told" a friend of mine that the rapture was going to happen March 31st of 2013. I shit you not! "God" himself told her! She told me he did, that's now she knew the exact date the rapture was going to happen last year.

Much like this, it too was shown/told to her in a vision, by "God" directly. And that really happened, so who are we to say it's bullshit and just in their heads? You can't argue with "God" talking to them directly.

Ahh.. No.
God is not the only one who speaks in visions and in dreams... If the revelation given to you or your friend in vision or dream is found to be false or condradicts scripture then the source of that vision or dream is not God.

Okay, so I guess for the four and a half months prior to March 31st 2013 I'd have to presume it was "God" speaking to her.

But then on April 1st 2013, I had to presume it was still "God" speaking to her, because "God" changed the meaning of how the rapture would start, and that March 31st would just be the start of the events of the rapture, but the actual rapture of their bodies to heaven would occur within the year.

Then on January 1st 2014, when none of it happened, not even the revision/clarification that "God" himself directly revealed to her, did not actually happen, from the start of this year on, now I just retroactively assume it was, "the devil"?

But if she says some other batshit crazy thing in the meantime I must assume it to be "God", until it's fails, then it's "the devil"?

Why can I not just skip to the chase right now and assume the batshit crazy thing you said about your "dream/vision" from "God" was actually a "dream/vision" from "the devil".
(06-02-2014 09:18 AM)Drich Wrote:  I use to stop breathing while I slept, and I remember one time I was a sleep, but realized I was fairly lucid, but at the same time I could not wake, Which was an issue because I had stopped breathing.. Then I realized I was no longer in my room but at my judgment. I saw a being and immediately fell flat on the ground before Him and he told me not to be afraid and to rise and follow him. I did, to a line of people.(not a long line maybe 10) I saw Jesus welcoming people by name, and again I fell flat on the ground, and my life's events started to recount in my Head. (Before He even got to me)

When He told my neighbor Welcome my good and faithful servant, I knew right then, that was a close as I would ever come to hearing those words spoken to me, then the regret/deep despair begin to sink in. All of scripture made sense, and I knew then my life did not measure up to the standards of being a member of the body. At that point there was nothing I could say. No defense for what i did.

I was helped up and for the briefest of moments I saw in His eyes a glimmer, of what of an eternity of Love with Him could have been, then I saw heart break and disappointment in Him, Then I heard "away from me you wicked servant, I never knew you.."

My heart dropped, Then I pleaded: Lord lord give me one more chance..I fell to His feet and clinched as tightly as I could. swearing allegiance and love. I just needed another chance to prove it.

then either the ground gave way or I was thrown into the pit. I just remember falling into a black nothingness, as I traveled away from the light I felt myself being consumed by this Black almost like Hot tar. It was not fire but it invoked the same response as being burned. The panic and hysteria of being consumed lit every nerve ending as if it was being burned by the hottest flame. I could see nothing but heard a great yelling and many many groans of pain from every direction, But only bearly because of my own groans, and screams. (Through all of that I had a sense that these laments were not all human.) All the while falling and being in a great state of panic and pain. Fire, panic and pain are not even strong enough words to describe the intensity of the experience.

That's why when i talk to people about Hell I say the reason the bible uses fire to describe hell it is because Being consumed by fire is the closest thing we can relate to when we are thrown into the void of Hell. Even so fire doesn't even come close. If given the choice I would rather be burned for an eternity by what we know to be fire than experience "Hell fire" ever again.

As the last glimmer of the light was fading The reality of eternity began to set in and all hope quickly faded away. I saw the next step of my journey, and that was in the face of increasing despair, the luxury of the control we have over minds, was soon to be taken from me as well...

It was then I felt a hand grab me, and I began to ascend. the being that pulled me out of the pit told me that this was Only Gates of Hell and what I experiences was only a glimmer of what was to come. He told me that the rest of "this life" was my second Chance that I had asked for, and warned me that all that I experienced awaits me, if I did not know Jesus.

Dude, I think "the devil" is talking to you in your head, bro! Evil_monster

11-02-2014, 10:38 AM
Makes perfects sense to me too:

The devil instills fear and pain,
The Devil decieves,
Must be him communicating with you.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
11-02-2014, 10:46 AM
Hold on a sec, I missed this. God talked to you in a dream? And you believed it?

When I was a kid Jesus talked to me in a vision, but that doesn't make what I saw real. Especially since the Jesus I talked to had chestnut auburn hair around his shoulders and blue eyes and wore purple and red. Suspiciously like the stained glass windows in St Paul's now that I come to think of it...
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
11-02-2014, 10:49 AM
(11-02-2014 10:46 AM)natachan Wrote:  Especially since the Jesus I talked to had chestnut auburn hair around his shoulders and blue eyes and wore purple and red.

There's no way I'm worshipping someone with a dress sense like that!
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post