Questions???

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
11-02-2014, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2014 11:00 AM by Raptor Jesus.)
RE: Questions???
(11-02-2014 10:46 AM)natachan Wrote:  Hold on a sec, I missed this. God talked to you in a dream? And you believed it?

When I was a kid Jesus talked to me in a vision, but that doesn't make what I saw real. Especially since the Jesus I talked to had chestnut auburn hair around his shoulders and blue eyes and wore purple and red. Suspiciously like the stained glass windows in St Paul's now that I come to think of it...

Oh, no...

I think he made it clear that the devil talked to him in a dream, but he believes it was "God", same as with my friend who spoke to "God/devil/nothing".

(11-02-2014 07:38 AM)Drich Wrote:  ...God is not the only one who speaks in visions and in dreams... If the revelation given...in vision or dream is found to be false or condradicts scripture then the source of that vision or dream is not God.
For full transparency; ellipses were used.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2014, 11:03 AM
It was the devil talking to him in a dream pretending to be gawd via microwave radiation and tracking him by cellphone tower triangulation. There's only one way to stop the devil from doing his work!

[Image: tin-foil-hat.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
11-02-2014, 11:16 AM
"I think he made it clear that the devil talked to him in a dream, but he believes it was "God", same as with my friend who spoke to "God/devil/nothing"."

I see. And how is this any less nutters?
11-02-2014, 01:28 PM
(11-02-2014 07:59 AM)Drich Wrote:  I tell you this because we are told in scripture. 'All a have sin and fallen short of the glory of God.' I have also observed that none own it and trutly repent of it. they justify it or find a reason to stay in it. This is an act of pride.

When you claim to know how sincere people are - people you've often never met nor even interacted with, and you use ancient texts as your basis for claiming to know such things, all you've done is attempted to transfer the guilt of your arrogance to the writers of those texts. You can claim it's prideful not to assume the divinity of your texts, but only those deluded in the same way you are, will buy such nonsense.

Quote:As far as being like Paul... Truly, Thank you. I make a great effort to follow his example.

This much seems true.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
11-02-2014, 01:30 PM
(11-02-2014 11:16 AM)natachan Wrote:  "I think he made it clear that the devil talked to him in a dream, but he believes it was "God", same as with my friend who spoke to "God/devil/nothing"."

I see. And how is this any less nutters?

The guy probably suffers from temporal lobe epilepsy. Such people have a hard time distinguishing reality from imagination, and 'divine' visions are not uncommon.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
13-02-2014, 08:47 AM
(11-02-2014 09:00 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Interesting statement Drich. A couple questions: Who else would speak to a person in visions, such as what happened in this story?
Satan and his angels also speak to people this way. Two prime examples are mormonism and Islam.

Quote:How would one know if it was false and not worthy to act on or take with any validity?
We take the revelation given and compare to what Scripture says. If the Dream/vision differs then the revelation given no matter how wonderous is not from the God of the bible. Fore the same holy Spirit who wrote the bible would be the same deity giving you a dream/vision, and would not contradict the revelation of the Father found in the Bible.

Quote:Have you or anyone you know had a vision or revelation from God that was not perfectly aligned with a scripture?
I don't know of anyone personally who has had a dream of vision besides me.

Quote: I mean if God told or guided you to get a new career and move to another country, would you follow the path even though no scripture talks about your damn career path?
If God is not being glorified in some way by your relocation then I would say it was just a dream.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
13-02-2014, 08:48 AM
(11-02-2014 09:18 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 09:00 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Interesting statement Drich. A couple questions: Who else would speak to a person in visions, such as what happened in this story? How would one know if it was false and not worthy to act on or take with any validity? Have you or anyone you know had a vision or revelation from God that was not perfectly aligned with a scripture? I mean if God told or guided you to get a new career and move to another country, would you follow the path even though no scripture talks about your damn career path?

You can draw conclusions from the Bible though. I mean Jesus didn't start preaching until he was in his 30s. I don't know if he was just signing on until then but I'd assume he had at least done a bit of college and at least got his NVQ level 3 carpentry. ... The Bible is also very pro fisherman. ... I'm sure tax collectors and slavers feature in there too so there are some excellent opportunities for scripturally inspired career paths Drinking Beverage

Jewish tradition at the time put a Rabbi/teacher's age at 33. Before then He would have been dismissed.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
13-02-2014, 09:11 AM
(11-02-2014 09:54 AM)joben1 Wrote:  So it was pure luck that the only thing you knew to do was exactly the thing that was required of you when Asking.
Not luck it is what all of us have been asked to do. We are to be responsiable to what we have been given over to understand nothing more and absolutly nothing less.

Quote:Do you do the lotto?
Not anymore Wink

Quote:1. How do you know this?
The book of acts. Saul stoned Christians, Christ blinded him to get his attention, he was faithful and followed Christ, his sight returned and was given the name of Paul. He is now referred to the Apstole to the Gentiles because of his works.

Quote:2. If true, how do you know it wasn't just a dream? Just like yours.
The inpact and depth in which Paul the apstole could effect lives. I would saythe vast majority of Christians are Christians because of what Paul taught.

Quote:Well a lot of members here do the equivalent of that here on a nearly daily basis, and a lot of them are ex christians so presumably, adding all that together, have done your A/S/K route until they are blue in the face. Obviously doesn't work.
Quote:Because there is an element missing in their efforts. Humility.

Quote:And you know this how?
Because I have spent the last 6 years talking with people who fit this description.

Quote:Who knows? You certainly don't.
Actaully all any need do is inspect the 'fruit' of that person's life. What has he/she done. what are their expressed beliefs.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

13-02-2014, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2014 09:23 AM by Timber1025.)
The fruits of my life, a lifelong athiest, have been great in my view or any other persons standards so far...so you are stating nothing but made up BULLSHIT!

I also know many Bible toting Christians that have disrespectful kids, unrewarding careers, horrible social lives, and just plain bad attitudes. Ahhhh, the fruits of a persons life. Oh, I know, not elightened or saved in the way you know. BULLSHIT!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
13-02-2014, 09:32 AM
(13-02-2014 08:47 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 09:00 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Interesting statement Drich. A couple questions: Who else would speak to a person in visions, such as what happened in this story?
Satan and his angels also speak to people this way. Two prime examples are mormonism and Islam.
I am LDS. Just a curiosity. How do you know that Mormonism or Islam is a case when Satan spoke to a person?

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection