Questions???

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
05-02-2014, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 05:11 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
RE: Questions???
(05-02-2014 04:44 PM)meremortal Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 04:41 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  And on that note, anyone have any questions for me about Pinocchio?

Yes. What's with the nose thing? Ever since she watched that, my girlfriend wants me to lie to her all the time now...

I do believe you've answered your own question. His nose use to grow whenever he told a lie, which you alluded to. However Pinocchio is no longer able to proform this feet, as upon becoming a real boy, he ended up having a real nose. And real noses do not grow.

Also, as Pinocchio became a real boy, he also eventually became a real man, then a real old man, then a real sick, old man, then a real dead man. Pinocchio is no longer alive.

Ironically, had he remained a marionette, fake wooden boy, he would still be alive today.

~So saith Jiminy~

P.S. Yes, if you had a wooden nose, it would be handy for use in cunniligus, as you also alluded to.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
05-02-2014, 05:04 PM
Okay, Drich. I've got a pair of questions for you, which if you answer will probably provoke some follow-up questions from me.

What initially led you to believe in whichever-flavor-of-Christianity you believe in, and would you accept that level of evidence/persuasiveness/argument/whatever as a basis to believe anything else?
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
05-02-2014, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 05:12 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
(05-02-2014 04:48 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 04:44 PM)meremortal Wrote:  Yes. What's with the nose thing? Ever since she watched that, my girlfriend wants me to lie to her all the time now...

And how are we supposed to know the real "truth" with your nose growing in mysterious ways?

You are not supposed to know “real truth” from the nose of Penocchio. The nose is not about truth. It's about lies. The nose cannot provide you with truth, only expose lies.

But indirectly it can expose the truth, by eliminating lies.

But I believe the heart of your question was "real truth", meaning what if he tells a what he believes is a lie, but it turns out to be true in reality, or he tells what he believes is the truth, but it turns out to not be true in reality.

There is a flaw in this. It only grows in response to Pinocchio telling a lie he knows he is lying about, or believes he's lying about. For instance, if you asked Pinocchio, "How much cash do I have in my pocket?" if he guessed wrong his nose would not grow, nor would it grow if he guessed right. That's because he's not lying, he's guessing. If you asked, "Pinocchio, do you know that is the correct amount of money in my pocket" and he said yes, then it would grow, because he knows he is lying about knowing.

So you can't us his nose to, say, predict who will win next year’s Super Bowl, for example, by asking him to say the name of every team in the NFL and see what happens. His nose does not work that way. You cannot reveal great mysteries of the universe through his nose. Only whether or not Penocchio himself is lying.

~So saith Jiminy~

[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
05-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Epicurus nailed the concept of 'god' 2,500 years ago, Drippy. A mental midget like you with your Big Book of Bullshit is no threat to his legacy.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post
05-02-2014, 05:56 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 08:43 PM by Full Circle.)
How to defeat the Epicurus Parodox - first you must spell it right

God does not love everyone - God doesn't love anyone because God doesn't exist

Hell - a small village on Grand Cayman Island

Messengers/angels - FedEx/Charlie's

Is God truly Omni-max? - Is Mel truly Mad-max?

Freewill and what the bible has to say about it - Free Willy and what the bible has to say about him

Which church is the right one out of 30,000 different expressions of Christanity - None, it's a trick question

Sin/repentance and what it truly means - Priest get to diddle children and the church says they'll still get into heaven

Homosexuality, is it a sin - Not if you are a Catholic priest

Genesis over view - Genesis I'm over you

(these are a few I have more if you like.) - cool bro

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
05-02-2014, 05:59 PM
@DRich, I posted this on your intro thread, but maybe you haven't seen it, so I'll repost it here:

@DRich, I have a question for you, which forms part of the reason why I favour deism to Christianity. I would be interested to hear your answer to it.

Why would God rely on written words in a book to carry his word to the people of the world?

I'll elaborate a little bit on why I pose this question.

First of all, there is no such thing as an international language. Any word of God published in a book is going to inevitably require translation for most of the people of the world to be able to understand it, and any translation is going to be fallible because it is done by human hands.

Second of all, God knows the skepticism that exists in humankind. Why would he put his word in a book, when humans know that books can be forged and that the words written by other humans can be lies? Wouldn't he trust his word to be conveyed to humans in a way where he knows that humans would be able to know for sure that the word came from God? After all, how do we know that one of the books that slipped into the Bible wasn't the work of a fraud, who tried to pass off his own work as the word of God?

Third, why would God send his message to only some and not all of the people's of the world? By appearing as a man to the Israelites he could certainly pass on his word to them, but why did he not favour the Peruvian natives in the same way? Why would he not bring his word to all the nations of the world, who at that time in history often didn't know of each other's existence at all?

Anyways, I'm interested to know your answer. For me, those questions are part of the reason why I am a deist. I believe that God speaks to man through his creation, the Universe, which constitutes a universal language that is available for everyone to see, cannot be forged and does not require interpretation into any particular human language. We can learn everything we need to know about God through the combination of the intelligence with which he endowed us, the senses he has given us and his word as expressed through the universe that he created.
[+] 1 user Likes lookingforanswers's post
05-02-2014, 08:42 PM
(05-02-2014 04:41 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 04:38 PM)meremortal Wrote:  You have yet to establish a god exists, much less the bible god. All of the above questions are meaningless unless you can establish this.

So I will change your question about which church is the right one to - which god is the right one? and if you could establish that, then, which religion worshipping that god is the right one? (assuming you could first show by evidence that there is any god at all).

And on that note, anyone have any questions for me about Pinocchio?
YES!
Just how does that lying/nose thing work?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
05-02-2014, 09:08 PM
(05-02-2014 05:07 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 04:48 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  And how are we supposed to know the real "truth" with your nose growing in mysterious ways?

You are not supposed to know “real truth” from the nose of Penocchio. The nose is not about truth. It's about lies. The nose cannot provide you with truth, only expose lies.

But indirectly it can expose the truth, by eliminating lies.

But I believe the heart of your question was "real truth", meaning what if he tells a what he believes is a lie, but it turns out to be true in reality, or he tells what he believes is the truth, but it turns out to not be true in reality.

There is a flaw in this. It only grows in response to Pinocchio telling a lie he knows he is lying about, or believes he's lying about. For instance, if you asked Pinocchio, "How much cash do I have in my pocket?" if he guessed wrong his nose would not grow, nor would it grow if he guessed right. That's because he's not lying, he's guessing. If you asked, "Pinocchio, do you know that is the correct amount of money in my pocket" and he said yes, then it would grow, because he knows he is lying about knowing.

So you can't us his nose to, say, predict who will win next year’s Super Bowl, for example, by asking him to say the name of every team in the NFL and see what happens. His nose does not work that way. You cannot reveal great mysteries of the universe through his nose. Only whether or not Penocchio himself is lying.

~So saith Jiminy~

OK, clear as mud so I'll buy it! So if Jiminy asked Penocchio if he evolved, or was created as a cricket, would the response cause his nose to grow?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
05-02-2014, 09:18 PM
(05-02-2014 04:46 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I was planning on starting my own questions thread, but with a twist. Would you be willing to provide answers on it?

It depends on the twist.
05-02-2014, 09:23 PM
(05-02-2014 05:04 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Okay, Drich. I've got a pair of questions for you, which if you answer will probably provoke some follow-up questions from me.

What initially led you to believe in whichever-flavor-of-Christianity you believe in, and would you accept that level of evidence/persuasiveness/argument/whatever as a basis to believe anything else?

I hate to disappoint but I do not have a specific flavor. I goto a church, but I could just as easy go to anyother Jesus Christ centered church.

The reason why is going to be in my 'which of the 30,000 expressions of Christianity is right.' Thread.