Questions???

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
05-02-2014, 10:45 PM
RE: Questions???
(05-02-2014 09:23 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 05:04 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Okay, Drich. I've got a pair of questions for you, which if you answer will probably provoke some follow-up questions from me.

What initially led you to believe in whichever-flavor-of-Christianity you believe in, and would you accept that level of evidence/persuasiveness/argument/whatever as a basis to believe anything else?

I hate to disappoint but I do not have a specific flavor. I goto a church, but I could just as easy go to anyother Jesus Christ centered church.

The reason why is going to be in my 'which of the 30,000 expressions of Christianity is right.' Thread.

I can see how the way I phrased that question was ambiguous and misleading, so I'll rephrase.

What initially lead you to believe in ANY form of Christianity, and would you accept that sort of evidence/persuasiveness/argument/whatever as a basis to believe anything else?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 10:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 10:57 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
(05-02-2014 09:08 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  OK, clear as mud so I'll buy it! So if Jiminy asked Penocchio if he evolved, or was created as a cricket, would the response cause his nose to grow?

It would depend on if Penocchio was lying. If Penocchio knew the answer, or at least believed he did, and answered it differently than he believed the answer to be, then yes his nose would grow.

However if he answered it the way he believed the answer to be, than no it wouldn't. It wouldn't grow even if he was wrong, because one cannot lie unless one knows or believes there is a strong enough probability that they are wrong.

It's like George Costanza says...

05-02-2014, 11:07 PM
(05-02-2014 10:45 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 08:42 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  YES!
Just how does that lying/nose thing work?

I explained that in response #13.

You explained what happens, not how it happens, dammit!

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
05-02-2014, 11:10 PM
(05-02-2014 11:07 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 10:45 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I explained that in response #13.

You explained what happens, not how it happens, dammit!

Oh, I see what your asking.

It's magic.

05-02-2014, 11:17 PM
I retyped the last post from scratch because I thought it was lost.
05-02-2014, 11:19 PM
05-02-2014, 11:20 PM
(05-02-2014 11:10 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 11:07 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You explained what happens, not how it happens, dammit!

Oh, I see what your asking.

It's magic.

Harry Potter magic? Wicked Witch of the West magic? Sabrina magic? I'm losing sleep over this, dude!

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
05-02-2014, 11:22 PM
(05-02-2014 10:45 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 09:23 PM)Drich Wrote:  I hate to disappoint but I do not have a specific flavor. I goto a church, but I could just as easy go to anyother Jesus Christ centered church.

The reason why is going to be in my 'which of the 30,000 expressions of Christianity is right.' Thread.

I can see how the way I phrased that question was ambiguous and misleading, so I'll rephrase.

What initially lead you to believe in ANY form of Christianity, and would you accept that sort of evidence/persuasiveness/argument/whatever as a basis to believe anything else?

That will be my next thread.
05-02-2014, 11:28 PM
(05-02-2014 11:20 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 11:10 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Oh, I see what your asking.

It's magic.

Harry Potter magic? Wicked Witch of the West magic? Sabrina magic? I'm losing sleep over this, dude!

Of course not! That would be ridiculous!

It was the magic Blue Fairy. She tapped him on his head with her magic wand, and that's how the magic entered him to cause him to come to life. It's very clear when you think about it really.

So that's where the magic came from that makes his nose grow. The reason his nose was magiced to grow when telling a lie was because he could only become a real boy if he learned right from wrong. So she make his nose grow when he lied to help teach him to stay on the right path. Otherwise how else would he know if he was telling a lie? It was for his own good really. Surly you can see that.

Also, it's that same magic from the Blue Fairy that gave Jiminy his clothes he wears (his little suit and hat) and made him Pinocchio's external conscience, as a magic guide on his journey.

05-02-2014, 11:28 PM
(05-02-2014 04:41 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  And on that note, anyone have any questions for me about Pinocchio?

Yes, was it really his nose that grew?

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.