Questions???

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
05-02-2014, 11:31 PM
RE: Questions???
(05-02-2014 11:28 PM)toadaly Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 04:41 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  And on that note, anyone have any questions for me about Pinocchio?

Yes, was it really his nose that grew?

Yes, yes it was.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 11:33 PM
(05-02-2014 04:14 PM)Drich Wrote:  I know you have ask a theist sticky already, but I wanted to take this time to ask you all if anyone had any questions before I stirred this pot again...

Maybe you mean well, but honestly, a lot of us here are former theists, so we don't have a lot of questions for theists, and by now, you should realize no-one is even taking the OP seriously. We tend to kinda sorta remember the apologetics and claptrap like a hazy nightmare.

It might be more productive if you present a challenge instead....and if not more productive, at least more mean spiritted and fun.Evil_monster

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 6 users Like toadaly's post
06-02-2014, 12:00 AM
(05-02-2014 11:33 PM)toadaly Wrote:  Maybe you mean well, but honestly, a lot of us here are former theists, so we don't have a lot of questions for theists, and by now, you should realize no-one is even taking the OP seriously. We tend to kinda sorta remember the apologetics and claptrap like a hazy nightmare.

Love the line. Thumbsup

I'm not sure Drich gets this. It sounds like he's approaching this as though none of us have gone through years of self examination, ostracism and everything else that a painful deconversion entails. He's going to wave his magic wand, say a few incantations and PRESTO! We all go back to the fold and drink more kool-aid.

@Drich, fuck you...no disrespect (you gotta say this with a New Yorker's accent).

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
06-02-2014, 12:04 AM
(06-02-2014 12:00 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  @Drich, fuck you...no disrespect (you gotta say this with a New Yorker's accent).

Next time, just post this... Tongue

[Image: I-hide-behind-sarcasm-because-telling-yo...tions1.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
06-02-2014, 12:14 AM
(06-02-2014 12:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 12:00 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  @Drich, fuck you...no disrespect (you gotta say this with a New Yorker's accent).

Next time, just post this... Tongue

[Image: I-hide-behind-sarcasm-because-telling-yo...tions1.jpg]

BUT...here in our little corner of the interwebz universe...a hearty fuck you in my opinion is considered de rigueur and shows a bit of panache if you will.
I find that as long as I don't abuse the lovely term and cheapen it by overuse it is one of the most elegant ways to express my heartfelt disapproval. (Note sarcasm Tongue )

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
06-02-2014, 06:49 AM
Drich - any questions you want to ask, go ahead and ask. We will to try to inform you with the best answers we can and if we don't know the answer, we'll say "we don't know".

Your education is very important.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
06-02-2014, 08:05 AM
(05-02-2014 04:14 PM)Drich Wrote:  I know you have ask a theist sticky already, but I wanted to take this time to ask you all if anyone had any questions before I stirred this pot again...

If not then maybe you could tell me what intrest you the most:

How to defeat the Epicurus Parodox

God does not love everyone

Hell

Messengers/angels

Is God truly Omni-max?

Freewill and what the bible has to say about it

Which church is the right one out of 30,000 different expressions of Christanity

Sin/repentance and what it truly means

Homosexuality, is it a sin

Genesis over view

(these are a few I have more if you like.)

Why did Jebus put an "s" in the word lisp ?
Why do humans get belly button lint ?
Both FAR more important questions than the crap posed above.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
06-02-2014, 08:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2014 08:27 AM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(05-02-2014 11:28 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 11:20 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Harry Potter magic? Wicked Witch of the West magic? Sabrina magic? I'm losing sleep over this, dude!

Of course not! That would be ridiculous!

It was the magic Blue Fairy. She tapped him on his head with her magic wand, and that's how the magic entered him to cause him to come to life. It's very clear when you think about it really.

So that's where the magic came from that makes his nose grow. The reason his nose was magiced to grow when telling a lie was because he could only become a real boy if he learned right from wrong. So she make his nose grow when he lied to help teach him to stay on the right path. Otherwise how else would he know if he was telling a lie? It was for his own good really. Surly you can see that.

Also, it's that same magic from the Blue Fairy that gave Jiminy his clothes he wears (his little suit and hat) and made him Pinocchio's external conscience, as a magic guide on his journey.

But what's the point of becoming a real boy if your nose is six feet long? No

And why didn't the Blue Fairy magick Pinocchio into a state where he knew right from wrong and be done with it? Seems like an awful stupid Blue Fairy. Quite not unlike a certain other Blue Fairy we keep hearing so much about.....Dodgy

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
06-02-2014, 08:31 AM
(05-02-2014 11:33 PM)toadaly Wrote:  

Maybe you mean well, but honestly, a lot of us here are former theists, so we don't have a lot of questions for theists, and by now, you should realize no-one is even taking the OP seriously. We tend to kinda sorta remember the apologetics and claptrap like a hazy nightmare.

It might be more productive if you present a challenge instead....and if not more productive, at least more mean spiritted and fun.Evil_monster

What I hope to do over the comming months, is to show you the contrast between biblical Christianity and what 'Most of the theist' believe Christianity to be.
06-02-2014, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2014 11:17 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(06-02-2014 08:31 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 11:33 PM)toadaly Wrote:  Maybe you mean well, but honestly, a lot of us here are former theists, so we don't have a lot of questions for theists, and by now, you should realize no-one is even taking the OP seriously. We tend to kinda sorta remember the apologetics and claptrap like a hazy nightmare.

What I hope to do over the comming months, is to show you the contrast between biblical Christianity and what 'Most of the theist' believe Christianity to be.

Go away. "Do it" somewhere else. You are clearly incompetent to even begin the task. You STILL have not addressed where and how you obtained you education on these matters. "Coming" has one "m". Anyone with YOUR education, (or lack thereof) is incapable of doing anything. Of course what YOU believe is "Biblical" Christianity. How can someone with no education concerning the Bible talk about the Bible ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche