Questions???

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
06-02-2014, 06:39 PM
RE: Questions???
(06-02-2014 02:14 PM)toadaly Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 08:31 AM)Drich Wrote:  What I hope to do over the comming months, is to show you the contrast between biblical Christianity and what 'Most of the theist' believe Christianity to be.

What makes you think that I, or others here, don't already know these differences?

By what I have read so far.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2014, 06:41 PM
(06-02-2014 06:39 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 02:14 PM)toadaly Wrote:  What makes you think that I, or others here, don't already know these differences?

By what I have read so far.

Would you kindly give us examples?
As you said before, one liners aren't enough.

Atir aissom atir imon
06-02-2014, 06:50 PM
(06-02-2014 06:41 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 06:39 PM)Drich Wrote:  By what I have read so far.

Would you kindly give us examples?

I'm not digging through all that mess again. If you want provide your own quotes and I can tell you what is wrong with it.
06-02-2014, 07:05 PM
(06-02-2014 06:50 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 06:41 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Would you kindly give us examples?

I'm not digging through all that mess again. If you want provide your own quotes and I can tell you what is wrong with it.

I'm not the one with something to prove nor am I making a claim. That's your responsibility.

You made the claim, back it up. I don't think this is unfair...

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post
06-02-2014, 07:18 PM
(06-02-2014 08:31 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 11:33 PM)toadaly Wrote:  Maybe you mean well, but honestly, a lot of us here are former theists, so we don't have a lot of questions for theists, and by now, you should realize no-one is even taking the OP seriously. We tend to kinda sorta remember the apologetics and claptrap like a hazy nightmare.

It might be more productive if you present a challenge instead....and if not more productive, at least more mean spiritted and fun.Evil_monster

What I hope to do over the comming months, is to show you the contrast between biblical Christianity and what 'Most of the theist' believe Christianity to be.

Jesus, dude. A bunch of us were in what you call "biblical" christianity. We already know all the bullshit you are going to spout. A lot of us believed if for a good portion of our lives. We freed ourselves, and there's no way in "hell" we're going back. So stop.
[+] 2 users Like meremortal's post
06-02-2014, 07:21 PM
(06-02-2014 10:14 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 08:23 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  But what's the point of becoming a real boy if your nose is six feet long? No

And why didn't the Blue Fairy magick Pinocchio into a state where he knew right from wrong and be done with it? Seems like an awful stupid Blue Fairy. Quite not unlike a certain other Blue Fairy we keep hearing so much about.....Dodgy

First of all, you are misconstruing something, as most typical Apinocchioist tend to do.

His nose clearly did not continue growing after he became a real boy. That was the whole point of the ordeal he was put through. While he was a living wooden, marionette, his nose growing was only for the purpose of learning right from wrong, in the form of lying. So that he could eventually learn to be good enough of a fake wooden boy to earn the right to be a real little boy. Once turned into a real boy, what need would he have for a nose to test him? He’s already proved himself. So no, his nose stopped growing as a real boy. Plus, by this point he ascended into perfection through his sacrifice, death, and resurrection, by the magic Blue Fairy, ‘wings be upon her’, and never told a lie again anyway.

If the magic Blue Fairy, 'wings be upon her', simply made gave him life already with the knowledge of right from wrong built in, it would have taken his free will away. We don't want him to just be some mindless puppet, with his "strings" being pulled and controled by some higher power controlling his every action and movement from up above him, do we? No, Pinocchio is about free will and choice, morals, being a good little boy, and the power of the ever lasting magic Blue Fairy,'wings be upon her'. Without Pinocchio and the magic Blue Fairy,'wings be upon her', I ask you were would we get our morals from?

Are you saying you would prefer a world in which just any wooden marionette gets full real boyhood rights without a trial phase? The world would turn to madness if that happened. Real boys who never developed morals or empathy for anyone or anything, running the streets murdering, robbing, and raping! Not the world I want to live in! How else do you expect Pinocchio to learn good from evil...by guessing? No the magic Blue Fairy, ‘wings be upon her’, knows what she’s doing. Do not question the magic Blue Fairy, ‘wings be upon her’. It had to be this way so that he could learn first and be prepared for real boyhood.

Yes, clearly Geppetto created him to be tested in his first life as a puppet, to prove that he was worthy of the next life.

The Blue Fairy "wings be upon her" - Bowing
[+] 1 user Likes meremortal's post
06-02-2014, 07:24 PM
(06-02-2014 10:14 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 08:23 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  But what's the point of becoming a real boy if your nose is six feet long? No

And why didn't the Blue Fairy magick Pinocchio into a state where he knew right from wrong and be done with it? Seems like an awful stupid Blue Fairy. Quite not unlike a certain other Blue Fairy we keep hearing so much about.....Dodgy

First of all, you are misconstruing something, as most typical Apinocchioist tend to do.

His nose clearly did not continue growing after he became a real boy. That was the whole point of the ordeal he was put through. While he was a living wooden, marionette, his nose growing was only for the purpose of learning right from wrong, in the form of lying. So that he could eventually learn to be good enough of a fake wooden boy to earn the right to be a real little boy. Once turned into a real boy, what need would he have for a nose to test him? He’s already proved himself. So no, his nose stopped growing as a real boy. Plus, by this point he ascended into perfection through his sacrifice, death, and resurrection, by the magic Blue Fairy, ‘wings be upon her’, and never told a lie again anyway.

If the magic Blue Fairy, 'wings be upon her', simply made gave him life already with the knowledge of right from wrong built in, it would have taken his free will away. We don't want him to just be some mindless puppet, with his "strings" being pulled and controled by some higher power controlling his every action and movement from up above him, do we? No, Pinocchio is about free will and choice, morals, being a good little boy, and the power of the ever lasting magic Blue Fairy,'wings be upon her'. Without Pinocchio and the magic Blue Fairy,'wings be upon her', I ask you were would we get our morals from?

Are you saying you would prefer a world in which just any wooden marionette gets full real boyhood rights without a trial phase? The world would turn to madness if that happened. Real boys who never developed morals or empathy for anyone or anything, running the streets murdering, robbing, and raping! Not the world I want to live in! How else do you expect Pinocchio to learn good from evil...by guessing? No the magic Blue Fairy, ‘wings be upon her’, knows what she’s doing. Do not question the magic Blue Fairy, ‘wings be upon her’. It had to be this way so that he could learn first and be prepared for real boyhood.

So does that make Jiminy Cricket the Holy Spirit?
06-02-2014, 07:42 PM

Well, ok I guess, but it's rare for us to discuss Bible based Christianity vs. what most think Christianity is. It pretty much only comes up if someone like you comes along wanting to highlight the differences. But that doesn't imply we are unaware.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
06-02-2014, 08:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2014 08:11 PM by Drich.)
(06-02-2014 07:05 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 06:50 PM)Drich Wrote:  I'm not digging through all that mess again. If you want provide your own quotes and I can tell you what is wrong with it.

I'm not the one with something to prove nor am I making a claim. That's your responsibility.

You made the claim, back it up. I don't think this is unfair...

Sorry sport 'I don't go chase'n water falls.' My thread my rules. I made an offer, if you want proof you will take me up on that offer.. If not then you will go without... Do you see a parallel any where?-or- you can just wait till the next time something of the bible is misrepresented.
06-02-2014, 08:03 PM
(06-02-2014 07:42 PM)toadaly Wrote:  

Well, ok I guess, but it's rare for us to discuss Bible based Christianity vs. what most think Christianity is. It pretty much only comes up if someone like you comes along wanting to highlight the differences. But that doesn't imply we are unaware.

Ok, are there any conditions for salvation?