Questions???

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
06-02-2014, 10:46 PM
RE: Questions???
(06-02-2014 08:03 PM)Drich Wrote:  Ok, are there any conditions for salvation?

From a Biblical perspective, yes and no. On the one hand Jesus says he has come to be the savior of all, and on the other hand he talks of only those who follow him as being saved, and he also speaks of those being saved as being chosen. It's a muddled mess, which is why there are so many different denominations all claiming to be Biblically based.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2014, 10:49 PM
(06-02-2014 10:16 PM)natachan Wrote:  You want questions. Ok.

Given the circumstances surrounding its conception, how can we know objectively whether or not to trust the bible?
It meaning what?

Quote:How do you justify the subjugation of women in Christianity?
Clarify please I don't know of a instance of subjugation in Christianity if you mean the word to mean this: to defeat and gain control of (someone or something) by the use of force : to conquer and gain the obedience of (a group of people, a country, etc.)
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/subjugate

Quote:Do you believe the church has the moral standing to be proselytizing with so many internal troubles or should they be cleaning up their own house first?
'The Church' Is not defined by the clergy. the 'Church, is the Body of believers the People. Not a building nor a heiarchy or fellowship of leaders/teachers.
'We' the church are made up of many and as such will always be in a constant state of sin, repentance and forgiveness. If we all waited till we 'sinned no more,' Then it would be too late for everyone.

so no The Church/Body of Christ should not wait for one fellowship of believers (no matter how big they think themselves to be) to get their crap together before we seek and saved the lost.

Quote:Too hard? Ok, the easy ones.
Laughat

Quote:Do you believe in things that are demonstrably false

yes
Quote:Do you believe in things that are impossible, such as miracles?
Define miracles. Many on this website have missed used the term, and I am not sure if you are one of them or not.
[+] 1 user Likes Drich's post
06-02-2014, 10:59 PM
(06-02-2014 10:49 PM)D-Bag Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 10:16 PM)natachan Wrote:  Do you believe in things that are demonstrably false

yes

HoboLaughat

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
06-02-2014, 11:07 PM
(06-02-2014 10:59 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 10:49 PM)D-Bag Wrote:  yes

HoboLaughat

Just go home already... Banana_zorro

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
06-02-2014, 11:13 PM
Quote:It meaning what?

You know damn well. This is the third time at least that I've asked this question. Stop evading it.

Quote:Clarify please I don't know of a instance of subjugation in Christianity if you mean the word to mean this: to defeat and gain control of (someone or something) by the use of force : to conquer and gain the obedience of (a group of people, a country, etc.)

You're either deeply stupid or being dishonest. Women in Christianity are treated as second class, or as less than men. In fact the encyclopedia of religion and ethics which I found in the university library the other day is explicit on this. The woman is less than her husband.

Quote:
Quote:Do you believe in things that are demonstrably false
Yes

Quote:Define miracles. Many on this website have missed used the term, and I am not sure if you are one of them or not.

Miracles are things that are logically impossible. The virgin birth, Jesus walking on water, etc. but your answer to the other question answers this one.
06-02-2014, 11:18 PM
(06-02-2014 10:46 PM)toadaly Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 08:03 PM)Drich Wrote:  Ok, are there any conditions for salvation?

From a Biblical perspective, yes and no. On the one hand Jesus says he has come to be the savior of all, and on the other hand he talks of only those who follow him as being saved, and he also speaks of those being saved as being chosen. It's a muddled mess, which is why there are so many different denominations all claiming to be Biblically based.

If you like I can ask 6 more questions that will put you in a similar position where you can not give a definitive answer to a direct question. Or we can move on which will have me point out that while you can identify principles in Christianity your not in a position to give an exegesis of Scripture.. Which means you haven't heard it all and you don't know everything I am going to say. Otherwise you would have been able to point to this answer when asked about salvation:

The word 'Saved' points to a acts that has already happened. As we are all still alive we have not technically been saved from anything. The only people truly 'saved from Hell' are those who have passed judgement. In this life we are followers of Christ. This whole principle is underscored by the scripture itself. when ever salvation is mentioned or it talks about being 'saved' the bible points to a future event. not something that will or has happened because you do xyz..

Over and over the bible says if you remain faithful to the end you will be saved.
or 'he who believes and is baptized WILL BE Saved.. One is not saved till he/she passes through the judgement of Christ. this fact also brings Mat 7 into focus where Christ say not all who cry out 'lord Lord' will I save. If you look at the passage you will see these people were not in name only Christians these guys were full on miracles and casting out demons heavy hitters, and yet all of their pomp and pageantry/religion and ceremony did not save them as they thought it would. Because clearly they did not follow Christ. because He will say 'away from me you evil doers.'
22 On that last Day many will call me Lord. They will say, ‘Lord, Lord, by the power of your name we spoke for God. And by your name we forced out demons and did many miracles.’ 23 Then I will tell those people clearly, ‘Get away from me, you people who do wrong. I never knew you.’

so what do we do? We A/S/K and strive to follow Christ loving our Lord God with all of our Being (Heart, Mind, Spirit and Strength) while loving our neighbor as ourselves. This is what The Father wants in us and this is what Christ will look for on that day when you stand before Him and realize there is nothing you can truly say if you did not do what God has asked of you.
06-02-2014, 11:20 PM
(06-02-2014 11:07 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 10:59 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  HoboLaughat

Just go home already... Banana_zorro

sinny I think he is talking to you.
06-02-2014, 11:29 PM
(06-02-2014 11:13 PM)natachan Wrote:  You know damn well. This is the third time at least that I've asked this question. Stop evading it.
I am chomping at the bit to break this question over your head. I am seriously wanting to answer your question in such away as to make you look foolish if I can. But in order to do that I need to know exactly what your asking, so I do not over step if their is merit in your question.

Quote:You're either deeply stupid or being dishonest. Women in Christianity are treated as second class, or as less than men. In fact the encyclopedia of religion and ethics which I found in the university library the other day is explicit on this. The woman is less than her husband.
But they are not. They have a role to play as we have a role to play. different does not mean less. We are to treat our wives as Christ Treats the Church. We must be willing to be beaten and die for her if need be, Christ also served those under him and those in what would become the church, this is the roles we have been made to play as Christians, So again I do not know what you are talking about when you say Men are supposed to subjugate their wives especially after posting that defination.. When has a master ever been beaten and died for a slave?

Quote:Yes

Quote:Miracles are things that are logically impossible. The virgin birth, Jesus walking on water, etc. but your answer to the other question answers this one.
Do you know before 1950 it was logically impossiable to goto the moon. Before 1980 it was logically impossiable for us to have this conversation.. Every thing is logically impossiable until someone does it. The fact that God did these things and we can not, speaks to the viability that He is God and we are not.
06-02-2014, 11:36 PM
(06-02-2014 11:20 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 11:07 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Just go home already... Banana_zorro

sinny I think he is talking to you.

Who's sinny?
And no, I meant you Drich Smile
Sorry for the confusion

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
06-02-2014, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2014 12:09 AM by morondog.)
Epicurus. Do you even see my posts ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post