Questions!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2017, 04:46 PM
Questions!
Hi, on my last thread I got asked some questions. If you still want to ask me something, I will be more than happy to answer it here. Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2017, 04:50 PM
RE: Questions!
Hi, Alyssa. Maybe you could quote the most interesting (to you) question you were asked on that thread, and answer it, to give this thread a direction?
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
26-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Hi, Alyssa!
Why do you want to know why some people don't believe in God?
Why do you believe in God?
What is God?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 2 users Like Alla's post
26-03-2017, 05:18 PM
Alyssa, let's imagine that every religious person has an invisible, intangible horn on their head and this horn represents a belief in a god.

I don't have a horn on my head and you want to know why.

Let's see...
I was born without a horn and I'm not gullible enough for someone to convince me that I have one.

Why do you have an invisible, intangible horn on your head ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 8 users Like Rahn127's post
26-03-2017, 06:26 PM
Questions!
I missed your other thread, so I'm going to assume you are a believer. Can you give your best reason for believing in something without any empirical evidence? If you believe in YHWH and Jesus, do you have any other invisible friends?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[+] 2 users Like Rachel's post
26-03-2017, 06:53 PM
(26-03-2017 04:46 PM)alyssa2017 Wrote:  Hi, on my last thread I got asked some questions. If you still want to ask me something, I will be more than happy to answer it here. Thank you!

Hi Alyssa,

How can we reliably distinguish between what you are calling God and something that you are merely imagining?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 2 users Like true scotsman's post
26-03-2017, 07:06 PM
What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 14 users Like evenheathen's post
26-03-2017, 07:10 PM
I appreciate that you’ve invited us to ask you questions, but I can ask questions to Christians just about any time I like. What might make your answers different from anyone else’s answers?
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
26-03-2017, 08:10 PM
What variety of Christianity do you follow? "Christian" is an unhelpfully broad term encompassing everything from evanelical extremists to liberal nondenomenationals.

Similarly, "atheist" doesn't tell you much. I am what most people describe as an agnostic atheist, which is shorthand for "I don't know that God doesn't exist but I don't believe in Him." Soft atheist, apatheist, ignostic, heathen, heretic and infidel also apply. Not that the labels mean much. I am a mineral exploration geologist specializing in geochemistry and geochronology. As you might imagine, I do not get along well with creationists.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
26-03-2017, 08:26 PM
(26-03-2017 07:06 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

> I'm not sure what you mean. Is that a European swallow or an American swallow? Knights who say NI!
[+] 8 users Like Gwaithmir's post