Questions!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2017, 04:04 AM
RE: Questions!
(27-03-2017 03:31 PM)alyssa2017 Wrote:  My faith will stand.

Your faith doesn't have a leg to stand on.
No support, no foundation, just lies you tell yourself.

Faith is not a pathway to truth.
Faith is when you give up on trying to discover truth.

Skyscrapers aren't built on faith.
It's engineering. It's science. It's truth.

Wake up

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Rahn127's post
28-03-2017, 05:05 AM
(28-03-2017 04:04 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Faith is not a pathway to truth.
I have been beating this drum since my deconversion. In what way does religious faith -- the acceptance of asserted truth without requiring evidence -- have any tendency to lead one towards truth? It can only be right twice a day, the same as a stopped clock.

Religious faith is a demonstrably failed epistemology.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post
28-03-2017, 05:50 AM
(28-03-2017 03:14 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(27-03-2017 03:31 PM)alyssa2017 Wrote:  My faith will stand.
Does that mean you proclaim not to change your mind? You arent open minded? You arent here for honest discussion? I wouldnt proclaim such things before i have heared the other persons argument
If your "faith will stand", then why are you here?
Whom are you telling this to? I have this strange feeling, you are telling this to yourself

She is here I suspect because she is a very young nieve newly and very heavy indoctrinated christian, overflowing with confidence that she perceives as an outpouring of the holy spirit and as such she is also convinced she just has to show up here give testimony and all the atheists will fall to their knees in the light of her brilliance and start worshiping Jesus. Drinking Beverage
Move over and pass the popcorn guys, although I suspect the movie is nearly over. Popcorn

Movie was over before it even started as her answers amount to I believe.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
28-03-2017, 07:40 AM
(28-03-2017 02:32 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(27-03-2017 09:52 PM)Astreja Wrote:  This, right here, is one of the primary reasons that I will never become a Christian. If it were up to me, there would be laws in place worldwide against such indoctrination. Frightening a child with tales of hellfire causes lasting psychological damage.

> When I was a kid back in the 1950's, fear was an essential part of Catholic indoctrination. I had serious problems with depression all through my youth. Sad

Hugs Gwaithmir

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
28-03-2017, 09:14 AM
I came to the realization that jesusism was a load of superstitious crap when I was 13. That was 55 years ago. Why would you think I still have questions? You are the one who thinks this story is real.

[Image: Christianity_-_Perfect_sence.jpg]

Perhaps the question you should ask yourself is, "Why?"

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
28-03-2017, 09:35 AM
Dang it, I think we blew it Dodgy Poor lil' Christian girl ain't gonna come back now...

Sorry Alyssa...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
28-03-2017, 10:03 AM
(28-03-2017 09:35 AM)morondog Wrote:  Dang it, I think we blew it Dodgy Poor lil' Christian girl ain't gonna come back now...

Sorry Alyssa...

One good question can make someone wonder about the answer for years -- let alone a hundred.

Blink
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
28-03-2017, 10:44 AM
(28-03-2017 09:35 AM)morondog Wrote:  Dang it, I think we blew it Dodgy Poor lil' Christian girl ain't gonna come back now...

Sorry Alyssa...
You never know she may yet return given the previous time gap between her posts, however if she has any sense maybe not, she may finally have realised this isn't going to be the cake walk she perhaps thought it would be. Overconfidence is a real clusterfuck bro.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
28-03-2017, 10:52 AM
(27-03-2017 10:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Poor thing.

I don't think she knew what she was stepping into.

Hi Alyssa. I'm the other Calvinist here.

Bit of advice: stay honest... don't bullshit... it's ok to say "I don't know"... be clear; don't mask answers with semantic, wordy crap... oh, and try to answer all questions thoroughly and in a timely manner.

I had a topic like this with 30K+ replies. It was exhausting. Good luck.

I remember that thread too. Big Grin

Who was that other Christian guy that was around back then, too? His name began with an E or something and he was kind of a bully. I'll have to look him up. Laugh out load
28-03-2017, 10:57 AM
(28-03-2017 10:52 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(27-03-2017 10:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Poor thing.

I don't think she knew what she was stepping into.

Hi Alyssa. I'm the other Calvinist here.

Bit of advice: stay honest... don't bullshit... it's ok to say "I don't know"... be clear; don't mask answers with semantic, wordy crap... oh, and try to answer all questions thoroughly and in a timely manner.

I had a topic like this with 30K+ replies. It was exhausting. Good luck.

I remember that thread too. Big Grin

Who was that other Christian guy that was around back then, too? His name began with an E or something and he was kind of a bully. I'll have to look him up. Laugh out load

Egor Laugh out load He was a certified fruitcake. Had a lil' bromance with KC for a while during one of his lucid episodes IIRC.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post