Questions!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2017, 08:37 PM
RE: Questions!
If I tell you that I have the following items for sale, can you assign a percentage to each one that shows how much you believe that I, in fact, possess each item.

Walking Stick - in very good condition. Asking $10
Antique Coffee table - slightly used. Asking $200
Rare Superman Comic Book - mint condition Asking $5000
Lamborghini - transmission is trashed Asking $75,000
Horse Stables & 50 acres of land Asking $100,000
Golden Gate Bridge - slightly used Asking $200
Unicorn - Fantastic condition. Asking $1,000
Must purchase special glasses for $200 before you can see said Unicorn.
Golden Mormon Plates - Asking 20% of your lifetime earnings. - They will be specially wrapped and stored for you in a Swiss bank vault under your name. You won't be able to view them, but our representatives at the bank will give you a signed deed of ownership and their professional assurance that the golden plates are in their vault.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 14 users Like Rahn127's post
26-03-2017, 09:05 PM
Does P=NP?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-03-2017, 09:28 PM
(26-03-2017 04:46 PM)alyssa2017 Wrote:  Hi, on my last thread I got asked some questions. If you still want to ask me something, I will be more than happy to answer it here. Thank you!

Hi Alyssa2017, just so you know, many of us here were raised within one religion or another. Chances are good that we have been there and done that long before you were indoctrinated into your faith.

With that being said I’ll ask you some questions.

Have you noticed that people adhere to the faith they were raised in? Why do you think that is? Do you think it is a coincidence that you are Christian the same as your parents? Do you think it is a coincidence that a child born into a Jewish family follows Judaism? A Muslim? A Hindu? A person without beliefs? If one religion were the One True ™ wouldn’t it be obvious? If not why not? Does a god play favorites? Does an omnipotent, all-knowing god mean to condemn some humans from the start? Have you noticed how regardless of what religion you believe in others believe in theirs just as strongly? Or not at all? At what age do you regard a person to be mature enough to make critical decisions? Should teaching a child articles of faith before they reach this age be considered indoctrination, abuse, both, neither?

Just some questions off the top of my head. I’ll think of others if you answer these.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 9 users Like Full Circle's post
26-03-2017, 09:28 PM
What's your favorite color?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
26-03-2017, 09:31 PM
How are you doing today?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
26-03-2017, 09:33 PM
(26-03-2017 09:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Does P=NP?

P->NP Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
26-03-2017, 11:24 PM
(26-03-2017 08:37 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  If I tell you that I have the following items for sale, can you assign a percentage to each one that shows how much you believe that I, in fact, possess each item.

Golden Mormon Plates - Asking 20% of your lifetime earnings. - They will be specially wrapped and stored for you in a Swiss bank vault under your name. You won't be able to view them, but our representatives at the bank will give you a signed deed of ownership and their professional assurance that the golden plates are in their vault.

Don't fall for it Alyssa! Rahn's had that Lamborghini on EBay for months now. Not only is the transmission worthless, the whole front end needs to be fixed. He hit the unicorn (fantastic condition my ass, it's roadkill) because he wasn't wearing his special glasses. Driving while under the influence of mythology. No

[Image: TREcebZMqX-8.png]

Fun fact: Unicorn Roadkill appears to be a variety of Cannabis. And that's another list I'm on.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 14 users Like Paleophyte's post
26-03-2017, 11:44 PM
Heya Smile

I think you've got enough questions right now, but I'll be interested to read some answers to the ones you've already been asked.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
26-03-2017, 11:52 PM
What practical difference does it make if our reality was designed? Other than curiosity, why should I care about the hypothetical designer?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-03-2017, 11:54 PM
(26-03-2017 08:37 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  If I tell you that I have the following items for sale, can you assign a percentage to each one that shows how much you believe that I, in fact, possess each item.

I'm still waiting for that bridge you sold me. Is it held up in the post?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post