Questions!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2017, 12:29 AM
RE: Questions!
(26-03-2017 11:54 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  
(26-03-2017 08:37 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  If I tell you that I have the following items for sale, can you assign a percentage to each one that shows how much you believe that I, in fact, possess each item.

Walking Stick - in very good condition. Asking $10
Antique Coffee table - slightly used. Asking $200
Rare Superman Comic Book - mint condition Asking $5000
Lamborghini - transmission is trashed Asking $75,000
Horse Stables & 50 acres of land Asking $100,000
Golden Gate Bridge - slightly used Asking $200
Unicorn - Fantastic condition. Asking $1,000
Must purchase special glasses for $200 before you can see said Unicorn.
Golden Mormon Plates - Asking 20% of your lifetime earnings. - They will be specially wrapped and stored for you in a Swiss bank vault under your name. You won't be able to view them, but our representatives at the bank will give you a signed deed of ownership and their professional assurance that the golden plates are in their vault.

I'm still waiting for that bridge you sold me. Is it held up in the post?

I believe I purchased the bridge. You sir are mistaken. I've got a signed contract for the delivery. Receipt and proof of purchase all fair and square. It's coming on Friday. Now I just need a harbour... Consider

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
27-03-2017, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2017 03:58 AM by Szuchow.)
Questions!
How can you love everyone without reducing this word to meaningless?

I can tell why I don't believe, as you said it is of interest to you in your intro thread. Indoctrination didn't stick. I also happened to read Edda in my young age and there wasn't much difference in regards to believability between two books of myths: Bible and Edda.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
27-03-2017, 03:53 AM
(26-03-2017 08:26 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(26-03-2017 07:06 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

> I'm not sure what you mean. Is that a European swallow or an American swallow? Knights who say NI!

I would imagine an American swallow is likely to be er.... heavierTongue Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
27-03-2017, 04:22 AM
[Image: il_570xN.444372853_a6u9.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
27-03-2017, 04:29 AM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2017 04:34 AM by Deesse23.)
(26-03-2017 07:06 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

European or African?

Edit: ok, someone already beat me to that Smile

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
27-03-2017, 06:14 AM
(27-03-2017 12:29 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-03-2017 11:54 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  I'm still waiting for that bridge you sold me. Is it held up in the post?

I believe I purchased the bridge. You sir are mistaken. I've got a signed contract for the delivery. Receipt and proof of purchase all fair and square. It's coming on Friday. Now I just need a harbour... Consider

I've got a harbour to sell you. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-03-2017, 06:19 AM
(27-03-2017 06:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-03-2017 12:29 AM)morondog Wrote:  I believe I purchased the bridge. You sir are mistaken. I've got a signed contract for the delivery. Receipt and proof of purchase all fair and square. It's coming on Friday. Now I just need a harbour... Consider

Right on the coast of Montana?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
27-03-2017, 06:29 AM
(26-03-2017 04:46 PM)alyssa2017 Wrote:  Hi, on my last thread I got asked some questions. If you still want to ask me something, I will be more than happy to answer it here. Thank you!

Since there are so many variations of Christianity, my question would be which one do you believe?

What questions do you have for us?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
27-03-2017, 06:47 AM
(27-03-2017 06:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-03-2017 12:29 AM)morondog Wrote:  I believe I purchased the bridge. You sir are mistaken. I've got a signed contract for the delivery. Receipt and proof of purchase all fair and square. It's coming on Friday. Now I just need a harbour... Consider

When can you deliver?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-03-2017, 07:29 AM
(26-03-2017 09:28 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(26-03-2017 04:46 PM)alyssa2017 Wrote:  Hi, on my last thread I got asked some questions. If you still want to ask me something, I will be more than happy to answer it here. Thank you!

Hi Alyssa2017, just so you know, many of us here were raised within one religion or another. Chances are good that we have been there and done that long before you were indoctrinated into your faith.

With that being said I’ll ask you some questions.

Have you noticed that people adhere to the faith they were raised in? Why do you think that is? Do you think it is a coincidence that you are Christian the same as your parents? Do you think it is a coincidence that a child born into a Jewish family follows Judaism? A Muslim? A Hindu? A person without beliefs? If one religion were the One True ™ wouldn’t it be obvious? If not why not? Does a god play favorites? Does an omnipotent, all-knowing god mean to condemn some humans from the start? Have you noticed how regardless of what religion you believe in others believe in theirs just as strongly? Or not at all? At what age do you regard a person to be mature enough to make critical decisions? Should teaching a child articles of faith before they reach this age be considered indoctrination, abuse, both, neither?

Just some questions off the top of my head. I’ll think of others if you answer these.

FC, have you been reading The God Delusion lately? This line of thought sounds suspiciously like a setup to Dawkins point that there is no such thing as an [insert religion] child, or his argument that geography and society have a lot to do with the choosing of people's faiths, that if I'm born in Salt Lake City to Mormon parents, I'll probably be Mormon. If born in the Middle East, to Muslim parents, I'd be a Muslim, etc.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post