Questions!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2017, 07:51 AM
RE: Questions!
(27-03-2017 12:29 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-03-2017 11:54 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  I'm still waiting for that bridge you sold me. Is it held up in the post?

I believe I purchased the bridge. You sir are mistaken. I've got a signed contract for the delivery. Receipt and proof of purchase all fair and square. It's coming on Friday. Now I just need a harbour... Consider

I have a beautiful bay for you to consider. It's called the Biscayna Bay, and it's located in tropical Southeast Miami-Dade County, of the state of Florida. I don't have any pictures to upload here, but if you want to get a good idea of what it looks like, you can google its sister body of water, Biscayne Bay. The Biscayna Bay is identical, minus an existing causeway.

I can sell it to you for $1,000 and for an additional $1,000, I can serve as your surrogate and coordinate with the bridge seller of your choosing to ship and unpack your bridge over your new, beautiful bay. The fee would, of course, include a deed to the land and pictures of the Biscayna Bay with your new bridge in place.
This is, of course, a service that I only provide to my most trusted and appreciated clients such as yourself.

I look forward to doing business with you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
27-03-2017, 07:56 AM
How did we go from asking questions to Alyssa to selling bridges? Consider

Has she even come back? Poor child.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
27-03-2017, 07:59 AM
(27-03-2017 07:29 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(26-03-2017 09:28 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Hi Alyssa2017, just so you know, many of us here were raised within one religion or another. Chances are good that we have been there and done that long before you were indoctrinated into your faith.

With that being said I’ll ask you some questions.

Have you noticed that people adhere to the faith they were raised in? Why do you think that is? Do you think it is a coincidence that you are Christian the same as your parents? Do you think it is a coincidence that a child born into a Jewish family follows Judaism? A Muslim? A Hindu? A person without beliefs? If one religion were the One True ™ wouldn’t it be obvious? If not why not? Does a god play favorites? Does an omnipotent, all-knowing god mean to condemn some humans from the start? Have you noticed how regardless of what religion you believe in others believe in theirs just as strongly? Or not at all? At what age do you regard a person to be mature enough to make critical decisions? Should teaching a child articles of faith before they reach this age be considered indoctrination, abuse, both, neither?

Just some questions off the top of my head. I’ll think of others if you answer these.

FC, have you been reading The God Delusion lately? This line of thought sounds suspiciously like a setup to Dawkins point that there is no such thing as an [insert religion] child, or his argument that geography and society have a lot to do with the choosing of people's faiths, that if I'm born in Salt Lake City to Mormon parents, I'll probably be Mormon. If born in the Middle East, to Muslim parents, I'd be a Muslim, etc.

I read it a long time ago. Stuff like that rattles around in my brain for years. Sleepy

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
27-03-2017, 08:15 AM
(27-03-2017 07:56 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  How did we go from asking questions to Alyssa to selling bridges? Consider

> I would think that, after all this silliness, she has abandoned the discussion. Blush
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
27-03-2017, 08:32 AM
(27-03-2017 07:51 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(27-03-2017 12:29 AM)morondog Wrote:  I believe I purchased the bridge. You sir are mistaken. I've got a signed contract for the delivery. Receipt and proof of purchase all fair and square. It's coming on Friday. Now I just need a harbour... Consider

I have a beautiful bay for you to consider. It's called the Biscayna Bay, and it's located in tropical Southeast Miami-Dade County, of the state of Florida. I don't have any pictures to upload here, but if you want to get a good idea of what it looks like, you can google its sister body of water, Biscayne Bay. The Biscayna Bay is identical, minus an existing causeway.

I can sell it to you for $1,000 and for an additional $1,000, I can serve as your surrogate and coordinate with the bridge seller of your choosing to ship and unpack your bridge over your new, beautiful bay. The fee would, of course, include a deed to the land and pictures of the Biscayna Bay with your new bridge in place.
This is, of course, a service that I only provide to my most trusted and appreciated clients such as yourself.

I look forward to doing business with you.

I am delighted and will transfer the money to you forthwith. Unfortunately living in Africa has its challenges and I'm forced to pay a small boy mounted on a zebra US$200 to ride to America and effect the money transfer for me. I could expedite this process if you would be kind enough to cover the US$200 zebra-jockey charge, which of course I will refund to you in addition to the US$2000 that I will be paying you. Simply address the money to NigerianPrince10976@totallynotafraud.com and send it by PayPal Smile

PS: Alyssa, sorry, we had a bit of fun in your thread Blush We are genuinely keen to hear from you though.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
27-03-2017, 08:40 AM
(27-03-2017 08:15 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(27-03-2017 07:56 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  How did we go from asking questions to Alyssa to selling bridges? Consider

> I would think that, after all this silliness, she has abandoned the discussion. Blush

She abandoned it before the silliness began. -Or maybe she had just turned in for the night and will be back to answer our questions after she wakes up. Worst case scenario is she wakes up to discover that we've got a good sense of humor and a well built bridge to sell her. Smile
[+] 7 users Like Aliza's post
27-03-2017, 08:49 AM
Granted I have never been in the industry, but I am pretty sure you cannot sell a bridge pre-made.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-03-2017, 08:51 AM
(27-03-2017 08:49 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Granted I have never been in the industry, but I am pretty sure you cannot sell a bridge pre-made.

And that's where you're wrong Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-03-2017, 08:54 AM
(27-03-2017 08:51 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-03-2017 08:49 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Granted I have never been in the industry, but I am pretty sure you cannot sell a bridge pre-made.

And that's where you're wrong Big Grin

I meant as in you can't just airlift a bridge into place lol they had to dismantle and rebuild thato ne.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-03-2017, 10:16 AM
(26-03-2017 09:28 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Have you noticed that people adhere to the faith they were raised in? Why do you think that is?

Because the function of a religion for most people is as a social system. (That shows how little people require to meet their social needs -- a few meager, cherry-picked ideas from outdated texts.)

Undecided