Questions That Led Me to Atheism #1

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-01-2014, 05:28 PM
RE: Questions That Led Me to Atheism #1
(10-11-2013 12:24 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  What are your thoughts on prayer?
I have different experience with prayers. Prayers are very important to me.
But what would I do if I was in your shoe? I don't know. Probably I would do the same thing you did.
I know what is right thing to do but it is easy to give an advice without having own experience.
So I won't give this advice.
I wish you all the best.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2014, 06:19 PM
(24-01-2014 03:53 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 03:47 PM)anidominus Wrote:  Homosexual behavior falls under adultery. I am not comparing it to murder. He commented that God doesn't love gays because he said to stone them. I was showing him where has also include the same punishment for other sins.

Name one nation who has embraced/accepted homosexuality for the last 2-3 hundred years who can tell us how well its worked out for them? We know homosexuality is nothing new because even the bible talks about it. So considering its been around 5,000 years we should at least have one country that can show us that it causes society no harm or at least has some benefits.

The US. It is the religious bigots and weak minded, insecure, self righteous dolts like you who place negative labels in place of acceptance. There has been no harm (as you say) done in states that outright elimated discrimination against homesexuality. Take a godd look at yourself to see where the harm is coming from.

So what you are saying is that round the world, people who think like me have prevented the successful implementation of acceptance of Homosexuality? Is that true or is it that any nation that does so collapses?
24-01-2014, 06:22 PM
(24-01-2014 04:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 03:47 PM)anidominus Wrote:  Homosexual behavior falls under adultery. I am not comparing it to murder. He commented that God doesn't love gays because he said to stone them. I was showing him where has also include the same punishment for other sins.

Name one nation who has embraced/accepted homosexuality for the last 2-3 hundred years who can tell us how well its worked out for them? We know homosexuality is nothing new because even the bible talks about it. So considering its been around 5,000 years we should at least have one country that can show us that it causes society no harm or at least has some benefits.

Please enlighten us with the facts as to the harm homosexuality is doing. Please support your assertions with objective evidence.

I don't know and don't want to find out. Perhaps you can help by answering the question I posed. Name one nation..... This way we an all know.
24-01-2014, 07:01 PM
(24-01-2014 06:22 PM)anidominus Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 04:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  Please enlighten us with the facts as to the harm homosexuality is doing. Please support your assertions with objective evidence.

I don't know and don't want to find out. Perhaps you can help by answering the question I posed. Name one nation..... This way we an all know.

Anidominus, to flip your question on its head, here is a list of countries that have criminalized (or to use your euphemism, have not embraced) homosexuality:
1 Algeria
2 Angola
3 Benin
4 Botswana
5 Burundi
6 Cameroon
7 Comoros
8 Egypt
9 Eritrea
10 Ethiopia
11 Gambia
12 Ghana
13 Guinea
14 Kenya
15 Lesotho
16 Liberia
17 Libya
18 Malawi
19 Mauritania
20 Mauritius
21 Morocco
22 Mozambique
23 Namibia
24 Nigeria
25 Sao Tome
26 Senegal
27 Seychelles
28 Sierra Leone
29 Somalia
30 South Sudan
31 Sudan
32 Swaziland
33 Tanzania
34 Togo
35 Tunisia
36 Uganda
37 Zambia
38 Zimbabwe
39 Afghanistan
40 Bangladesh
41 Bhutan
42 Brunei
43 India
44 Iran
45 Kuwait
46 Lebanon
47 Malaysia
48 Maldives
49 Myanmar
50 Oman
51 Pakistan
52 Palestine/Gaza Strip
53 Qatar
54 Saudi Arabia
55 Singapore
56 Sri Lanka
57 Syria
58 Turkmenistan
59 United Arab Emirates
60 Uzbekistan
61 Yemen

Which of these countries is flourishing by your definition?

Doc
[+] 2 users Like docskeptic's post
24-01-2014, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2014 07:27 PM by docskeptic.)
Anidominus,
Here is list of countries that have legalized (embraced) homosexuality:

Countries That Allow Gay Marriage

Argentina (2010)
Denmark (2012)
The Netherlands (2000)
South Africa (2006)
Belgium (2003)
England / Wales (2013)
New Zealand (2013)
Spain (2005)
Brazil (2013)
France (2013)
Norway (2009)
Sweden (2009)
Canada (2005)
Iceland (2010)
Portugal (2010)

Mexico (some jurisdictions)
United States (some jurisdictions)

The Canadians are, of course, responsible for inflicting Justin Bieber on the world, but they seem to be doing OK otherwise.

Doc
[+] 2 users Like docskeptic's post
24-01-2014, 09:53 PM
(24-01-2014 03:47 PM)anidominus Wrote:  Homosexual behavior falls under adultery.

No, it doesn't.

Adultery is sex between two people, AT LEAST ONE OF WHOM IS MARRIED AND NOT TO THE OTHER PARTY.

Why does an atheist have to school you on your own superstitions?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
24-01-2014, 10:22 PM
(24-01-2014 06:19 PM)anidominus Wrote:  So what you are saying is that round the world, people who think like me have prevented the successful implementation of acceptance of Homosexuality? Is that true or is it that any nation that does so collapses?

This is rather silly. The collapse of every nation is inevitable with the passage of time, regardless of the sexual practices of their citizens. Your statement is essentially meaningless, and even more so when one contemplates the existence of homosexuals for as long as history has been recorded.

I have to express my tedious feelings of amazement at hearing, yet again, that what human beings do in the privacy of their own beds, somehow has a direct effect on politics. This is on par with those who blame natural disasters on homosexuality in America. Well, I have a question for you then. If homosexual sex has a negative effect on society, does heterosexual sex have a positive effect? When I sleep with my wife am I acting as a humanitarian and political peacekeeper by preventing natural disasters or keeping my nation strong?

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
24-01-2014, 10:32 PM
(24-01-2014 09:53 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 03:47 PM)anidominus Wrote:  Homosexual behavior falls under adultery.

No, it doesn't.

Adultery is sex between two people, AT LEAST ONE OF WHOM IS MARRIED AND NOT TO THE OTHER PARTY.

Why does an atheist a Tourette's Chimp have to school you on your own superstitions?

Wow, Tourette's Chimp found someone dumber than him! Tourette's Chimp used a dictionary to find the meaning of a word.

Post an internet meme Tourette's Chimp! I know you want to you little retard you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-01-2014, 08:14 AM
(24-01-2014 07:14 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  The Canadians are, of course, responsible for inflicting Justin Bieber on the world, but they seem to be doing OK otherwise.

Doc

Yabut, we also supplied k. d. lang, Shania Twain, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Robbie Robertson, Leonard Cohen, Gordon Lightfoot, Bruce Cockburn, Avril Lavigne, ...

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-01-2014, 08:18 AM
(24-01-2014 10:32 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 09:53 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  No, it doesn't.

Why does an atheist a Tourette's Chimp have to school you on your own superstitions?

Wow, Tourette's Chimp found someone dumber than him! Tourette's Chimp used a dictionary to find the meaning of a word.

Post an internet meme Tourette's Chimp! I know you want to you little retard you.

Take your fight elsewhere.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post