Questions That Led Me to Atheism #1

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
25-01-2014, 08:27 AM
RE: Questions That Led Me to Atheism #1
(25-01-2014 08:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 07:14 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  The Canadians are, of course, responsible for inflicting Justin Bieber on the world, but they seem to be doing OK otherwise.

Doc

Yabut, we also supplied k. d. lang, Shania Twain, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Robbie Robertson, Leonard Cohen, Gordon Lightfoot, Bruce Cockburn, Avril Lavigne, ...

Yah, i'd say your overall contribution to popular music is in the positive. Thumbsup

don't forget Rush and The Tragically Hip
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2014, 08:48 AM
(24-01-2014 12:23 PM)anidominus Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 12:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  You're saying it's poor people's fault that they're poor ? Dead people's fault that they died in a war ? Your God could stop all these things but does not. He's a dick.
God has already provided all the information you need to deal with "poverty" so if you don't follow it, its your fault. If people would keep their hands to themselves we wouldn't have war. When people don't follow Gods ways people can die. Also not his fault.
It's not about fault. It's about ability. According to you theistic types, he has the ability to end war but does not. And *claims* to be loving. If he loves us that much, why does he insist on bizarre rituals instead of helping people out with his *omnipotence* ? He still a dick. Not his fault Rolleyes

Quote:You put far too much faith in people who didn't create the planet who also have motivations for telling you resources are running out so they can control you.
I assume your tinfoil hat keeps out the space rays that the aliens try to control *you* with ?

Quote:in the same book he also said stone murders to death, adulterers which includes heterosexuals and kidnappers. So he seems to be fairly consistent. None of those behaviors are beneficial to society and the people (the Jews) who were given this law agreed to it. So you still have no point.
Oh he's bad, but consistently bad now, so that's alright then ? And because some bunch of goat-herders from way back agreed it's all perfectly moral. Lovely world you live in. Betcha you'd stone 'em even today if you thought you could get away with it. Loving God, loving followers. Dodgy

Quote:
Quote:He does, according to your silly book. Or are you gonna argue that all the shit about going to hell is metaphorical ?
he doesn't try reading the book again.
Why don't *you* try reading something. Twit.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-01-2014, 09:18 AM
(25-01-2014 08:27 AM)meremortal Wrote:  
(25-01-2014 08:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, we also supplied k. d. lang, Shania Twain, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Robbie Robertson, Leonard Cohen, Gordon Lightfoot, Bruce Cockburn, Avril Lavigne, ...

Yah, i'd say your overall contribution to popular music is in the positive. Thumbsup

don't forget Rush and The Tragically Hip

A fellow Rush fan? High five!

Doc
25-01-2014, 07:29 PM
(25-01-2014 08:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 12:23 PM)anidominus Wrote:  God has already provided all the information you need to deal with "poverty" so if you don't follow it, its your fault. If people would keep their hands to themselves we wouldn't have war. When people don't follow Gods ways people can die. Also not his fault.
It's not about fault. It's about ability. According to you theistic types, he has the ability to end war but does not. And *claims* to be loving. If he loves us that much, why does he insist on bizarre rituals instead of helping people out with his *omnipotence* ? He still a dick. Not his fault Rolleyes

Quote:You put far too much faith in people who didn't create the planet who also have motivations for telling you resources are running out so they can control you.
I assume your tinfoil hat keeps out the space rays that the aliens try to control *you* with ?

Quote:in the same book he also said stone murders to death, adulterers which includes heterosexuals and kidnappers. So he seems to be fairly consistent. None of those behaviors are beneficial to society and the people (the Jews) who were given this law agreed to it. So you still have no point.
Oh he's bad, but consistently bad now, so that's alright then ? And because some bunch of goat-herders from way back agreed it's all perfectly moral. Lovely world you live in. Betcha you'd stone 'em even today if you thought you could get away with it. Loving God, loving followers. Dodgy

Quote:he doesn't try reading the book again.

Answer This....

How much time have you spent being an All Powerful, All Knowing, Everywhere Present God?
25-01-2014, 07:53 PM
(25-01-2014 07:29 PM)anidominus Wrote:  
(25-01-2014 08:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  It's not about fault. It's about ability. According to you theistic types, he has the ability to end war but does not. And *claims* to be loving. If he loves us that much, why does he insist on bizarre rituals instead of helping people out with his *omnipotence* ? He still a dick. Not his fault Rolleyes

Answer This....

How much time have you spent being an All Powerful, All Knowing, Everywhere Present God?

Precisely as long as you. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-01-2014, 08:13 PM
(25-01-2014 07:29 PM)anidominus Wrote:  
(25-01-2014 08:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  It's not about fault. It's about ability. According to you theistic types, he has the ability to end war but does not. And *claims* to be loving. If he loves us that much, why does he insist on bizarre rituals instead of helping people out with his *omnipotence* ? He still a dick. Not his fault Rolleyes

Answer This....

How much have you spent being one?

Oh yeah.

Shoo fly!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-01-2014, 01:12 AM
(25-01-2014 07:29 PM)anidominus Wrote:  Answer This....

Gee none at all. Consider I guess I'll go throw out all my science books now. Theist with the ultimate stumper question, who knew ? Which precise branch of your daft cult do I have to join now that I've admitted you're right ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-01-2014, 12:31 PM
(26-01-2014 01:12 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(25-01-2014 07:29 PM)anidominus Wrote:  Answer This....

Gee none at all. Consider I guess I'll go throw out all my science books now. Theist with the ultimate stumper question, who knew ? Which precise branch of your daft cult do I have to join now that I've admitted you're right ?

Exactly. So how on earth would you know what a God would do? You don't.
26-01-2014, 01:13 PM
(26-01-2014 12:31 PM)anidominus Wrote:  
(26-01-2014 01:12 AM)morondog Wrote:  Gee none at all. Consider I guess I'll go throw out all my science books now. Theist with the ultimate stumper question, who knew ? Which precise branch of your daft cult do I have to join now that I've admitted you're right ?

I'm a bit confused by your statements. Are you implying the usual "You can't judge God by human standards" defense?

Because if you are, it's completely bunk. Every single person who ever founded a religion was doing exactly that.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
26-01-2014, 01:35 PM
(26-01-2014 12:31 PM)anidominus Wrote:  
(26-01-2014 01:12 AM)morondog Wrote:  Gee none at all. Consider I guess I'll go throw out all my science books now. Theist with the ultimate stumper question, who knew ? Which precise branch of your daft cult do I have to join now that I've admitted you're right ?

AND NEITHER DO YOU!

So stop trying to tell us things you can't possibly know.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post