Questions That Led Me to Atheism #2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2014, 10:59 PM
RE: Questions That Led Me to Atheism #2
(30-01-2014 08:46 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  I wasn't being entirely facetious with the previous post. One of the names of YHWH is El Shaddai meaning "the One of the breast" or "the One of the womb", thus explaining anidominus's choice.

Doc

We gots a learned man ova 'ere
We don't take kindly to ur kind 'round dese parts

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2014, 02:08 AM
(30-01-2014 08:07 PM)anidominus Wrote:  A) The god does exist and he supports the claim AND PROVE IT.

If A is the case, than

1. How does the god prove the claim?
2. Does the god ever support a claim, and choose not to prove it?
3. Does the god ever make claims about his/her self directly? If so, how can we tell the difference?

Quote:B) The god does exist, doesn't support the claim, but doesn't care to correct it, thus meaning he couldn't care less about his name or himself which means I would have no interest in him either. So I guess in this instance I'll be punished or whatever.

If B is the case,

1. Is it possible for a person to claim something about a god that is not true, but that the god doesn't care to correct? If so, how can we tell?

Quote:C) The god does not exist which means you're going to need some serious charisma, slight of hand, or whatever to convince people to believe you. So then you'll have to trick me to get me to believe.

Do you believe that C is possible?

Quote:In either case, it always starts with the claim. YOU keep asking ME about my relationship with these other gods and I keep trying to tell you. But YOU WON'T LISTEN! It has nothing to do with what you believe about god or anything else. The question that YOU ASKED THAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND has nothing to do with your understanding of anything.

OK. I understand that there has been some confusion here, and some redundancy. I apologize for that. I will try to recap, and you can correct me if you need to. That way, we can make sure we understand one another.

I asked you why you do not believe in the claims of other gods. I pointed out that some of their claims are not all that different than those of yours.

You admitted to not knowing of these claims, and of not caring about them. In your mind, if they had any validity, you would have heard of them by now. If they had any validity, they would have made themselves known to you, as the Christian god has done.

I said that I don't think someone just making any old claim really means that they speak for that particular god. They could be just talking via their anus. How are we to tell the difference?

I do not feel that you have answered this question yet.

1. Do you believe that only the Christian god exists, or that many gods do?
2. Do you believe that all claims represent these gods accurately?

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
31-01-2014, 02:10 AM
Anidominus,

Before we continue this conversation, I have a sincere question.

Is there anything that could be said, or shown, that would cause you to change your mind when it comes to god and religion?

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
31-01-2014, 12:19 PM
(30-01-2014 08:14 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 08:09 PM)anidominus Wrote:  I have something called A LIFE that I must attend to. I don't waste my time with people who just bash what I say. Ask dumb questions, questions I don't understand, or who generally make a butt munch of themselves every chance they get.

questions I don't understand
QUESTIONS I DON'T UNDERSTAND

Absolutely, some of the questions that get asked make no sense what so ever. Not only on this board but on others. I don't have time to nick pick through questions that a poorly written, have all kinds of assumptions and bad logic embedded within.

Now if you want to attempt to answer every single question regardless if you understand it or not or try to get an understanding for a question you are under no obligation to answer than go ahead Mr. Thinking Atheist. You apparently have time I do not.
31-01-2014, 12:30 PM
(31-01-2014 02:10 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  Anidominus,

Is there anything that could be said, or shown, that would cause you to change your mind when it comes to god and religion?

You're more religious than I am. I have no religion. Nothing is going to change my mind about Yahweh. Has Yahweh changed? I have more than enough evidence in my own personal life and the lives of the people and cultures that have reminded faithful through the millenniums. The people who created the US believed in Yahweh and it has been one of the best nations ever created. If not the best nation ever created. How many people from across the world come here? How many different people come here and live in peace? There is no place on earth like the US and there is no God like Yahweh.
31-01-2014, 12:57 PM
(31-01-2014 12:30 PM)anidominus Wrote:  

You're more religious than I am. I have no religion. Nothing is going to change my mind about Yahweh. Has Yahweh changed? I have more than enough evidence in my own personal life and the lives of the people and cultures that have reminded faithful through the millenniums. The people who created the US believed in Yahweh and it has been one of the best nations ever created. If not the best nation ever created. How many people from across the world come here? How many different people come here and live in peace? There is no place on earth like the US and there is no God like Yahweh.

Open your eyes man! Take a peek at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zqOYBabX...SAEoEg4E71

And are you really going to bring up "the founding fathers were Christain" crap again. It has only been cleared up about a zillion times around here.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
31-01-2014, 01:59 PM
(31-01-2014 12:30 PM)anidominus Wrote:  

Ever hear of the treaty of Tripoli?
You know the one where George Washington stated that America is a religious nation, which was signed by Thomas Jefferson?
You know, the guy who wrote the declaration of independence?
Or that "one nation under god" was added in the fifties (I think? Not sure exactly what decade) by republicans?
Or that "in god we trust" was not an original design of our monetary system?

No? Oh, well google it my friend.
Also, Americans are not the best anymore. We gave that up a while ago.

Atir aissom atir imon
31-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Quote:Ever hear of the treaty of Tripoli?
You know the one where George Washington stated that America is a religious nation, which was signed by Thomas Jefferson?

I think you're missing a "not."
[+] 1 user Likes TwoCultSurvivor's post
31-01-2014, 02:11 PM
(31-01-2014 12:30 PM)anidominus Wrote:  Nothing is going to change my mind about Yahweh.
What exactly are you doing on this forum, then? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
31-01-2014, 02:17 PM
(31-01-2014 02:11 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 12:30 PM)anidominus Wrote:  Nothing is going to change my mind about Yahweh.
What exactly are you doing on this forum, then? Consider

He's changing our minds, apparently.

Rolleyes