Questions That Led Me to Atheism #2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2014, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2014 09:01 PM by Crulax.)
RE: Questions That Led Me to Atheism #2
I assume you to be a Christian anidominus if I am wrong forgive me. Why are you a Christian? Why don't you believe in Allah, Zeus, Odin and so on? You so casually dismiss them to be myth when they have as much credibility as your god.

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2014, 01:08 PM
(25-01-2014 08:52 PM)Crulax Wrote:  I assume you to be a Christian anidominus if I am wrong forgive me. Why are you a Christian? Why don't you believe in Allah, Zeus, Odin and so on? You so casually dismiss them to be myth when they have as much credibility as your god.

I am a Christian because I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. But that's not what you really wanted to know now is it?

My parents gave me the faith much the same way they gave me life. I can not see life. I can not feel it, touch it, or hear it, but I see the evidence of its power all around me.

Likewise, faith is kind of like life. You can't sense it but you can see it in the lives of the people who have it, who demonstrate its power. You hear about it within the context of the struggles of your family and other families.

You read the bible of a man named Abraham and his faith and how it made him right with God. Like life itself, faith descends from person to the next. In some people it flourishes and in others it dies. In my life it is still flourishing, I am but a young plant with much to learn and more room to grow.

When someone wants to serve God he is just and he will kick-start their faith by announcing his name and demonstrating his power as he does throughout scripture. Let Go of what you think you know and he will demonstrate his power to you.

When I observe this word and I lay out all the reasons for everything one thing is crystal clear. Every thought, every saying, every law, every wish, everything goes back to some belief that can not be proven.

Why is it wrong to kill, steal, or bear false witness? Can you prove these behaviors are wrong? Because it hurts people? Why should that matter? I could continue to ask you why until you throw your hands up in disgust.

Why shouldn't it be survival of the fittest? Can you prove that is wrong? Tell me if you can. Science can not answer these questions. If you look for these answers in "science" you will never find it. You will not find right and wrong in science, it is not there. To look for it there is to guarantee failure.

God claims he made me (the human race) in his image. All throughout history man has found a reason to find a God to worship. Why? Do the dogs cry out for a God? Do the Deer say whoa is me, help me father in heaven? When has the birds of the air given God praise?

You would think that if we were all animals then all our morality would be as the animals, purely instinctive completely severing our own ends. If a human behaved this way we would call him evil.

Where are these other gods? What are their claims? Have they demonstrated their power? Where is it written? Where are the prophets of Allah? Dagon? Zeus? Bhal? No, I need none of these gods.

Yahweh is the only God. I know of his people Israel. I know of their history. I know of their prophets and the mighty works of God they have done. Where is it written? It is written in the books of the bible. The people of Israel do not deny their history.

I know of Jesus Christ. I know he healed the sick, walked on water, and cured the blind. And even though he wrote nothing about himself but his followers believed in him and wrote about him on their own accord. Jesus only command was share the Good News. Jesus put no man to the sword yet his name is known all over the word in different cultures and different languages. Why would I accept anything else?
26-01-2014, 01:29 PM
(26-01-2014 01:08 PM)anidominus Wrote:  I know of Jesus Christ. I know he healed the sick, walked on water, and cured the blind. And even though he wrote nothing about himself but his followers believed in him and wrote about him on their own accord. Jesus only command was share the Good News. Jesus put no man to the sword yet his name is known all over the word in different cultures and different languages. Why would I accept anything else?

See, this is the exact problem. Who the fuck cares how many different languages and cultures Jesus is known in? Plenty of other deities are known to multiple cultures, and you people don't care about them. There are other Gods who were worshiped by entire civilizations *for mellenia* but they conveniently get forgotten about because: Jesus. It's psychotic to think that your religion is "right" and all others are wrong. It is.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post
26-01-2014, 02:12 PM
(26-01-2014 01:08 PM)anidominus Wrote:  
(25-01-2014 08:52 PM)Crulax Wrote:  I assume you to be a Christian anidominus if I am wrong forgive me. Why are you a Christian? Why don't you believe in Allah, Zeus, Odin and so on? You so casually dismiss them to be myth when they have as much credibility as your god.

I am a Christian because I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. But that's not what you really wanted to know now is it?

My parents gave me the faith much the same way they gave me life. I can not see life. I can not feel it, touch it, or hear it, but I see the evidence of its power all around me.

Likewise, faith is kind of like life. You can't sense it but you can see it in the lives of the people who have it, who demonstrate its power. You hear about it within the context of the struggles of your family and other families.

You read the bible of a man named Abraham and his faith and how it made him right with God. Like life itself, faith descends from person to the next. In some people it flourishes and in others it dies. In my life it is still flourishing, I am but a young plant with much to learn and more room to grow.

When someone wants to serve God he is just and he will kick-start their faith by announcing his name and demonstrating his power as he does throughout scripture. Let Go of what you think you know and he will demonstrate his power to you.

When I observe this word and I lay out all the reasons for everything one thing is crystal clear. Every thought, every saying, every law, every wish, everything goes back to some belief that can not be proven.

Why is it wrong to kill, steal, or bear false witness? Can you prove these behaviors are wrong? Because it hurts people? Why should that matter? I could continue to ask you why until you throw your hands up in disgust.

Why shouldn't it be survival of the fittest? Can you prove that is wrong? Tell me if you can. Science can not answer these questions. If you look for these answers in "science" you will never find it. You will not find right and wrong in science, it is not there. To look for it there is to guarantee failure.

God claims he made me (the human race) in his image. All throughout history man has found a reason to find a God to worship. Why? Do the dogs cry out for a God? Do the Deer say whoa is me, help me father in heaven? When has the birds of the air given God praise?

You would think that if we were all animals then all our morality would be as the animals, purely instinctive completely severing our own ends. If a human behaved this way we would call him evil.

Where are these other gods? What are their claims? Have they demonstrated their power? Where is it written? Where are the prophets of Allah? Dagon? Zeus? Bhal? No, I need none of these gods.

Yahweh is the only God. I know of his people Israel. I know of their history. I know of their prophets and the mighty works of God they have done. Where is it written? It is written in the books of the bible. The people of Israel do not deny their history.

I know of Jesus Christ. I know he healed the sick, walked on water, and cured the blind. And even though he wrote nothing about himself but his followers believed in him and wrote about him on their own accord. Jesus only command was share the Good News. Jesus put no man to the sword yet his name is known all over the word in different cultures and different languages. Why would I accept anything else?

You were taught to believe, you were taught not to question, and you were taught to blindly serve! All religion is is a marketing campaign! Know your product and know your consumer!

[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
26-01-2014, 03:47 PM
(26-01-2014 01:29 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  
(26-01-2014 01:08 PM)anidominus Wrote:  I know of Jesus Christ. I know he healed the sick, walked on water, and cured the blind. And even though he wrote nothing about himself but his followers believed in him and wrote about him on their own accord. Jesus only command was share the Good News. Jesus put no man to the sword yet his name is known all over the word in different cultures and different languages. Why would I accept anything else?

See, this is the exact problem. Who the fuck cares how many different languages and cultures Jesus is known in? Plenty of other deities are known to multiple cultures, and you people don't care about them. There are other Gods who were worshiped by entire civilizations *for mellenia* but they conveniently get forgotten about because: Jesus. It's psychotic to think that your religion is "right" and all others are wrong. It is.

What do they claim? I've been asking for the claims of these other gods and no one can seem to point to a god that even claims as much Yahweh. Its claiming something that hard? It should be easy so I should see lots of claims.
26-01-2014, 03:50 PM
(26-01-2014 02:12 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(26-01-2014 01:08 PM)anidominus Wrote:  I am a Christian because I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. But that's not what you really wanted to know now is it?

You were taught to believe, you were taught not to question, and you were taught to blindly serve! All religion is is a marketing campaign! Know your product and know your consumer!

Why bother me with questions you already know the answer? Such a sad individual you are.
26-01-2014, 04:00 PM
(26-01-2014 03:47 PM)anidominus Wrote:  
(26-01-2014 01:29 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  See, this is the exact problem. Who the fuck cares how many different languages and cultures Jesus is known in? Plenty of other deities are known to multiple cultures, and you people don't care about them. There are other Gods who were worshiped by entire civilizations *for mellenia* but they conveniently get forgotten about because: Jesus. It's psychotic to think that your religion is "right" and all others are wrong. It is.

What do they claim? I've been asking for the claims of these other gods and no one can seem to point to a god that even claims as much Yahweh. Its claiming something that hard? It should be easy so I should see lots of claims.

The claims are unimportant in that they prove nothing, nothing at all.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
26-01-2014, 04:31 PM
(26-01-2014 03:50 PM)anidominus Wrote:  
(26-01-2014 02:12 PM)Crulax Wrote:  You were taught to believe, you were taught not to question, and you were taught to blindly serve! All religion is is a marketing campaign! Know your product and know your consumer!

Why bother me with questions you already know the answer? Such a sad individual you are.

You're right I am indeed sad.

I am sad that there are to many people in power that blindly believe as you!
Drinking Beverage

27-01-2014, 07:38 AM
(26-01-2014 03:47 PM)anidominus Wrote:  What do they claim? I've been asking for the claims of these other gods and no one can seem to point to a god that even claims as much Yahweh. Its claiming something that hard? It should be easy so I should see lots of claims.

Is that really the basis for your faith? It's just "who has the most awesome story?"

What if I told you a story about the over-deity, who created all the gods, YHWH included, and that he created all the universes, and resurrected all the gods that got resurrected in history? You wouldn't just believe it, would you?

You're questioning on this line of reasoning is a red herring at best. It doesn't address the issues at hand that people bring up, and it obviously isn't the basis for your faith.

There is no evidence that God exists that doesn't require you to assume he exists in the first place.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
27-01-2014, 10:56 AM
(26-01-2014 03:47 PM)anidominus Wrote:  What do they claim? I've been asking for the claims of these other gods and no one can seem to point to a god that even claims as much Yahweh.

What are you, a tiny child? Do you reserve your belief for the most impressive boaster? You actually base your entire life, and the supposed one after, on whichever sales pitch you like the most? I don't understand how you can possibly call yourself an adult thinking person.

Quote: Its claiming something that hard? It should be easy so I should see lots of claims.

You have a wonderful knack for pointing out the flaws in your own thinking. Of course it's easy to make a claim. Making a claim with evidence, proof, or even a little bit of reason is an entirely different matter. I could claim to live on the moon for Christ's sake!

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
[+] 2 users Like Dark Phoenix's post