Questions That Led Me to Atheism #2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2014, 07:44 PM
RE: Questions That Led Me to Atheism #2
(27-01-2014 04:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 11:38 AM)anidominus Wrote:  Translation: I can't find a god that even claims as much.

So its obvious if they are not claiming it, they've never done it considering they suppose to be "gods".

Claims don't mean anything. Why do you give them any importance? That is just silly.

If I had 3 people standing before me and person A said, person's B & C are Doctors. When I asked Person B is he a Doctor he said nothing. When I asked person C is he a doctor he said "I Am".

Now, considering anyone can claim to be a doctor, which of these two men should I give my time to if I need a doctor? person B who says nothing about himself. Or Person C who says I'm a doctor. He could be lying but at least he's talking.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2014, 09:08 PM
(27-01-2014 07:44 PM)anidominus Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 04:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  Claims don't mean anything. Why do you give them any importance? That is just silly.

If I had 3 people standing before me and person A said, person's B & C are Doctors. When I asked Person B is he a Doctor he said nothing. When I asked person C is he a doctor he said "I Am".

Now, considering anyone can claim to be a doctor, which of these two men should I give my time to if I need a doctor? person B who says nothing about himself. Or Person C who says I'm a doctor. He could be lying but at least he's talking.

I can fly, walk on water, heal the sick, turn water to beer (I don't really care for wine!) and many other mystical things! I have a hundred people that will vouch for my abilities! You can take their word or do you still want more proof that I am your Lord and Savior?

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
27-01-2014, 10:51 PM
(27-01-2014 09:08 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 07:44 PM)anidominus Wrote:  If I had 3 people standing before me and person A said, person's B & C are Doctors. When I asked Person B is he a Doctor he said nothing. When I asked person C is he a doctor he said "I Am".

I can fly, walk on water, heal the sick, turn water to beer (I don't really care for wine!) and many other mystical things! I have a hundred people that will vouch for my abilities! You can take their word or do you still want more proof that I am your Lord and Savior?

I am yours to command. What is your bidding my master?
Worship Slaves

Atir aissom atir imon
27-01-2014, 10:53 PM
(27-01-2014 10:51 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 09:08 PM)Crulax Wrote:  I can fly, walk on water, heal the sick, turn water to beer (I don't really care for wine!) and many other mystical things! I have a hundred people that will vouch for my abilities! You can take their word or do you still want more proof that I am your Lord and Savior?

I am yours to command. What is your bidding my master?
Worship Slaves

Bring me ice cream and lots of it!

27-01-2014, 10:55 PM
(27-01-2014 10:53 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 10:51 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I am yours to command. What is your bidding my master?
Worship Slaves

Bring me ice cream and lots of it!

Fuck that, that means I have to get off my lazy butt. You're god right? Make your own ice cream! And beer! Lots of beer!
....mmmm, beer

Atir aissom atir imon
27-01-2014, 10:58 PM
(27-01-2014 10:55 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 10:53 PM)Crulax Wrote:  Bring me ice cream and lots of it!

Fuck that, that means I have to get off my lazy butt. You're god right? Make your own ice cream! And beer! Lots of beer!
....mmmm, beer

All of my followers must tithe ten percent of their ice cream to me! Lecture_preist

27-01-2014, 11:09 PM
(27-01-2014 10:58 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 10:55 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Fuck that, that means I have to get off my lazy butt. You're god right? Make your own ice cream! And beer! Lots of beer!
....mmmm, beer

All of my followers must tithe ten percent of their ice cream to me! Lecture_preist

Hope you're a guy or this will get awkward really fast:

[Image: aphrodisiac%20jacqueline.jpg]

I expect my free beer now!

Ps: Google is a pervert (look at search entry)
[Image: Screenshot_2014-01-27-21-02-35.png]

Atir aissom atir imon
28-01-2014, 01:29 AM
(27-01-2014 07:44 PM)anidominus Wrote:  If I had 3 people standing before me and person A said, person's B & C are Doctors. When I asked Person B is he a Doctor he said nothing. When I asked person C is he a doctor he said "I Am".

Umm...Excuse me Anidominus, but, in the dictionary under "redundant" it says "see redundant".

We all understand that you still consider any random claim to be somehow reliable by its nature alone. We all understand that you feel confident in your belief in a god who you think boasts the biggest list of super powers.

What none of us understand is how you missed the part where we said things like this.

(27-01-2014 04:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  Claims don't mean anything. Why do you give them any importance? That is just silly.

Or this.

(27-01-2014 04:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  The claims are unimportant in that they prove nothing, nothing at all.

Or this.

(27-01-2014 04:49 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Is that really the basis for your faith? It's just "who has the most awesome story?" You're questioning on this line of reasoning is a red herring at best. It doesn't address the issues at hand that people bring up, and it obviously isn't the basis for your faith.

Or this.

(27-01-2014 04:49 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  No one cares if YHWH sounds cooler than Thor, since there's no evidence either of them actually existed.

Or this.

(27-01-2014 04:49 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  Fair enough. We both have made our opposing positions clear. You have demanded a recitation on the claims of other gods, and I, as well as others, have stated that we don't consider their claims to be evidence, and so we don't bother presenting them for you. We are at an impasse on this issue.

At this point, I don't think anyone cares if you concede the point or not. I don't have any use for any claims with no strong evidence. I don't care to read them, and I certainly won't be using them as arguments of my own. I have standards.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
[+] 7 users Like Dark Phoenix's post
28-01-2014, 09:44 AM
(27-01-2014 07:44 PM)anidominus Wrote:  

The claim doesn't prove anything. You don't do anything until you have evidence; you'd be an idiot to do otherwise.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
29-01-2014, 01:42 PM
(27-01-2014 09:08 PM)Crulax Wrote:  

Ok, now die and rise again in 3 days.