Questions That Led Me to Atheism #2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 01:49 PM
RE: Questions That Led Me to Atheism #2
(29-01-2014 01:42 PM)anidominus Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 09:08 PM)Crulax Wrote:  I can fly, walk on water, heal the sick, turn water to beer (I don't really care for wine!) and many other mystical things! I have a hundred people that will vouch for my abilities! You can take their word or do you still want more proof that I am your Lord and Savior?

Ok, now die and rise again in 3 days.

He did, I saw him.
Now disprove he's not the Savior.

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2014, 01:55 PM
(28-01-2014 01:29 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  
(27-01-2014 07:44 PM)anidominus Wrote:  If I had 3 people standing before me and person A said, person's B & C are Doctors. When I asked Person B is he a Doctor he said nothing. When I asked person C is he a doctor he said "I Am".

Now, considering anyone can claim to be a doctor, which of these two men should I give my time to if I need a doctor? person B who says nothing about himself. Or Person C who says I'm a doctor. He could be lying but at least he's talking.

Umm...Excuse me Anidominus, but, in the dictionary under "redundant" it says "see redundant".

We all understand that you still consider any random claim to be somehow reliable by its nature alone. We all understand that you feel confident in your belief in a god who you think boasts the biggest list of super powers.

What none of us understand is how you missed the part where we said things like this.

(27-01-2014 04:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  Claims don't mean anything. Why do you give them any importance? That is just silly.

Or this.

(27-01-2014 04:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  The claims are unimportant in that they prove nothing, nothing at all.

Or this.

(27-01-2014 04:49 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Is that really the basis for your faith? It's just "who has the most awesome story?" You're questioning on this line of reasoning is a red herring at best. It doesn't address the issues at hand that people bring up, and it obviously isn't the basis for your faith.

Or this.

(27-01-2014 04:49 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  No one cares if YHWH sounds cooler than Thor, since there's no evidence either of them actually existed.

Or this.

(27-01-2014 04:49 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  Fair enough. We both have made our opposing positions clear. You have demanded a recitation on the claims of other gods, and I, as well as others, have stated that we don't consider their claims to be evidence, and so we don't bother presenting them for you. We are at an impasse on this issue.

At this point, I don't think anyone cares if you concede the point or not. I don't have any use for any claims with no strong evidence. I don't care to read them, and I certainly won't be using them as arguments of my own. I have standards.

What is it about this that you people don't get? YOU are asking me about these other gods. If those gods exists, then it would stand to reason that would have said something about themselves.

I know claims don't mean anything. I know anyone can make a claim. I've said that plenty of times but either your ears are clogged with wax or you don't know English. It doesn't matter to me which because the end result is the same.

Why would I give any god the time of day who can't even supply 1 claim to his power. I have a book that has a collection of approximately 40-50 independent authors regarding the power of one God. I have the experience of myself and my family. I Know the people Israel exists because they are still here to this present day and may of them can trace their history back to Abraham.

If you are going to constantly throw these other gods in my face at least have some claims to go with them. Its not my fault you people can't see the power of God in your life. I can't help you with that. But if you want to tell me about other gods then give me a good reason to bother with them.

You say claims are easy, then act like it. What are the freaking claims? Who are the prophets? Where is their word? I'm not looking that crap up because I don't care. If you want to introduce the other gods to me then fine, but don't do a half-ass job of it and expect me to pay it any attention.
29-01-2014, 02:46 PM
Holy shit, that is one hell of a double standard!
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
29-01-2014, 02:50 PM
(29-01-2014 01:55 PM)anidominus Wrote:  
(28-01-2014 01:29 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  Umm...Excuse me Anidominus, but, in the dictionary under "redundant" it says "see redundant".

We all understand that you still consider any random claim to be somehow reliable by its nature alone. We all understand that you feel confident in your belief in a god who you think boasts the biggest list of super powers.

What none of us understand is how you missed the part where we said things like this.

Or this.

Or this.

Or this.

Or this.

At this point, I don't think anyone cares if you concede the point or not. I don't have any use for any claims with no strong evidence. I don't care to read them, and I certainly won't be using them as arguments of my own. I have standards.

What is it about this that you people don't get? YOU are asking me about these other gods. If those gods exists, then it would stand to reason that would have said something about themselves.

I know claims don't mean anything. I know anyone can make a claim. I've said that plenty of times but either your ears are clogged with wax or you don't know English. It doesn't matter to me which because the end result is the same.

Why would I give any god the time of day who can't even supply 1 claim to his power. I have a book that has a collection of approximately 40-50 independent authors regarding the power of one God. I have the experience of myself and my family. I Know the people Israel exists because they are still here to this present day and may of them can trace their history back to Abraham.

If you are going to constantly throw these other gods in my face at least have some claims to go with them. Its not my fault you people can't see the power of God in your life. I can't help you with that. But if you want to tell me about other gods then give me a good reason to bother with them.

You say claims are easy, then act like it. What are the freaking claims? Who are the prophets? Where is their word? I'm not looking that crap up because I don't care. If you want to introduce the other gods to me then fine, but don't do a half-ass job of it and expect me to pay it any attention.

Seriously?? Am I the only one that is mindfucked by this??

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
29-01-2014, 03:03 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2014 04:03 PM by docskeptic.)
(29-01-2014 01:55 PM)anidominus Wrote:  You say claims are easy, then act like it. What are the freaking claims? Who are the prophets? Where is their word? I'm not looking that crap up because I don't care. If you want to introduce the other gods to me then fine, but don't do a half-ass job of it and expect me to pay it any attention.

Now that sounded like it came out of an ani dominus.
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
29-01-2014, 04:10 PM
(29-01-2014 02:50 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  Seriously?? Am I the only one that is mindfucked by this??

He's trolling us. Note how he is very selective in which posts he responds to and which he doesn't. When he does respond, he only responds in a way to guide the discussion the way he wants it to go.

It's possible he's simply out of his depth, but I think he's just messing with us. I'm done with him.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
29-01-2014, 05:30 PM
(29-01-2014 04:10 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 02:50 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  Seriously?? Am I the only one that is mindfucked by this??

He's trolling us. Note how he is very selective in which posts he responds to and which he doesn't. When he does respond, he only responds in a way to guide the discussion the way he wants it to go.

It's possible he's simply out of his depth, but I think he's just messing with us. I'm done with him.

Baby come back...

Atir aissom atir imon
29-01-2014, 05:32 PM
(29-01-2014 04:10 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

Ugh it's been a while since I've been here. I forgot about the people who deliberately speak out of their asses.

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
29-01-2014, 05:36 PM
(29-01-2014 05:32 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 04:10 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  He's trolling us. Note how he is very selective in which posts he responds to and which he doesn't. When he does respond, he only responds in a way to guide the discussion the way he wants it to go.

Ugh it's been a while since I've been here. I forgot about the people who deliberately speak out of their asses.

Welcome back! Tongue

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
30-01-2014, 12:05 AM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2014 02:25 PM by Dark Phoenix.)
(29-01-2014 01:55 PM)anidominus Wrote:  If those gods exists, then it would stand to reason that they would have said something about themselves.
(29-01-2014 01:55 PM)anidominus Wrote:  Why would I give any god the time of day who can't even supply 1 claim to his power.

Here are two examples of where I find your reasoning to be flawed, which is contributing to your not understanding what I mean when I say things like "Claims don't matter." In both of these statements you made the blind assumption that any claim presented about a god actually originates from that god. Why?

(29-01-2014 01:55 PM)anidominus Wrote:  I know claims don't mean anything. I know anyone can make a claim. I've said that plenty of times but either your ears are clogged with wax or you don't know English.

I am not so sure you do. You seem to think claims mean something when they are compiled in a book about Yahweh and the Jews. I don't think you actually believe all claims mean nothing, since clearly you are convinced by the claims of Christianity, when you have no certainty that they are any more valid than something I could make up on the spot.

(29-01-2014 01:55 PM)anidominus Wrote:  Its not my fault you people can't see the power of God in your life.

How is god's power in your life?

(29-01-2014 01:55 PM)anidominus Wrote:  But if you want to tell me about other gods then give me a good reason to bother with them.

At this point, you are being willfully stupid and blind to the overall point. I will not do this, as I have said many times already. It would be granting validity to claims that have none. No one wants to measure god dicks with you. This is an Atheist forum. No one wants you to believe in mythology, regardless of what kind it is.

As for you, your ignorance of other religions is not our problem. You are the one who might have the wrong religion, and would never know it until you went to hell. I did my homework, and I didn't pitch a fit and demand that a bunch of other people look it all up for me and then spend valuable personal time explaining it to me. I made an informed decision. What are you doing?

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
[+] 4 users Like Dark Phoenix's post