Questions That Led Me to Atheism #2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2014, 08:07 PM
RE: Questions That Led Me to Atheism #2
(30-01-2014 12:05 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  Here are two examples of where I find your reasoning to be flawed, which is contributing to your not understanding what I mean when I say things like "Claims don't matter." In both of these statements you made the blind assumption that any claim presented about a god actually originates from that god. Why?

Either ...

A) The god does exist and he supports the claim AND PROVE IT.
B) The god does exist, doesn't support the claim, but doesn't care to correct it, thus meaning he couldn't care less about his name or himself which means I would have no interest in him either. So I guess in this instance I'll be punished or whatever.
C) The god does not exist which means you're going to need some serious charisma, slight of hand, or whatever to convince people to believe you. So then you'll have to trick me to get me to believe.

In either case, it always starts with the claim. YOU keep asking ME about my relationship with these other gods and I keep trying to tell you. But YOU WON'T LISTEN! It has nothing to do with what you believe about god or anything else. The question that YOU ASKED THAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND has nothing to do with your understanding of anything.

Its like asking me why I like women with big breast and then constantly BITCHING that women with small breast can do just as good of job at raising a family. And then when I TELL YOU my preference YOU SAY MY PREFERENCE IS INVALID because of what you think when I DON'T GIVE A DAMN about what you think about my preferences or why I would pick certain gods over others.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2014, 08:09 PM
(29-01-2014 04:10 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 02:50 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  Seriously?? Am I the only one that is mindfucked by this??

He's trolling us. Note how he is very selective in which posts he responds to and which he doesn't. When he does respond, he only responds in a way to guide the discussion the way he wants it to go.

It's possible he's simply out of his depth, but I think he's just messing with us. I'm done with him.

I have something called A LIFE that I must attend to. I don't waste my time with people who just bash what I say. Ask dumb questions, questions I don't understand, or who generally make a butt munch of themselves every chance they get.
30-01-2014, 08:11 PM
(29-01-2014 01:55 PM)anidominus Wrote:  If those gods exists, then it would stand to reason that would have said something about themselves.

Sort of like YOUR gawd hasn't said shit about itself.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
30-01-2014, 08:14 PM
(30-01-2014 08:09 PM)anidominus Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 04:10 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  He's trolling us. Note how he is very selective in which posts he responds to and which he doesn't. When he does respond, he only responds in a way to guide the discussion the way he wants it to go.

It's possible he's simply out of his depth, but I think he's just messing with us. I'm done with him.

I have something called A LIFE that I must attend to. I don't waste my time with people who just bash what I say. Ask dumb questions, questions I don't understand, or who generally make a butt munch of themselves every chance they get.

questions I don't understand
QUESTIONS I DON'T UNDERSTAND

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 4 users Like Im_Ryan's post
30-01-2014, 08:18 PM
I started questioning christianity when I discovered George Carlin. He was so fearless that I put my fear away and started studying my religion from outside perspective and realized how bullshit it was. Incredible how religion can make you afraid to even think.
30-01-2014, 08:22 PM
(30-01-2014 08:07 PM)anidominus Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 12:05 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  Here are two examples of where I find your reasoning to be flawed, which is contributing to your not understanding what I mean when I say things like "Claims don't matter." In both of these statements you made the blind assumption that any claim presented about a god actually originates from that god. Why?

Either ...

A) The god does exist and he supports the claim AND PROVE IT.
B) The god does exist, doesn't support the claim, but doesn't care to correct it, thus meaning he couldn't care less about his name or himself which means I would have no interest in him either. So I guess in this instance I'll be punished or whatever.
C) The god does not exist which means you're going to need some serious charisma, slight of hand, or whatever to convince people to believe you. So then you'll have to trick me to get me to believe.

In either case, it always starts with the claim. YOU keep asking ME about my relationship with these other gods and I keep trying to tell you. But YOU WON'T LISTEN! It has nothing to do with what you believe about god or anything else. The question that YOU ASKED THAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND has nothing to do with your understanding of anything.

Its like asking me why I like women with big breast and then constantly BITCHING that women with small breast can do just as good of job at raising a family. And then when I TELL YOU my preference YOU SAY MY PREFERENCE IS INVALID because of what you think when I DON'T GIVE A DAMN about what you think about my preferences or why I would pick certain gods over others.

D) People made up myths about the world and a god, including making their god character make claims.

You seem to accept these myths as facts. Why is that?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2014, 08:23 PM
(30-01-2014 08:09 PM)anidominus Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 04:10 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  He's trolling us. Note how he is very selective in which posts he responds to and which he doesn't. When he does respond, he only responds in a way to guide the discussion the way he wants it to go.

Nice talk, Christian.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
30-01-2014, 08:25 PM
(30-01-2014 08:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  D) People made up myths about the world and a god, including making their god character make claims.

You seem to accept these myths as facts. Why is that?

He doesn't understand the question!Drinking Beverage

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
30-01-2014, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2014 07:47 AM by docskeptic.)
(30-01-2014 08:07 PM)anidominus Wrote:  Its like asking me why I like women with big breast and then constantly BITCHING that women with small breast can do just as good of job at raising a family. And then when I TELL YOU my preference YOU SAY MY PREFERENCE IS INVALID because of what you think when I DON'T GIVE A DAMN about what you think about my preferences or why I would pick certain gods over others.

Since you admit that women with smaller breasts can do just as admirable job at suckling infants as can those with larger breasts, it follows that other gods are just as good as yours. You only prefer YHWH because he has bigger breasts than, say, Artemis who has more of them.

Doc
[+] 3 users Like docskeptic's post
30-01-2014, 08:46 PM
I wasn't being entirely facetious with the previous post. One of the names of YHWH is El Shaddai meaning "the One of the breast" or "the One of the womb", thus explaining anidominus's choice.

Doc