Questions That Led Me to Atheism #3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2014, 03:35 PM
RE: Questions That Led Me to Atheism #3
If you want to know about the authors of the bible go look in it.

You guys are not doing really well on those claims. Yahweh is making some bold claims, multiple. Do the prophets of these other gods make such claims? Anyone can make a claim so where are they? Are they too chicken $#!^ to boast about their god?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2014, 03:45 PM
(24-01-2014 03:35 PM)anidominus Wrote:  If you want to know about the authors of the bible go look in it.

You guys are not doing really well on those claims. Yahweh is making some bold claims, multiple. Do the prophets of these other gods make such claims? Anyone can make a claim so where are they? Are they too chicken $#!^ to boast about their god?

Exactly - ANYONE can make a claim. Get it now! Do you know what is missing to make others actually listen or even accept it?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
24-01-2014, 03:49 PM
(24-01-2014 03:35 PM)anidominus Wrote:  If you want to know about the authors of the bible go look in it.

What good is a claim if you cannot back it up? New England Patriots fans, for example, are struggling to answer this very question.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
24-01-2014, 03:54 PM

Yahweh claims to have flooded the world in the Noach flood - a bold claim.
This claim is falsifiable - making it even bolder !!!

...and the claim has been completely falsified with copious amounts of evidence from biology, archaeology, ecology, geology and over 11,000years of continuous civilizations which bypass the flood period without being effected (eg neolithic cultures around modern day China & Indus valley - an unbroken record - not what would be expected had the bible been true.)

conclusion =
1. Yahweh makes bold falsifiable claims in the bible
2. Claim falsified by multiple rational independent converging sources
3. Bible falsified
4. Yahweh falsified

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
[+] 1 user Likes Baruch's post
24-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Quote:'anidominus'
If you want to know about the authors of the bible go look in it.

I am familiar with the bible - I used to teach & preach it for 10 years as an orthodox religious sincere believer - fluent in its original language Hebrew for old testament and familiarity with new testament (although not in Greek or Aramaic)

David Hume

24-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Quote:'anidominus'

Have any of these gods dedicated themselves to a people, gave them a land, allowed them to be removed from the land for nearly 2,000 years and then have those same people return to that land?

It would have been a heck of a lot easier had God not allowed Islam to flourish, conquer the middle east defeating the Byzantine empire, allow Islamic empires to create an "Ummah" (commonly used to mean the collective community of Islamic peoples - stretches from what was Islamic Spain to parts of Indonesia)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ummah
and then settle parts of modern day Israel/Palestine creating a unresolvable conflict !!!
Now people fighting about who's God is the right one ! Islam & Judaism sees Christianity as idolatry (trinity, claiming jesus is a god - classic idolatry & associating partners with God)
Judaism & Islam arguing about last prophets and sealing of a covenant with no new revelations. Christianity being the supreme historical persecutor of Jews followed by Islam today. Christianity claiming Islam is based on a false prophet and Blaming Jews for killing Jesus or all going to hell for rejecting Jesus.
.........and it goes on.

David Hume

24-01-2014, 04:12 PM

If you have not concluded as of yet, most of us have read the bible and know more about it than most Christians (which is increasingly apparent during such discussions).

Have you read the other holy books of other religions? How do you know only the christian bible is the true word of God?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
24-01-2014, 06:51 PM
(24-01-2014 03:54 PM)Baruch Wrote:  

Yahweh claims to have flooded the world in the Noach flood - a bold claim.
This claim is falsifiable - making it even bolder !!!

...and the claim has been completely falsified with copious amounts of evidence from biology, archaeology, ecology, geology and over 11,000years of continuous civilizations which bypass the flood period without being effected (eg neolithic cultures around modern day China & Indus valley - an unbroken record - not what would be expected had the bible been true.)

conclusion =
1. Yahweh makes bold falsifiable claims in the bible
2. Claim falsified by multiple rational independent converging sources
3. Bible falsified
4. Yahweh falsified

smh, there is nothing that has dis proven Noah's flood. They have no idea what to even look for to disprove it.
24-01-2014, 07:01 PM
So in other words. I have no reason to believe in any of those other gods because.... (either)

1) They have not provided their name.
2) They have not claimed to be God.
3) They have not made any claims regarding their power.
3) They have not demonstrated their power in such a way that they are still relevant.
4) They have not provided any instruction through any means regarding the purpose and plans of this existence.

I'm fairly certain you guys can find a god that can compete with Yahweh. Go ahead. Use those brains.

Yahweh - that is one cool name. lol
24-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Quote: smh, there is nothing that has dis proven Noah's flood. They have no idea what to even look for to disprove it.

Omg, really?
http://ncse.com/cej/3/3/six-flood-argume...ant-answer
http://www.biblicalnonsense.com/chapter6.html
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark.html
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_geology

That took me zero time. Those are just the first four results I found.