Questions We'd Like God To Answer

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
04-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Questions We'd Like God To Answer
Just for grins, I know there are a great many people (believers and non-believers) who have a question they'd love to ask God.

I encourage our visitors to post their questions here.

I'll start with one of my own:

If star light from other galaxies takes millions of light-years to reach earth, and God created Earth 6,000-10,000 years ago...why can we already see the lights?

-Ed

Seth Andrews
TTA Founder and Host
YouTube Facebook BlogTalkRadio
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Editor-TheThinkingAtheist's post
07-06-2009, 01:47 AM

RE: Questions We'd Like God To Answer
(04-06-2009 11:58 AM)Editor-TheThinkingAtheist Wrote:  Just for grins, I know there are a great many people (believers and non-believers) who have a question they'd love to ask God.

I encourage our visitors to post their questions here.

I'll start with one of my own:

If star light from other galaxies takes millions of light-years to reach earth, and God created Earth 6,000-10,000 years ago...why can we already see the lights?

-Ed

How about...
How could you let 38 children die in the daycare in Mexico yesterday?
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Emma's post
15-06-2009, 11:35 AM

Dear god, why did you allow the roof of a church to fall on your faithful flock?

Considering that they only attend church once a week, it seems almost a deliberate act to pick the day his faithful followers were worshiping him in his house.

Church roof collapse.

Pete
15-06-2009, 11:42 AM

Why god why do u always get credit for all the good stuff.
15-06-2009, 11:53 AM

Alright god...

1. Who made you? And if you weren't created for a purpose, what's the point of living? Why not just kill yourself right now? If you already know everything, and there are no goals for you to work toward that you couldn't just solve in a microsecond with your magic, what's the point? Incidentally, if I make it into heaven, what would I do? It sounds really boring up there.

2. Why did you create the universe to look exactly as it would if there was no creator and then hide yourself? A cosmic game of hide-and-go-seek seems more like a bully's prank when the difference in power and ability between you and us is so massive. Then you let us be tortured for eternity in a place that looks like the inside of a volcano if we're unable to find you. It seems unfair. Can you please explain?

3. Why make a universe at all? Loneliness is a human emotion, I'd expect you to be past things like that. Whatever the reason, you either A) need me, or B) you enjoy torturing people. Either way, can you please stop being such a butthole? A relationship is a two way street buddy.

4. Why not kill the devil? Or better yet, since you can see the future, why not have prevented evil and suffering from ever happening in the first place? You could've used your omnipotent magic powers to create a universe compatible with free will, but without the messy side effects. Why didn't you? Doesn't great power come with great responsibility?

5. Why are the clues that you left behind things that could be so easily faked or made up by humans? Things that we've accomplished recently, like traveling to the moon, are far more impressive. Maybe you need to step up the quality of your miracles a notch or two. Walking on water and flying horses don't turn many heads when we've got supersonic jets and boats that can go over 300 mph.

6. Why is worship so important to you? Forgive me, but you're kind-of an attention whore. I know HUMANS who are less shallow.

7. Why do you judge us so harshly? We're doing the best we can okay. How about you give up your magic powers, erase all knowledge from your memory, and live as a human and we'll see if you can do any better than us? How would you like it if you and I switched places and I sent you to hell for not living up to my impossible standards?

8. Why is it okay for you to boss around people weaker than yourself? Does might make right? And if so, why would it be wrong for me to use guns to boss around people weaker than I am? You're kind-of a bad role model aren't you god?

That's enough for now.
15-06-2009, 08:10 PM
If two opposing football teams each pray for victory in the locker room before the game, do their prayers cancel each other out? Smile

-Ed

Seth Andrews
TTA Founder and Host
YouTube Facebook BlogTalkRadio
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2009, 01:18 PM

(15-06-2009 08:10 PM)Editor-TheThinkingAtheist Wrote:  If two opposing football teams each pray for victory in the locker room before the game, do their prayers cancel each other out? Smile

-Ed

No, clearly the team that wins is god's chosen football team.Tongue

Why give us the commandment "Thou shall not kill", then send us into war and describe the graphic violence we are to commit against other tribes? Are you and allah up there taking bets as to whose followers will blow up the world first? Is it true that we are made in your image, and you just like to blow stuff up too?
[+] 2 users Like madame_zora's post
18-06-2009, 04:06 AM

Why were there no dinosaurs on Noahs Arc?
If dinosaurs existed at the same time as humans, why has there never been found a dinosaur skeleton with a human skeleton in its belly?
27-06-2009, 09:33 AM

Why is it that good things happen to bad people, and you shit on everyone that does good by your teachings?

Also, why is it that your flock of followers consist of some of the most retarded human beings to walk the earth, seconded to apes that have their finger up their butt (and they say that evolution doesn't happen)?

And, one final one, why are you such an asshole, yet your loving and you send a masochistic psychopath claiming to be your "son" to die on a cross just so we can be forgiven?
01-07-2009, 05:12 PM

How big a fault is it that after sincerely searching for you and failing to believe you exist, I still deserve to burn in Hell for all eternity? You're pretty mean.