Questions We'd Like God To Answer

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
20-02-2010, 04:40 PM

RE: Questions We'd Like God To Answer
God can't create a square circle either, or hot ice, or cold flames. What you did was called a category mistake.

God “knowing something” has nothing to do with your free will. He is out of our time continuum, it would be like you watching a parade from a blimp, you would see the beginning and the end and all parts in the middle. You seeing a float break down ahead and knowing that there will be a delay to the floats behind it, is not creating the delay. If I could see into your day tomorrow, I would be able to tell you what you are going to do and what would happen to you. But you have free will to do whatever you want.
Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2010, 07:50 PM

(14-02-2010 04:10 PM)Nahuel Wrote:  
(14-02-2010 12:23 PM)Grassharpper Wrote:  God, why does gravity suck so much?

:o how dare you insult gravity?

because He Works In Mysterious Ways.
23-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Why did you give Sarah Palin a Downs Syndrome baby?

Perhaps not the smartest choice of parents....

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2010, 10:06 PM

(23-02-2010 11:44 AM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  Why did you give Sarah Palin a Downs Syndrome baby?

Perhaps not the smartest choice of parents....

Ouch! Smile

To further that point, why did you give us Sarah Palin? And what's with her incoherent manner of speech? Is she drunk all the time or something? Tongue
25-02-2010, 01:29 AM

(20-02-2010 04:40 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  God “knowing something” has nothing to do with your free will. He is out of our time continuum, it would be like you watching a parade from a blimp, you would see the beginning and the end and all parts in the middle. You seeing a float break down ahead and knowing that there will be a delay to the floats behind it, is not creating the delay. If I could see into your day tomorrow, I would be able to tell you what you are going to do and what would happen to you. But you have free will to do whatever you want.

If he's outside of time as you suppose then he must be in or above the 5th dimension (out of the possible 10).

10 Dimensions

Here's a short story about some of the possible implications of space-time, infinity and free will I was shown which I found interesting and thought-provoking.

Atheist Meets God - Hope it works, I'm linking it from my email. Let me know if it doesn't so I can find a better link.

As to my question for the hypothetical god we are proposing (assuming a finite universe): What's the point of creating a inferior intelligence (i.e. humans, but not forgetting about the other living organisms in the world/universe it supposedly created) in a lower dimension, seemingly out of boredom, loneliness and self-absorption, whose only reason for existence is to love and worship the higher intelligence/force/substance (i.e. 'God')?

Pretty below par (understatement) what you would expect from omnipotence. Unless it had no choice Wink
25-02-2010, 06:49 AM

(25-02-2010 01:29 AM)jaronm90 Wrote:  
(20-02-2010 04:40 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  God “knowing something” has nothing to do with your free will. He is out of our time continuum, it would be like you watching a parade from a blimp, you would see the beginning and the end and all parts in the middle. You seeing a float break down ahead and knowing that there will be a delay to the floats behind it, is not creating the delay. If I could see into your day tomorrow, I would be able to tell you what you are going to do and what would happen to you. But you have free will to do whatever you want.

If he's outside of time as you suppose then he must be in or above the 5th dimension (out of the possible 10).

10 Dimensions

Here's a short story about some of the possible implications of space-time, infinity and free will I was shown which I found interesting and thought-provoking.

Atheist Meets God - Hope it works, I'm linking it from my email. Let me know if it doesn't so I can find a better link.

As to my question for the hypothetical god we are proposing (assuming a finite universe): What's the point of creating a inferior intelligence (i.e. humans, but not forgetting about the other living organisms in the world/universe it supposedly created) in a lower dimension, seemingly out of boredom, loneliness and self-absorption, whose only reason for existence is to love and worship the higher intelligence/force/substance (i.e. 'God')?

Pretty below par (understatement) what you would expect from omnipotence. Unless it had no choice Wink

FYI, the link doesn't work. It just takes you to the Google Mail login page.
25-02-2010, 12:10 PM

If I understood correctly, Adam and Eve were the first people on earth, whereas the others (with the occasional exception) came on earth through natural birth, descending from Adam and Eve. By whom exactly were their grandchildren conceived? Huh

(P.S. Is that why in the most puritan Christian communities incest is common practice and is that ok with You?)
25-02-2010, 12:41 PM
(25-02-2010 12:10 PM)J_V Wrote:  Is that why in the most puritan Christian communities incest is common practice

It is? News to me.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2010, 12:53 AM

(25-02-2010 06:49 AM)supermanlives1973 Wrote:  FYI, the link doesn't work. It just takes you to the Google Mail login page.

An Atheist in an Empty Kingdom - Here it is.
26-02-2010, 06:54 AM

(26-02-2010 12:53 AM)jaronm90 Wrote:  
(25-02-2010 06:49 AM)supermanlives1973 Wrote:  FYI, the link doesn't work. It just takes you to the Google Mail login page.

An Atheist in an Empty Kingdom - Here it is.

Wow!...I mean, Wow!

Well thought out...confusing...but well thought out! Good job!