• 2 Votes - 5 Average
26-02-2010, 06:15 PM

Questions We'd Like God To Answer
Dear sir...

...or is it "dear ma'am", coz I heard that when God created men,
she was only kidding... Right ?

Anyway; While I was doing my "Not collecting stamps"-hobby,
I thought of two, for you very simple, questions :

1 - When you travel around in the universe, do you get frequent flier miles ?
2 - What do we need to achieve cold fusion ?

Thank you in advance, hope to hear from you soon...

Jessy
Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2010, 07:08 PM

RE: Questions We'd Like God To Answer
(20-02-2010 04:40 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  God “knowing something” has nothing to do with your free will. He is out of our time continuum, it would be like you watching a parade from a blimp, you would see the beginning and the end and all parts in the middle. You seeing a float break down ahead and knowing that there will be a delay to the floats behind it, is not creating the delay. If I could see into your day tomorrow, I would be able to tell you what you are going to do and what would happen to you. But you have free will to do whatever you want.

I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you but free will and predetermined future are mutually exclusive. You see, if our future is predetermined then our actions have already been chosen for us, and we must therefor be unable to change those actions. And if god were able to see the future it must be predetermined, otherwise he wouldn't be seeing the future, only possible outcomes of the future. If we have free will then the future has millions of different possible outcomes, depending on the choices people make in their lives.

Also, if you were able to see into my day tomorrow, then it would mean one of two things; one, the future is predetermined and i would have no choice other then to act exactly like you saw it, or two, you would have seen one possible outcome of my day tomorrow, depending on how i decide to behave.
09-04-2010, 05:05 AM
my question would be. Why did you go to earth in a human form, let people kill your self bloody and painful, stay dead for 3 days, come back and scar some people, to take their sins away, instead of just take them away without doing all that, or just forgive them. That makes no sense at all.

PS: -why do you let bad things happen(even to the christians who love you)?
-why don´t you just clean up with other religions and send them to hell instead?
-why are you invisible?
-why are you such a jerk?
-why do you kill people and send them to hell when you say you love everybody?
-why do you seem to act like a 2000 year old product of some peoples fantasys and not like an omnipotent all-knowing and all-forgivable being?
-why do you want people to remember you, that you exist?
-and finally: when you know the future, why should we pray to you?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2010, 08:07 AM

According to the real version, God never created hell or heaven so my question would be "where do we go when we die?"
12-04-2010, 02:24 PM

(26-02-2010 07:08 PM)New Frontier Wrote:  
(20-02-2010 04:40 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  God “knowing something” has nothing to do with your free will. He is out of our time continuum, it would be like you watching a parade from a blimp, you would see the beginning and the end and all parts in the middle. You seeing a float break down ahead and knowing that there will be a delay to the floats behind it, is not creating the delay. If I could see into your day tomorrow, I would be able to tell you what you are going to do and what would happen to you. But you have free will to do whatever you want.

I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you but free will and predetermined future are mutually exclusive. You see, if our future is predetermined then our actions have already been chosen for us, and we must therefor be unable to change those actions. And if god were able to see the future it must be predetermined, otherwise he wouldn't be seeing the future, only possible outcomes of the future. If we have free will then the future has millions of different possible outcomes, depending on the choices people make in their lives.

Also, if you were able to see into my day tomorrow, then it would mean one of two things; one, the future is predetermined and i would have no choice other then to act exactly like you saw it, or two, you would have seen one possible outcome of my day tomorrow, depending on how i decide to behave.

They are exclusive don't know how you got that from me but they are. You need to look up something called middle knowledge, here is the definition from encyclopedia of philosophy, "It is best characterized as God’s prevolitional knowledge of all true counterfactuals of creaturely freedom. This knowledge is seen by its proponents as the key to understanding the compatibility of divine providence and creaturely freedom.

Me knowing my sons morning routine does not make my son do his routine. God knows who in the future will be heaven not because He chose who is in and who is but but you choosing if you want in or not. It is really not that hard of a concept, not sure why people have a problem with it.