Questions about Evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2016, 06:24 PM
RE: Questions about Evolution
If God is real why didn't He give people in hot regions reflective skin and fur to those who live in cold areas? Wouldn't that be what logical Intelligent designer would do as far as you are concerned? Doesn't that prove that no God is there to have invented Man in your image?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
22-06-2016, 06:54 PM
(22-06-2016 06:04 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Wow, no one actually answered his question. Sad

I said that.

But OP didn't really have a question, he was going "God did it" while he was typing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-06-2016, 07:46 PM
(22-06-2016 06:04 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Wow, no one actually answered his question. Sad

Ahem.

(22-06-2016 10:02 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 09:12 AM)BaileyM Wrote:  Then why don't Eskimos have fur

They shave.

Tongue

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
22-06-2016, 09:14 PM
(22-06-2016 09:12 AM)BaileyM Wrote:  If evolution is real, and people evolve based on their circumstances... Then why don't Eskimos have fur and why don't people in hot areas have silver reflective skin that keeps them safe from the sun?

You have it backwards and a bit confused. First of all, evolution does not occur based on circumstance, circumstance occurs based on evolution.

Random mutations happen all the time including in humans, but that does not mean that they get successfully passed down as a trait that is beneficial. The same goes for animals as well.

Here is two videos for you to explain it.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 4 users Like Shadow Fox's post
22-06-2016, 09:29 PM
(22-06-2016 01:07 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 12:53 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  ...
greater amounts of son.

Geez, I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Greater amounts of sons ... gene survival.

Nice one.

[Image: 6748f8ea516944e171a49983c7f5e696.jpg]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-06-2016, 09:36 PM
(22-06-2016 09:12 AM)BaileyM Wrote:  If evolution is real, and people evolve based on their circumstances... Then why don't Eskimos have fur and why don't people in hot areas have silver reflective skin that keeps them safe from the sun?

That is just not how evolution works.

Eskimos learned to beat the cold with igloos. That is evolution of a sort.

Those born in extremely hot climates tend to have darker skin, better able to handle the sun. That is also evolution.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxen's post
23-06-2016, 01:00 AM
(22-06-2016 06:24 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  If God is real why didn't He give people in hot regions reflective skin and fur to those who live in cold areas? Wouldn't that be what logical Intelligent designer would do as far as you are concerned? Doesn't that prove that no God is there to have invented Man in your image?

Here, go to Berkeley.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
23-06-2016, 05:09 AM
(23-06-2016 01:00 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Here, go to Berkeley.

Cool link! Thanks!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
23-06-2016, 07:52 AM
Bailey,

I did a search because I had heard this same thing before from some Christians. Be very careful taking anything at face value from Christian apologists. Often times they don't have any background in science or any understanding of science and make things up as they go along to further their belief system. I have also seen instances where they employ "scientists" with only the most basic of science degrees who are willing to further their agenda. A good rule of thumb is to *always* go with scholarly, mainstream research written and compiled by actual biologists, physicists, geologists, etc. These are people who are experts in their fields and have no hidden agenda.

A really good starter book is Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of Creation by Bill Nye.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
23-06-2016, 09:07 AM

Some things to bear in mind:

Evolution takes a long time. Given enough time an isolated population of humans living in cold barren wastelands might well develop fur again. After all, humans had it before, we have also retained a certain amount of fur, like beards, crotch hair, leg hair, my armpits etc. Some men have quite a bit of back hair for example.

Secondly, not all adaptations are possible at any point during evolution. Just because sea creatures can have reflective scales, doesn't mean to say that we could grow that as skin instead.

To use a simple analogy, you can think of evolutionary progress as similar to traversing a map. Just because we can get to anywhere on the map does not mean to say that every point on the map is immediately available as the next step. For example, I may have climbed a mountain, but I can't then go to a bar in London without first climbing down the mountain.

The analogy that is normally used is hill walking in fog. You're trying to find the highest peak but all you can do is walk up (survival of the fittest, think of height as representing fitness). There may be a higher peak that you could have climbed up, but you can't reach it because doing so would mean descending again.
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post