Questions about Evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2016, 03:39 PM
RE: Questions about Evolution
(22-06-2016 12:53 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 12:40 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Yabut... it's still incomplete. Wink

[Image: migraine-56c258f55f9b5829f8680718.jpg]

PA. You're welcome to find a chart with the other half of the worlds population. It was what I found that demonstrated that there was a variation in regions that have greater amounts of sun.

Geez, I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition.
Everything I read was in English. I can inquisite you in Spanish if need be!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2016, 03:40 PM
(22-06-2016 02:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 01:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  [Image: 71P6fKpcYKL._SL1200_.jpg]

Is that brought to us by the Department of Redundancy Department? Consider

Or the redundant department of redundancy.
09-10-2016, 03:45 PM
(09-10-2016 03:35 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 09:12 AM)BaileyM Wrote:  If evolution is real, and people evolve based on their circumstances... Then why don't Eskimos have fur and why don't people in hot areas have silver reflective skin that keeps them safe from the sun?

You may not be aware of it, but the peoples that evolved in Africa have very dark skin that doesn't burn as easily as people who evolved in Europe during the ice ages.

And have we covered that the dark skin prevents vitamin D toxicity? The further away from the tropics the less intense the Sun, thus Europeans are light skinned and Scandinavians often blonde. Gives them the chance to make enough vit D and thus better bones. But, we was all dark skinned once, took emmigration and then evolution to change it. Quite quick evolution, only 80 kiloyears or so.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
09-10-2016, 05:45 PM
(09-10-2016 03:45 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(09-10-2016 03:35 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  You may not be aware of it, but the peoples that evolved in Africa have very dark skin that doesn't burn as easily as people who evolved in Europe during the ice ages.

And have we covered that the dark skin prevents vitamin D toxicity? The further away from the tropics the less intense the Sun, thus Europeans are light skinned and Scandinavians often blonde. Gives them the chance to make enough vit D and thus better bones. But, we was all dark skinned once, took emmigration and then evolution to change it. Quite quick evolution, only 80 kiloyears or so.

I have noticed that the Inuit tend to be dark. Not African dark, but bronze. Could it be that they have found evolutionary workarounds for that vitamin D thing? Maybe they don't need it as much?

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
09-10-2016, 06:12 PM
(09-10-2016 05:45 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(09-10-2016 03:45 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  And have we covered that the dark skin prevents vitamin D toxicity? The further away from the tropics the less intense the Sun, thus Europeans are light skinned and Scandinavians often blonde. Gives them the chance to make enough vit D and thus better bones. But, we was all dark skinned once, took emmigration and then evolution to change it. Quite quick evolution, only 80 kiloyears or so.

I have noticed that the Inuit tend to be dark. Not African dark, but bronze. Could it be that they have found evolutionary workarounds for that vitamin D thing? Maybe they don't need it as much?

The blubber of the sea mammals they ate contains a lot of vitamin D.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
14-10-2016, 11:25 AM
(09-10-2016 03:39 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 12:53 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  [Image: migraine-56c258f55f9b5829f8680718.jpg]

PA. You're welcome to find a chart with the other half of the worlds population. It was what I found that demonstrated that there was a variation in regions that have greater amounts of sun.

Geez, I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition.
Everything I read was in English. I can inquisite you in Spanish if need be!

Not a Monty Python fan, I guess.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin