Questions about the podcast and Facebook.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2012, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2012 05:24 PM by imlemuel.)
Questions about the podcast and Facebook.
Ok, I'm sure the answers to these questions exist SOMEWHERE on here, but I'm damned if I can find them. (Oh wait! I'm an atheist, so I guess I'm damned anyway. Oh, well.)

1. Where can I find a schedule for the topics of upcoming programs? I don't know how many times I've listened to a podcast and wanted to call in...but I can't figure out : A. Where do I find out what the upcoming topic is going to be? B: HOW do I call in? I don't see a phone number...or are the internet calls, with Skype or Yahoo or something like that. He introduces callers with their area code, so I would assume it's a regular phone call, but where's the number. C: I hear him mention or read comments from, "the chat room"... What chat room...where?

Secondly...about Facebook. I'd like to join the TTA Facebook page, but I'm afraid too. I'm deeply closeted, my livelihood and that of my entire family would be put in jeopardy if I was outed. I suspect that if I "liked" "The Thinking Atheist", that fact would be broadcast to everybody I know...and show up on a list of "likes" for anyone who cared to look. I don't really know my way around Facebook well enough to know whether there's a way to post on the TTA page without broadcasting the fact...and I CAN'T take any chances...can somebody help me with that, or maybe point me to a video or other source that can help?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2012, 02:07 PM
RE: Questions about the podcast and Facebook.
Well I think if we solve you're #2 question, it may aid the answer to the #1.. In essence I think Seth posts what his plans for the future podcasts are on the FB page. The main place I know of to find the podcast info is simply on the podcast page on the site.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/page/podcasts right now there is nothing about the future podcasts up, but usually there is a listing for the date and topic of the next scheduled podcast.

As far as liking a page and not wanting others to find out. I've had that same dilemma a few times. If you want to hide that you liked the page on the newsfeed; right after you like the page, go to your profile and look for the area listing your recent activity. There should be the listing that you liked The Thinking Atheist page, you can click to hide that from your news feed and walla!! That covers it instantly coming up to anyone.

I suppose that people could look at your 'likes' page and see it, but there is some options in privacy that allow you to prevent that I think. I don't know all those details exactly.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
23-09-2012, 11:06 AM
You could also put people ito circles and the. They shouldn't see the activity on your page. Though Facebook gets pretty sketchy with that stuff and often resets settings when the privacy settings change... Without telling you.

Best thing to do is be sneaky and have another Facebook account. They are free after all.

That is also the only way I know what the new topics are and when they are. He used to follow a schedule but whatever. There might be something on blogtalk. I think he still uses blogtalk doesn't he? I haven't listened to one in a Long time actually.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-09-2012, 06:33 AM
(23-09-2012 11:06 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I haven't listened to one in a Long time actually.

The prophet speaks and you don't listen? BLASPHEMY!!!

LOL. Thanks guys. I appreciate the help.
[+] 1 user Likes imlemuel's post
24-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Apparently that might be crime soon...

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user